View Poll Results: Barrier fix mid-age warranted?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. It is overpowered to an unreasonable level and affecting the landscape of the age.

5 21.74%
  • Maybe. I mean, the devs properly estimated the effect of the bonuses, right?

1 4.35%
  • No. Yours is the only kingdom experiencing such difficulty. Just use it yourself whiner!

17 73.91%

Thread: Mid-age tweak to Barrier warranted?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    People will always complain whatever they do. So they should do like whatever they feel like doing! Cant satisify them all!
    Of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    in the last couple of ages what made you think they'd encourage use of ops? It's all about military strength, people just didn't adapt. Wizards are a tool to cast rituals and self spells with now mainly, seems planned to me.
    They talked about that in the podcasts etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky-T View Post
    I agree with initial post - Utopia seems to be split between KD's that understand keeping this up is a good idea and those that has not yet realized this/or is incapable of getting a Barrier up every 5 days.

KD Rituals is an interesting new mechanic I think - but in it's current state Barrier seems too strong. For next age I'd like to see the elements of Barrier ritual split into either 2 or 4 different rituals - Duration and cost can be tweaked accordingly.
    Yes, splitting this up and making people choose their defenses makes more sense. Either that or add -10% attack time to Onslaught so people feel like choosing that.

As it stands right now, barrier is more powerful and useful than Affluent (which is clearly retricted to war so that people don't whore with it, although with the other mechancis choices of this age, that restriction makes little sense to me.)
    Last edited by Sheister; 13-06-2017 at 15:56.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Thread Information