Thread: Bug with Paladin casting Clear Sight on me

Enthusiast

Bug with Paladin casting Clear Sight on me

Not really sure what happened.

Here's what I remember. I am a Dwarf Sage and I had no Mystic Aura spell up when I asked my KD mate (an Elf Paladin) to put Clear Sight on me.

Here's the log of his ops on me:

January 22 of YR3 Our mages noticed a possible spell attempt by KD Mate (X:YY) to help our people!
    January 22 of YR3 Our mages noticed a possible spell attempt by KD Mate (X:YY) to help our people!
    January 22 of YR3 KD Mate cast a spell on us! Our police have been blessed with Clear Sight for 12 days!

After he put Clear Sight on me, I checked my mystics page and I found that somehow the Clear Sight was casted and my Mystic Aura was activated. Log of my spells is as follows:

Mystic Aura
    - A Mystic Aura has been placed around our province, protecting us from the next evil spell from abroad.
    Drought
    2 days Droughts are reducing our daily harvests and slowing our soldier draft! This will last for 2 days.
    Magic Shield
    2 days The magical auras within our province will protect us from the black magic of our enemies for 2 days!
    Fertile Lands
    15 days We have made our lands extraordinarily fertile for 15 days!
    Builders Boon
    7 days Our builders have been blessed with unnatural speed for 7 days!
    Pitfalls
    5 days Pitfalls are haunting our lands for 5 days, causing increased defensive losses during battle.
    Minor Protection
    13 days Our realm is now under a sphere of protection for 13 days!
    Wrathful Smite
    6 days Your magic will smite attackers for 6 days!
    Clear Sight
    12 days Our police have been blessed with Clear Sight for 12 days!

To be doubly sure that I hadn't accidentally casted Mystic Aura on myself absent mindedly, I checked my munk bot logs and it shows only the spells by my KD mate and nothing done by me after that.

To be triple sure that it wasn't a munk bot issue, I disabled the bot and checked my mystics page. Still showed that I had Mystic Aura activated. Then I turned on the bot again and it still doesn't show any Mystic Aura spell casted by me on myself.

Can a Dev / Bishop have a look and see if something else happened in the background which shouldn't have happened?

Your personal Support ID is 8D480508

You think MA was activated somehow by the paladin?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Enthusiast
    Yes. I think the MA got activated by the paladin once the CS was successfully cast on me.

That's weird. Of it happens again can you let me know?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Enthusiast
    Ok. Did testing now. I had MA up but it did not get triggered when paladin spells were cast on me. However, it still got triggerred when storms was attempted on me.
    This means if paladin is casting friendly spell on me, it is not triggering MA. But if spell is unfriendly in nature, it is still getting triggered.

Can you confirm if Devs made changes to make this an intended behaviour?

With regards to my original post, the newly observed behaviour leads me to believe I had MA up from earlier but had forgotten about it. I was expecting that a self spell from paladin would have triggered MA before being successful because that was the behaviour of the spell earlier.
    Last edited by Shrinky; 16-06-2017 at 15:32.

Thread Information