Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Razing into an open war.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    i said a number that took the prov to 5 ppa and i had to use 15% homes to get there given the current timing of the ages honor/science. If you entered last war on those numbers you had 24.2 pop/acre non peasants. You are above what MOST war kds hit and very much are the exception unless you are going into war with 40%+ homes which is stupid given your tpa/wpa and the timing of the age. i.e. either your build is terrible and you ran an insane amount of homes or you are training WAY deeper than any kd you are waring.

How do i know this?
    the last time i wared your kd was age 69 (our war #3) and we beat u min time in a landslide. The numbers i suggested of 10 8 2 2 are the numbers i'd want on a pure attacker in my kd and my kd is the type of kd you lose to.

It all gets back to stealing though. If you think war kds need to have a real war build and be drafted to <2 ppa on pure attackers you are also the kinda player that probably steals gc from top kds. And well this thread shows u what top kds think of that and the repercussions. Funniest thing is you dont need to be drafted that deep to win in the war tier...22v24 pop/acre in non peasants isnt a huge difference(can easily be evened out with a small difference in land) but u go to the top tier and -3 ppa v 4 ppa is a 7 military per acre difference, is HUGE and war determining(especially when u cant simply "be bigger" to account for a lower draft rate).
    Yes, we warred you, an NM-based KD with a poorly wizard pumped kingdom - granted that was our mistake twice - once to war a KD compromised of magic and two not pumping effectively. The result is the same, we lost, you won.

And I went into war at 15% homes.
    Last edited by stealth4785; 21-06-2017 at 18:07.

This got 14 more pages than needed.
    "Because of the implication"

I like to post
    It's a thread about me, what u expect? The devs should be paying me for all the coverage I create and the extra income they get from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    It's a thread about me, what u expect? The devs should be paying me for all the coverage I create and the extra income they get from it.
    Please come back when you get 100+ pages. Scrub.

thread TL;DR: Make stupid targeting choices be prepared to face the consequences

Quote Originally Posted by KrakenDomes View Post
    And we wonder why the player base keeps shrinking lol.

Soon the top 20 can play with themselves and circle jerk around all day growing.
    =( there is that....

Regular
    @Palem

"Quote Originally Posted by Meep View Post
    The aggressor does not get to tell the person they robbed what response is and isn't acceptable.
    At some point they do.

If a guy tries to mug you and you beat the piss out of him, yea, he had that coming and there's no right to complain about anything.

If a guy tries to mug you, and you beat him to death on the street, grab his ID, find his home, break in, tie up his wife, round up his children and starts brutally torturing the children to death in front of the mother and then after all the children are dead he takes the wife and as he's raping her he cuts off her head with a steak knife he found in the kitchen and then sets the severed head on a spike in the now destroyed families lawn....yea I'd say that the person being mugged crossed a line and wronged the mugger."

I'm sorry to disappoint you, dude, but what you're stating above is related only to an imaginary world that has very little to do (if any) with real world. Yes, in theory you're right, I agree - theoretically - with you. Fact is, when you ACTUALLY mug a stranger, there's 0(zero) guarantee of the way he will react. We have written laws, we have police, judges and whatnot to enforce those laws, we have common sense, we have "rules" in our communities where we live, we have good habits and parents, teachers, grandparents and friends to help us understand and live by those "rules" and good habits; we grow and learn to behave accordingly and we expect others to follow/respect same common sense rules, many not written. Still, I have to say, making an act of aggression against a stranger with the naive believing that he will respond having in mind the "rules" I've mentioned above is .... well, naive. I don't want to say stronger words, no need for them, I'm sure you understand what I'm saying here.

You attack him, he might kill you and your entire family with an ax or a machine gun; could that be filed under the category "I'd say that the person being mugged crossed a line and wronged the mugger" ? Maybe. You (and me) will say that it does, others will say that it doesn't. Not very relevant, to be honest. Why ? 'Cause neither opinion will bring back to life you and your dead kids and wife. What can you do then ? Well, put your trust in laws and common sense "rules" BUT do not forget that those won't actually do anything for you when facing an ax or a gun. Instead of hoping the person you attacked will be reasonable and won't overreact and kill you, for instance, be aware of the unknown lurking where you don't expect and try and stay away from troubles as much as you can.

Meep is 100% right : "The aggressor does not get to tell the person they robbed what response is and isn't acceptable." It may not be according to laws or "rules", but it's all around us, we simply can't ignore reality. Certain people are very different from us, their beliefs are not ours, their ways of thinking and acting could be, sometimes, impossible to imagine and anticipate. So why provoke them ? Why put us in danger ? To every action there is/could be a reaction. Be skeptical when thinking you know people, be skeptical whom you trust and be prudent/skeptical when trying to imagine the outcome of your actions. Or else, be prepared to face possibly dire consequences.

