Thread: Build error

Angry Build error

Hello,

Just wanted to let someone know that I tried to build today and when it came time and I hit the build button the build popped up to the box above from Watch Towers to Towers. I was very very careful about making sure the build was in the right box, and when the report came back that it was Towers and not Watch Towers being built I was very upset. I figured I should report this bug as it's going to ruin me for war that is coming. Easily the most frustrating moment I have had in Utopia since I have been playing.

That said, I've been wondering if Utopia wouldn't be improved by a "whoopsie button." Something that could let you take back orders that were sent immediately (same tick that they were sent). So if you do have an error (human or not) you could reverse it. As it is I have to wait for the wrong thing to get built, raze the things that are built, rebuild the things I want, and wait for them to actually get made. All the while I have to pay for each thing and in the middle of war. Needless to say, I'm boned for the next 3 days. Definitely ruining my Utopia experience.

Forum Fanatic
    Double check when you build . Game only does what is inputted. It sucks yes but people also want a redo when they don't send the correct amounts on attacks . Getting chained for a bounce is a lot worse than you building the wrong building

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder TA View Post
    Double check when you build . Game only does what is inputted. It sucks yes but people also want a redo when they don't send the correct amounts on attacks . Getting chained for a bounce is a lot worse than you building the wrong building
    I was double checking. I am not prone to this kind of mistake (I wouldn't be doing what I do in real life if I was). I am saying that I put it in the right box, and it didn't get put in the right box. I don't have any specific proof because the game is going to tell you I put it in the wrong box. I'm not going to take a screen shot before I do anything in this game. I just wanted someone to know because it basically ruined this game for me, and when the game needs all the players it can get, this is one of those things that is going to drive people away.

Enthusiast
    You were doing it on phone or on pc? Also, give your support ID so that bishop/dev can check if there actually was an issue with inputs being read incorrectly or something else happened.

Forum Fanatic
    Still sounds like a phone scroll issue

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Quote Originally Posted by Shrinky View Post
    You were doing it on phone or on pc? Also, give your support ID so that bishop/dev can check if there actually was an issue with inputs being read incorrectly or something else happened.
    It was on PC. Where can I find support ID?

Scribe
    top right of screen the drop down menu..report bug...it will show you the ID

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder TA View Post
    Still sounds like a phone scroll issue
    I wouldn't be too sure about that. I also had a funny game behaviour recently which I reported yesterday. Who knows, something is broken in the background on account of the testing being done in the other server or on account of some code changes done recently and this might have caused random glitches. It's worth a check imo to see if anything funny is going on in the background on the server side lately.

The game can't change inputs, if towers were built it's because towers were inputted.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by Capnnancy1 View Post
    It was on PC. Where can I find support ID?
    personal Support ID is 04C2A368

Thread Information