Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: War Proposal timer

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    33

    War Proposal timer

    I think after war is declared via the new war proposal mechanic, there should be a timer (3-5 minutes, 10 max) counting down when the war officially begins so that both sides know exactly when the war will begin. IMO the whole point of the new mechanic is to offer symmetry to war declaration, and right now the kingdom accepting the proposal is at a huge advantage.

  2. #2
    Forum Fanatic Pillz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sinners NA
    Posts
    2,278
    How?

    The proposal is valid for just 1 tick. If you're gonna send a proposal and not be ready for it O be accepted that tick you're making a grievous tactical error.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    43
    If there was going to be a modification to the timer, then i'd say give it a countdown of 12 ticks. That way both KDs can see when war starts and that. It gives you the symmetry you want.

    However, i like it in its current state. There's strategy in choosing when to propose and when to accept.. and this is a strategic game, not a team deathmatch.

  4. #4
    Post Demon Elldallan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Kido View Post
    If there was going to be a modification to the timer, then i'd say give it a countdown of 12 ticks. That way both KDs can see when war starts and that. It gives you the symmetry you want.

    However, i like it in its current state. There's strategy in choosing when to propose and when to accept.. and this is a strategic game, not a team deathmatch.
    No thanks, if you put a countdown for 12 hours you're gonna run into issues major issues such as one of the kingdoms secretly arranging for a wave on the other kd in order to help them win the upcoming war and such.

    Like Pillz says if you send a war suggestion and are not prepared for that offer being accepted you've ****ed up massively.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    No thanks, if you put a countdown for 12 hours you're gonna run into issues major issues such as one of the kingdoms secretly arranging for a wave on the other kd in order to help them win the upcoming war and such.

    Like Pillz says if you send a war suggestion and are not prepared for that offer being accepted you've ****ed up massively.
    Lol, ok, well thats an easy fix, just introduce war like restrictions on outside kds. Like make it so that no other KDs can interfere with the 2 warring. The 2 warring KDs enter war stance immediately on commencement of the countdown. Theres 0 gains and 100% op failure from all exterior KDs. Also only intel ops can be done between the warring kds. Honestly though, your counterpoint would be a minor issue, that would probably only happen in the upper tiers. Fewer alliances down in the dogfight.

  6. #6
    Post Demon Elldallan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Kido View Post
    Lol, ok, well thats an easy fix, just introduce war like restrictions on outside kds. Like make it so that no other KDs can interfere with the 2 warring. The 2 warring KDs enter war stance immediately on commencement of the countdown. Theres 0 gains and 100% op failure from all exterior KDs. Also only intel ops can be done between the warring kds. Honestly though, your counterpoint would be a minor issue, that would probably only happen in the upper tiers. Fewer alliances down in the dogfight.
    Yes I agree that intentional interference will most likely happen when crowns are on the line etc, but unintentional interference will happen in all tiers, and I don't see why you'd need this extra time, the offer lasts for an hour and if they take it you can both wave right off the bat, neither side is really unfairly advantaged from the current system.

    And I don't think we should add additional protected time so I'm against adding any "warlike protection" to your 12 hours.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    Yes I agree that intentional interference will most likely happen when crowns are on the line etc, but unintentional interference will happen in all tiers, and I don't see why you'd need this extra time, the offer lasts for an hour and if they take it you can both wave right off the bat, neither side is really unfairly advantaged from the current system.

    And I don't think we should add additional protected time so I'm against adding any "warlike protection" to your 12 hours.
    Hence why i said i like the current system. I was just providing OP with a lengthier discussion and solution. Currently, there is some strategy - i.e. waiting till right before tick or 10 - 20 mins. But the tactical advantages gained in waiting aren't huge. You might be able to get in a whole wave on an attacker thats offline, or something, which means if you're proposing, your attackers need to be on from propose till end of tick. But then its only the start of this mechanic, so understanding how to use it will change. Its very different from the war to button way. Starting on just the next tick after the proposal has been accepted might have the symmetry the OP wants.

  8. #8
    Post Demon Elldallan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Kido View Post
    Starting on just the next tick after the proposal has been accepted might have the symmetry the OP wants.
    Yes that would certainly work and not be particularly inconveniencing to either side.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  9. #9
    Forum Fanatic
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,625
    If your not plannning or ready don't offer

    Monsters

    Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

    #MONSTERS





  10. #10
    Sir Postalot Ordray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South East, USA
    Posts
    3,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder TA View Post
    If your not plannning or ready don't offer
    And maybe just show a little diplo and negotiate an offer/accept time...
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordray View Post
    And maybe just show a little diplo and negotiate an offer/accept time...
    lol, i would 100% set up a offer time, then wait for all my guys to get online before i accepted it regardless of whatever i've agreed to.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •