Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Razing into an open war.

Postaholic
    When the punishment far out weighs the crime, you don't teach a lesson, you create resentment and retaliation. How much gc was stolen?

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    When the punishment far out weighs the crime, you don't teach a lesson, you create resentment and retaliation. How much gc was stolen?
    Multiple millions, directly into the war prep of at least 4 different top KDs.

When you rob from every top KD on the server, you create resentment and retaliation.

Quote Originally Posted by Meep View Post

When you rob from every top KD on the server, you create resentment and retaliation.
    Also complicates the issue of appealing for help as it's going to need to come from top kds, who won't help you if you robbed them.
    "Because of the implication"

I like to post
    Meep explained it best. They gambled, won a few times, but when you gamble with me you either win or die, there is no middle ground.

Due to all the personal insults and this forum topic I think we gotta make this a matter of principle. Told my guys to let off a bit earlier but I think we're gonna step it up a bit again now!

Postaholic

Multiple millions from 4 Kingdoms sounds like chump change to me. When top kds sit on 350+ million gc and a couple million goes missing, that needs to be written into the budget. Some day ghettos will learn that nw protections aren't what they used to be and that top kds are extremely vulnerable because of the way they play.

Top kds have a right to put a gc value on the life of a province, but doesn't mean the ghetto needs to have the same value.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    Multiple millions from 4 Kingdoms sounds like chump change to me. When top kds sit on 350+ million gc and a couple million goes missing, that needs to be written into the budget. Some day ghettos will learn that nw protections aren't what they used to be and that top kds are extremely vulnerable because of the way they play.

Top kds have a right to put a gc value on the life of a province, but doesn't mean the ghetto needs to have the same value.
    Multiple millions EACH from provinces in at least 4 kingdoms, concentrated on individual core provinces in those kingdoms.

--

Ghettos have a right to pretend that GC is meaningless and their robs don't do damage, that doesn't mean top KDs have to have the same value.

If you steal 80% of a core provs gold in a fight that is meant to be trained to -2ppa, you're completely ****ing that prov, and potentially ****ing the war.

If you take an aggressive action against someone, you don't get to decide how they retaliate.

If the ghettos think that gold is a meaningless sum, maybe they shouldn't be stealing it.

Some day ghettos will learn that raze mingains are what they are, and that top KDs with 25 provs that can quad raze them are nowhere near as vulnerable as they think.
    Last edited by Meep; 20-06-2017 at 13:36.

Guys, you oke the bear, you get raked. Nature follows this rule. We all follow this rule. Only place we may not is in a court of equity.

/me looks for a judge and a contract.

/me finds neither a judge nor a contract.

This does not look like a court of equity.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

I like to post
    Exactly because of the NW protections it is crucial for big KDs to protect their interests through fear. The KDs that are feared most will keep more gc than those that aren't feared. Basically a tag can function as well as WTs + CS in keeping thieves out.

I've sacrificed time and energy during the last few ages to make clear to people that this will happen if you mess with us. Sometimes you have to repeat the lessons a few times.

Postaholic
    Multiple millions EACH from provinces in at least 4 kingdoms, concentrated on individual core provinces in those kingdoms.

--

Ghettos have a right to pretend that GC is meaningless and their robs don't do damage, that doesn't mean top KDs have to have the same value.

If you steal 80% of a core provs gold in a fight that is meant to be trained to -2ppa, you're completely ****ing that prov, and potentially ****ing the war.

If you take an aggressive action against someone, you don't get to decide how they retaliate.

If the ghettos think that gold is a meaningless sum, maybe they shouldn't be stealing it.

Some day ghettos will learn that raze mingains are what they are, and that top KDs with 25 provs that can quad raze them are nowhere near as vulnerable as they think.
    I'm not advocating that raze shouldn't be allowed in war at all, it absolutely should. And yes deep stealing from a single province is grounds for retal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    Guys, you oke the bear, you get raked. Nature follows this rule. We all follow this rule. Only place we may not is in a court of equity.

/me looks for a judge and a contract.

/me finds neither a judge nor a contract.

This does not look like a court of equity.
    But this is the court of Bart
    "Because of the implication"

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by joeblogs View Post
    But this is the court of Bart

This has been part of my Sig btw for years now.

Forum Addict
    People seriously suggested making a deal with Bart?

LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by :p
    The chance of needing 20 NBs to cure the plague is c. 1/470 trillion.
    Your logic is non existent, You should read more than one post.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    And if you double tap a top TM while they're prepping for war, you're completely ****ing that province and potentially ****ing the war.

It's not like this seemingly small bit of negligence that cost people wars is some grave injustice that only exists at the top.

Postaholic
    I'm just glad we live in a world where everyone can f*** everyone, as long as you know where to stick it

I like to post
    Aye. Well main thing is that most KDs

1. Aren't good enough.
    2. Aren't determined enough.

This is the main reason I generally do not seek escalation with the likes of Steel/Korp because I know they can be determined and keep up a grudge for ages and ages and will keep going on no matter what. On the other side u have KDs like BB/Emeriti that are simply too good and have too many connections to mess with them.

Thread Information