Thread: War Lottery

War Lottery

Welcome to the War Lottery

As the Monarch you have entered your kingdom into the War Lottery.

As its name implies the lottery will pop you into a war within 72 hours with a random opponent Kingdom that is similar to you in:
    1) Player Number
    2) KD NW
    3) KD Land
    4) Median NWPA
    5) War Wins
    As no two KD will ever be identical there will be a 10%? variance applied to these modifiers

ACCEPT WAR BUTTON
    Note: This action is not reversable and once you press the accept button you will be matched and locked into war.

So the thinking is this - at the moment it can be near impossible at times to get a war, such and such kingdom is not ready, such and such kingdom looks to scary, such and such kingdom isnt interested in warring etc.

So, why not have a lottery system. Once your kingdom enters the lottery it cannot back out. War will start between the 60th and 72nd hour - to allow flexibility in regards to when different kingdoms push the button - also adds an element of surprise as neither kingdom will have a 1st wave advantage

Results of pressing the button…

1 - Sorry there are no kingdoms within your size range for you to war at the moment, your request will be kept open for one UTO day and will then need to be resubmitted

2 - YOU have been matched with another kingdom for WAR. Note war will start at a random time after the 60th UTO hour from now (Hour Displayed)

Kingdoms participating in the lottery will receive the following bonus's.

Losing KD a war chest of 3 % of the KD NW in GC distributed across the KD based on the median province. Winning KD 6%.

Long term I was thinking of penalties for KD that do NOT war - min of say 3 wars per age or the game becomes harder - but this is theoretical atm :)

And while I know people will find LOTS of reasons for this not to work - I am more interested in the Komments on how it COULD work

And Bishop the reason I have posted here rather than Suggestions is that I feel it needs to be discussed. This community has a wealth of very talented people and I am sure some of the very bright ones will be able to pick this idea up and run with it :)

So thoughts peoples?
    Laughter IS the best medicine - always

Needs to get out more
    I'm with it and I'm not normally a gambling man.

I'm thinking the devs offered War Proposal as a mechanic in the same wheelhouse. The only problem is you can still refuse. So a lottery would be a deluxe version of War Proposal. To my thinking you would have these 3 factors:

1- War proposal would be anonymous so neither side know what to prep for prior to declare.

A- Proposals would drop like our crazy US lottery at a designate time(tick), with pingpong balls and sleazeballs dressed in bedazzled tuxedos and plunging necklines.

2- You play or fold with an honor ante percentage to encourage kingdoms to stick their head in the meat grinder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

not enough kingdoms in player pool for this to work
    -- Freedom Valley - Cartoon Networth - Harsh Cheeses - HaLL of FORCE - The Fantastic Trollfags - Polar Bears - Simians - Pew Pew - RoO - Mango Unchained - RoO

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovenmitt View Post
    not enough kingdoms in player pool for this to work
    If u add some margins like +/- 5-10% land/nw/honor it could be enough for kds looking for war. The game probllem is that so many ages the changes were for growth and pumping deep, and now all kds war only if uber pumped/fully ready/have all the adv over oponent - wich on this player base its pretty dull and finding a war is harder and harder. With fort and barried waving random for a war its also imposiblle.
    Would also add a forced war for kds once every week or 2 (a week-2 after theyr last war or so). The fun of the game especially now when whoring is not so good annymore, is warring but searching for a war for weeks aint fun :)

Enthusiast
    I suggested something similar but you are forced to war once a week. All wars last 3 real days and computer decides the winner. Winner gets land bonus, loser doesn't. Zero interactions outside of war. Also you would remove the explore pool completely. Their would most likely be one champion. Everyone would have a fair shot, it would eliminate fake wars, multi, farms, lame cfs, dragged wars, vulturing and about everything people complain about in utopia. It would increase logins also as every week you would have to prep for war and fight a war.

Needs to get out more
    I like your severity.

Actually, I was only suggesting a volunteer pool, but as Ovenmitt points out, the base is probably too small.

I'll offer encouragement though: most wars I'm in I haven't looked at the enemy kingdom page till declare.

Anyways, IMHO whoring isn't dead, it's just as hard as it should be. It's equivalent to the skill level of the whoring sect. As a player who challenges himself to grow exclusively through retal I feel that whoring players should do so well; being land aggressive and practiced in the arts. The ceiling might be lower but the skills have a place to flourish. The decision to go (meta) dwarf heavy is typical and some may fault Emeriti for attempting to split the atom. Still the new system should be explored for alternatives to wars of attrition.

We are at the precipice of innovation. If you regard this era as WWI then it's time to find the Utopian version of air power and mechanization.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 17-06-2017 at 22:49.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by cRs View Post
    If u add some margins like +/- 5-10% land/nw/honor it could be enough for kds looking for war. The game probllem is that so many ages the changes were for growth and pumping deep, and now all kds war only if uber pumped/fully ready/have all the adv over oponent - wich on this player base its pretty dull and finding a war is harder and harder. With fort and barried waving random for a war its also imposiblle.
    Would also add a forced war for kds once every week or 2 (a week-2 after theyr last war or so). The fun of the game especially now when whoring is not so good annymore, is warring but searching for a war for weeks aint fun :)
    why? look at the top 10 on the server. Most of us are out of that range of each other. when there's only 1 kd in range it becomes a default war button. sucks to be the little guy.
    -- Freedom Valley - Cartoon Networth - Harsh Cheeses - HaLL of FORCE - The Fantastic Trollfags - Polar Bears - Simians - Pew Pew - RoO - Mango Unchained - RoO

Replies: 6
    Views: 426

Thank you to the six people who have replied - I have deliberately left my response until now. I agree with most of the points being raised especially about the small player base..

Stratocastle I like the lottery idea you have put up and I also agree that if you add plus or minus factors it should even out the odds a bit as well.

There are a number of different factors that could also be added here to even the odds - - army return times for one side.... or increased spell durations etc...

But, given that so few have commented I can only assume that the vast majority of people are happy with the status quo?

Once again a THANK YOU to those who have commented :)

I like to post
    Krozair. You can realize what you want without needing the devs to cater for it. You can simply join my Spartanism alliance, which will provide the following:

1. Protection against all whoring tier KDs, as I as alliance leader will take care of all CFs for the entire alliance --> and take action should the CFs not get there.
    2. Protectiona gainst infringement while preparing for war.
    3. A limitless pool of allied KDs willing to have fun warring.

KDs that join my alliance will have some rules to stick with:

1. No waving of KDs in or outside of the alliance unless it's for an agreed war.
    2. Sticking to the terms of their war agreements.
    3. Not competing for the land charts.

So, if you as a KD only want to war and use the rest of the age just to prep in peace for the next war, join!

Bart

Thank you very much for your kind offer, however it is simply to stop alliances from forming that was one of the reasons for my original idea. I mean no offence to you, or to any in alliances, but I have found over the years that they have prevented more wars... a "cant hit this kd as they belong to that alliance mentality".

I was honestly thinking more of having a system where kingdoms who are looking for war will get one - and while no system is perfect I feel one may be needed :)

Happy Gaming

Thread Information