Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gaining Honor Out of War?

Gaining Honor Out of War?

So I'm a baron right now, and this war is ending, my kingdom is going to win. So I'll get an honor boost from the war win as well as any other ops I perform between now and when they surrender...I figure my honor to be between 2700 and 2800 when they do finally surrender. I want to get to viscount before our next war, and I want to know if there's any feasible way to really do that? My kd has been averaging about 1.5 days CF and then 3 days rebuilding before we get into a new one.
    I know it's a lot harder to get honor OOW, but is there any way to really do it?
    dz comin at ya

Regular
    Ranking > Honor Charts > Orc > Hit it.

nope..

and you will lose 1% honor every 24hrs in war, including the end of war CF

Try casting explosions on provs with viscount honor rank and higher. It used to give 1 honor point be4 new code, tho not every visc was giving it and I never figured why. Either visc was too close to baron or had too low wpa, so wpa wise it was kinda bottomfeed. Casting explosions on count was giving 1 hp for sure.

Or could try bribe thieves/release prisoners on provs with count honor rank and higher, worked same way as doing spells, opping marquis should give 1 hp for sure, unless they changed formulas of honor gains, tho I doubt that.

We in Seasons whored like 15000 hp that way in honor age and stupid t/m's never figured wtf is going on :)

But it will take tons of time and effort, best way imo is topfeed on top kds where smallest prov is like 130%+ topfeed for ya, land gains will suck, but honor gains should be ok, when top kd will retal ya, they should not gain any honor with 75% bottomfeed, while u should be getting 1-1.5% hp of target.

Even better is to get to mutual hostile with another kd. Mutual hostile honor gains should be like x2-x3 better than no relations honor gains.

In short, GL with honor whoring OOW, it takes uber pro player to even consider that ;)
    Last edited by Drug; 02-04-2010 at 08:43.

Post Demon
    You didn't actually say whether you are an attacker or a t/m, but judging from you talking about any ops you do before the war win I assume you are a t/m. No harm in trying for the honour OOW, although I would assume you will get to Viscount very quickly as soon as your next hostile->war kicks off anyway.

Yeah, sorry. I'm an A/M. Predominantly an attacker, but my wushu is strong. So I ended the war with about 2600 honor, and will be in the CF for min time, so I'll end the CF with about 2550 hp.
    I think I've got the right idea though. Thanks!
    dz comin at ya

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Drug View Post
    Try casting explosions on provs with viscount honor rank and higher. It used to give 1 honor point be4 new code, tho not every visc was giving it and I never figured why. Either visc was too close to baron or had too low wpa, so wpa wise it was kinda bottomfeed. Casting explosions on count was giving 1 hp for sure.

Or could try bribe thieves/release prisoners on provs with count honor rank and higher, worked same way as doing spells, opping marquis should give 1 hp for sure, unless they changed formulas of honor gains, tho I doubt that.

We in Seasons whored like 15000 hp that way in honor age and stupid t/m's never figured wtf is going on :)

But it will take tons of time and effort, best way imo is topfeed on top kds where smallest prov is like 130%+ topfeed for ya, land gains will suck, but honor gains should be ok, when top kd will retal ya, they should not gain any honor with 75% bottomfeed, while u should be getting 1-1.5% hp of target.

Even better is to get to mutual hostile with another kd. Mutual hostile honor gains should be like x2-x3 better than no relations honor gains.

In short, GL with honor whoring OOW, it takes uber pro player to even consider that ;)

ROFL what a tard post.

Post Demon
    The most reliable method would be to Trad March your way up, and not be hit. Of course you'll grow much bigger as well, which generally speaking is a good thing - however, making lone trad marches is a surefire way to wind up being retaliated, not to mention the likelihood of a war kd waving you outright.

Explosions, PF, or maybe some high end thief ops also work, but this will net 1 or 2 honor points per op at the most. You get more if your kingdom initiates hostilities with another (but not the other way around - one of the few benefits of giving the button to a victim kingdom). Waving far weaker kingdoms is a way to garner honor and land gains without too much fear of reprisal, but it can and does backfire.

If you're playing your cards right you can amass reasonable honor out of war, and grow large in the process - one age i had gained about 500 honor points while I was climbing towards 10k acres, all from random grabs and kingdom waves that went unchecked.

Im a noob attacker, and picked Human/War Hero (185k NW). I am 88 Honor away from Baron, how do I look for good targets out of war? none of thoose answers have been usefull for my case.
    I picked 33 honor from an undead 10k NW lower than me attacking him twice. Now an Orc of another KD wich is 3 times lower NW than my KD attacked me with anonimity for land. He is 45k NW higher than me and took 164 acres of land, and ofcourse no honor, so that attack actually was beneficial for me since then I can get more honor while I grow to my teamates size. He is a Knight, so Am I willing to take good honor from him if I attack him back?(can only once) or should I attack his teamates wich are slightly smaller than me in NW 4 times instead? How do I know how much honor im getting from what target?

Thanx in advance.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SoShaan View Post
    nope..

and you will lose 1% honor every 24hrs in war, including the end of war CF
    no he won't, that is gone for several, if not dozens of ages

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Drug View Post
    not sure why i couldn't even move a single point when i just cast 4 explosions on counts in a row... maybe its because i'm a viscount my self...?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    For those that didn't realize, this thread is like 3 years old.

@yelose - Find a high honor prov around your nw, and hit them if you're looking to gain honor. The amount you gain is based on how much they have.

Post Fiend
    ****.. blame csarmi for this.. i got fooled like a fool..

Forum Addict
    Sorry, I didn't see it was a necro thread. I blame yelose.

I am like 2 points away from being a baron and we're not in war...
    apart from making hits... can i do any spell ops to get those 2 honor points?
    am an UD WH btw

Thread Information