Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prohibit adding provinces from 22 to 25 just to win a war

Prohibit adding provinces from 22 to 25 just to win a war

Opposing kd is utilizing this tactic in a long dragged out war, but our kd does not have enough contacts to follow suit and recruit up to 25 at a moment's notice. Should prohibit this blatant abuse from happening, especially since returning from vacation mode in war is prohibited, as one of our provinces is still stuck in vacation mode, making us vastly outnumbered.

Or at least make it so that any newly added provinces stay in protection indefinitely until war is completed, so that is at least something equivalent to vacation mode.
    Last edited by Raiken; 15-06-2017 at 11:09.

Forum Fanatic
    Here are no rules against this nor anything to keep you from doing the same so how is it blatant abuse ? Use the forums here and the recruit function and do the same.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder TA View Post
    Here are no rules against this nor anything to keep you from doing the same so how is it blatant abuse ? Use the forums here and the recruit function and do the same.
    I think that's why he proposed a rule against it. One option is to cap the number of provinces allowed based on how many there were in each kd when war was declared. That way you can fill spots for people who leave, but can't grow to a 25 v 20 or 22 advantage.

Frankly it's annoying to have to go from 22 to 25 provs just because the other guys did or take the loss. Some kingdoms like to stay smaller and shouldn't be forced to grow in size.

Forum Fanatic
    And some kingdoms grow when they can and also shouldn't be forced to play a different way just because someone else doesn't . I agree it sucks and I don't like it either but it's not abuse to recruit in war. As long as both sides are allowed to do the same thing

Monsters

#MONSTERS

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder TA View Post
    And some kingdoms grow when they can and also shouldn't be forced to play a different way just because someone else doesn't . I agree it sucks and I don't like it either but it's not abuse to recruit in war. As long as both sides are allowed to do the same thing
    You should notice this is a suggestion forum its for suggesetion new things not debating if its legal or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    You should notice this is a suggestion forum its for suggesetion new things not debating if its legal or not.
    Ya might have quoted the wrong post because that's a post debating whether something is a good idea or not, which is exactly what this forum is for

I happen to agree with Thunder, and most wars aren't long enough that this risks being a major issue as protection is 72 hours while your kingdom is in war.
    And if you war at a reasonable size instead of a miniscule size then a 400a province coming oop shouldn't be a meaningful problem.
    So don't stay tiny and this won't ever be a problem regardless of how long you drag your wars.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Forum Fanatic
    Well korp if you noticed he said it was blatant abuse of the game which it isn't .Im letting him know it isn't illegal what they are doing . Thanks tho

Monsters

#MONSTERS

I think keeping new provinces in protection would be a good solution. That way the kingdoms that want to grow and recruit can do so at any time, but any new provinces won't be able to contribute to the in-progress war effort.
    - "He's kinda awesome..."

Quote Originally Posted by peteyb22 View Post
    I think keeping new provinces in protection would be a good solution. That way the kingdoms that want to grow and recruit can do so at any time, but any new provinces won't be able to contribute to the in-progress war effort.
    I think it places an undue burden on new players, seriously how fun is it going to be if you'll have sit for days and days doing nothing. This is a miniscule issue at best and I think it's better to not alienate potential new players. Grow a pair and stop warring at 400-600 acres if this really is a significant issue to anybody.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    I think it places an undue burden on new players, seriously how fun is it going to be if you'll have sit for days and days doing nothing. This is a miniscule issue at best and I think it's better to not alienate potential new players. Grow a pair and stop warring at 400-600 acres if this really is a significant issue to anybody.
    But you dont see new players getting throw into war with only 24 hour pr otection, then getting bashed cause they didnt know how to properly set up their province yet as a issue? :))

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    But you dont see new players getting throw into war with only 24 hour pr otection, then getting bashed cause they didnt know how to properly set up their province yet as a issue? :))
    Isn't protection set for 72hrs in war still or has that changed? I know that at one point it was still 72 after we dropped start of age to 24
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordray View Post
    Isn't protection set for 72hrs in war still or has that changed? I know that at one point it was still 72 after we dropped start of age to 24
    Well, yea thats true. :) They already sit for days and cant do anything except trying to build their province.

