Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Razing into an open war.

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Control+f:"morals"=no results :(

I'm not talking about morals. I'm talking about social norms. There's a difference. There is basically nothing that someone could do in utopia that I would call "morally wrong" (in terms of the actual game and in-game actions).
    Morality (from the Latin moralis "manner, character, proper behavior") is the differentiation of intentions, decisions and actions between those that are distinguished as proper and those that are improper.

Norms are regarded as collective representations of acceptable group conduct as well as individual perceptions of particular group conduct.

So the only difference here is whether you look at group behaviour or general (individual/group) behaviour. As your criticism is directed at Monarchs as individual/key decisions-makers, I'll assume you're talking about morality.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Illy View Post
    I'm pretty sure you're right.

@Palem or any other Mod: Can this thread be deleted/locked as per the request of the OP (me)?

I got the answer to my original question and the last 5 pages or so have been about completely unrelated moral/pragmatism/social norms discussions for which the only conclusion is "Let's agree to disagree"

Thank you,
    Illy
    Sure, seems like a waste of a perfectly good thread though =/

@bart clearly talking about group behavior. #LastWordWins :p

Thread Information