@ Foursup
    "Quote Originally Posted by Folle View Post
    If you HAD to fight somebody, wouldnt you rather start the fight when them in chains?
    Fk NO! i would start the fight by letting him try to hit first. and not be a fkin pussy. start in chains?? grow some balls"

lol dude, I just hope you will never ever be in a life&death situation, you will most likely be blown to pieces. Not trying to be mean or anything but if you imagine that, in such desperate situation, opponents will think of "honor", "balls", "not being a pussy" and other very strange concepts when compared with SURVIVAL, well, you're delusional :)
    Watch this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLKbcrC0krQ. I know it's a movie, but this scene is more than eloquent for WHAT ACTUALLY LIFE AND DEATH IS. When facing death, many people will basically do ANYTHING to survive. GL in the real world, dude.

@Illy, mystyka

lol, I had a good laugh reading all your posts. mystyka, you have no clue about this game; how do I know that ? Well, I realized it the second you wrote "honor" in relation with this game (ruled by the same cruel, ugly, unwritten laws of humankind as there are in RL). Noble figures, great characters and dependable persons are as scarce in here (and in RL, too) as a flower on top of the Himalayas. Time to grow up, girl. Stop dreaming, stop lying to yourself.
    Last edited by jacko; 22-06-2017 at 16:06.

I like to post
    Nice post!

Still...

#l2quote

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    @Jacko

Just so we're clear, if you bump into me you think I'm justified to murder your family in response?

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    @Jacko

Just so we're clear, if you bump into me you think I'm justified to murder your family in response?

Regular
    @Jacko

lol, that's not what I said :). I said that some will find that unreasonable, some will find it reasonable, BUT reality is that no one really knows what others might do, reasonable or not. Justified or not. You take a risky action, there could be unknown consequences.

On another note, there were cases where psychopaths killed entire families without suffering as much as a "bump into them". If you, God forbid, intentionally slap hard across the face one deranged guy like that, what do you think it will happen ? No one knows. It's impossible to predict.

PS : "an innocent bump into him" for a reasonable person would mean nothing, but could mean the equivalent of a spit in the face or slap in the face for a deranged, mentally ill person. Who can really tell what's going on in other's people minds ?
    Last edited by jacko; 22-06-2017 at 14:26.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I wasn't saying that people don't do horrible things. Regardless of any motivation, some people are literally insane, others are just jerks.

My point was making your intentions of doing awful things known doesn't absolve you of any wrong doing. You aren't justified in doing horrendous things just because you let people know that beforehand.

The fact that Jeffery Dahmers exist doesn't mean people are justified to act like Jeffery Dahmer lol

Regular
    I wasn't saying that people don't do horrible things. Regardless of any motivation, some people are literally insane, others are just jerks.

My point was making your intentions of doing awful things known doesn't absolve you of any wrong doing. You aren't justified in doing horrendous things just because you let people know that beforehand.

The fact that Jeffery Dahmers exist doesn't mean people are justified to act like Jeffery Dahmer lol
    I agree with both of your statements. However, I was stating something different : if you do let people beforehand that doing wrong to you will result in an pretty disgusting response and they still offend you, how will others label the offender ? Yes, they will accuse you of excessive response, but him how will he be regarded ? Crazy ? Unconscious ? Cocky ? Courageous ? I can go on and on with naming different things BUT, how will any of those labels change the outcome ? When the deed is done and time cannot be rolled back, what difference does it makes, especially in ugly, ugly endings ? You will have all arguments by your side, only it will be too late, right ?

"The fact that Jeffery Dahmers exist doesn't mean people are justified to act like Jeffery Dahmer lol" will not help you at all if, let's say, you enter a metro station, set eyes on first male that comes your way and spit him in the face. That random dude might me as worse as Jeffery Dahmer, or worst. Can you tell how will he react to your aggression ? People act as they freely want, regardless of what you think "they should do" or "shouldn't do".

I like to post

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I can go on and on with naming different things BUT, how will any of those labels change the outcome ? When the deed is done and time cannot be rolled back, what difference does it makes, especially in ugly, ugly endings ? You will have all arguments by your side, only it will be too late, right ?
    In the real world, assuming you're dead and the offender is in jail, yea having the moral high ground is useless.

In utopia, where people not only never really die and no one forgets anything, gaining a poor reputation is as close to a death sentence as you can get.

People act as they freely want, regardless of what you think "they should do" or "shouldn't do".
    You're right. People act according to what they think they should do. However if you deny that where these things overlap for most people is where we define what normal social protocol is and people tend to be judged by how they behave in comparison with that, then you're far more naive than you'd like to accuse me of being lol

Thread Information