Post Fiend
    Again, i agree with not having invites during wars. The last war we fought, the guys just made multi accounts to try to win - thankfully that was picked up, but i'm certain multis are a common tactic for in-war bulking of numbers. Having invites as a possibility to bulk during war encourages that kind of rule-breaking.

I really don't think it would be that bad to force new players to the KD to sit out the rest of the war and just watch or talk over what other experienced players are doing. Better for their learning of the meta and how to build their prov to fit inside the team's goals.

Also, Provs in protection (not vacation, just prot) should not add NW or acres to the KD's overall, they produce an inaccuracy in the measure of strength in determining how each side is doing during the war - which can have a negative effect, like existing Provs believing they are doing much better in the war than they really are, this can lead to some pretty tilted and salty players the longer a war goes because they think the other side or their own KD should have surrendered already. Toxicity loses player base. Invites during war help breed toxicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kido View Post
    I really don't think it would be that bad to force new players to the KD to sit out the rest of the war and just watch or talk over what other experienced players are doing. Better for their learning of the meta and how to build their prov to fit inside the team's goals.
    And I really don't think it would be that bad to force non-new players to grow to a size where this sort of thing will never be an issue.

Also, Provs in protection (not vacation, just prot) should not add NW or acres to the KD's overall, they produce an inaccuracy in the measure of strength in determining how each side is doing during the war - which can have a negative effect, like existing Provs believing they are doing much better in the war than they really are, this can lead to some pretty tilted and salty players the longer a war goes because they think the other side or their own KD should have surrendered already.
    "Competent" kingdoms sitting at 400 acres in order to ghettobash is one of the major sources of toxicity and tiltedness, grow a pair of balls and stop warring at 400 acres, problem solved.
    You're bringing forward that only exist as a consequence of cowardly kingdoms sitting at minimum size in order to bash on complete ghettos, stop doing that and you've solved the problem, these networth "inaccuracies" are miniscule if you grew a pair and stopped bashing ghettoes.

Invites during war help breed toxicity.
    If you're warring in a nw segment where invites in war would potentially be a problem then that's by your own choice. I suggest you grow a pair of balls and stop sitting at 400a, if you do then invites during war won't be an issue, it's as simple as that.

Post Fiend
    And I really don't think it would be that bad to force non-new players to grow to a size where this sort of thing will never be an issue.
    No idea what you're saying here and it doesn't really add or provide a counter to the point i was making... would you like to try again?

"Competent" kingdoms sitting at 400 acres in order to ghettobash is one of the major sources of toxicity and tiltedness, grow a pair of balls and stop warring at 400 acres, problem solved.
    You're bringing forward that only exist as a consequence of cowardly kingdoms sitting at minimum size in order to bash on complete ghettos, stop doing that and you've solved the problem, these networth "inaccuracies" are miniscule if you grew a pair and stopped bashing ghettoes.
    So many accusations.... so many assumptions... So... what if its a ghetto fighting a ghetto, and one of them uses invite/multi exploit? They're both at the same level as competency.. sorry i mean, "competency".. in other game mechanics and meta. Does that make one of them not a ghetto because they're able to use that exploit? I mean i was drawing attention to the fact that in the first few weeks of the age when people are looking for oop wars and maybe a follow up 2nd or 3rd, then Kingdoms might be small and the addition of a few extra multis/invites could be taken into account, especially if the war goes on for longer than min time. Also, my apologies that this is a strategy game where people have different playstyles, you should definitely go KD by KD sending out strategy tips and tell people how the game is supposed to be played properly - maybe even start livestreaming on youtube.

If you're warring in a nw segment where invites in war would potentially be a problem then that's by your own choice. I suggest you grow a pair of balls and stop sitting at 400a, if you do then invites during war won't be an issue, it's as simple as that.
    Its a big server buddy, i have no idea where you're going with this insult/point, but i'd probably say that there are a lot of kingdoms in the stay small and pump for war segment.

Honestly dude, i have no idea what you have against the ideas i put up because you just seem to be attacking me and my kingdom in a personal way without actually adding anything to the suggestion. I'm more than willing to take on advice, and to hear your point out, but you haven't made it clear that you actually have a point, except that you believe that "ghettobashing" happens a hell of a lot.

Thread Information