Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Razing into an open war.

And we wonder why the player base keeps shrinking lol.

Soon the top 20 can play with themselves and circle jerk around all day growing.
    #unforgiven

I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat.
    - Winston Churchill

I like to post
    Yea the player-base shrinks because a KD that ****plays their war opponents by robbing limitless gc gets called out on it.

Update: We're going to step up razes now as this KD doesn't even seem to realize what they did wrong. Can't say that "stepping up" means much in my KD currently, but ah well we try!

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Squee311 View Post
    My claim was the governing body... which is the rule system in utopia govern the limitations of reactions w/o repercussions, Just as the system of laws in each country dictates the same thing. SO your real world scenario has its limitations to the real world which do not equate the game situation we are in.

You gave an extreme situation to account for an extreme situation. But let look towards Hammurabi in which you stole and your hand was cut off and if you decided to steal again and again you were killed. That scenario more along runs line with how the utopian rules are laid out.

its pretty simple steal if you feel lucky... don't cry when you get punished for it.
    Except that I wasn't talking about laws. It's illegal to mug people. Technically, it's illegal to assault the mugger (I'm sure you could get away with a self defense argument, but still).

Under the law (and ignoring it sometimes), there are social rules that people tend to follow. Rules that no "police" force. In that sense it's exactly like utopia. There are the rules and then there are the "rules".

There's nothing in the rules that says 4 kingdoms can't band together, farm out to each other and just rotate the crown to each of them every 4 ages. There's no rule that says a group of kingdoms can't raze into each other's wars to ensure their allies win. These things are however against the "rules" and violators will be actioned by the users (at least I would hope so)

I like to post
    Palem, Sparta is not some kind of government. Kingdoms function more like the mob.

If you're a criminal and steal from a rival gang that is more powerful than you, yes they will capture you, torture your family in front of you, rape them, force them to kill each other, then after starving you for a few days they'll let you eat your own family, only then they will kill you.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    An interesting take, but I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    Palem, Sparta is not some kind of government. Kingdoms function more like the mob.

If you're a criminal and steal from a rival gang that is more powerful than you, yes they will capture you, torture your family in front of you, rape them, force them to kill each other, then after starving you for a few days they'll let you eat your own family, only then they will kill you.
    Guess you never seen boondock saints!!
    #unforgiven

I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat.
    - Winston Churchill

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post

Its good you spend all your negative energy in Utopia not RL.
    Terrorist need to learn from you :P
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Except that I wasn't talking about laws. It's illegal to mug people. Technically, it's illegal to assault the mugger (I'm sure you could get away with a self defense argument, but still).

Under the law (and ignoring it sometimes), there are social rules that people tend to follow. Rules that no "police" force. In that sense it's exactly like utopia. There are the rules and then there are the "rules".

There's nothing in the rules that says 4 kingdoms can't band together, farm out to each other and just rotate the crown to each of them every 4 ages. There's no rule that says a group of kingdoms can't raze into each other's wars to ensure their allies win. These things are however against the "rules" and violators will be actioned by the users (at least I would hope so)
    Social laws are still predicated on the actual laws of the time and area. Its funny because utopia has always been self policing and things have been handled at the discretion of the kingdoms involved. So yes it may seem extreme but if Bart wants the rep of Steal my GC i will raze into your war that is his call and unless deemed suspendable by the ones in charge its a perfectly legit way to play. It then comes down to does the rest of the community feel this is a problem and both sides see the other side as an issue. The thing here is the top realizes the actions screw wars over on both sides... the people complaining about getting razed seem to not realize that their actions affect wars.

So until something is written or stated that this is not ok... it is fair play.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Where's it written that you can't power play for war wins?

No one is going to cry for 7:7. Bringing anything like this to the forums is useless unless a kingdom has the power or connections to follow through on threats. 2:2 won't ever be in a position where anyone below can RK them, so unless the top wants to RK bart, this thread is really just people typing at each other on the internet. Make it 1000 pages, it will be all hot air.
    "Because of the implication"

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakenDomes View Post
    And we wonder why the player base keeps shrinking lol.

Soon the top 20 can play with themselves and circle jerk around all day growing.
    Well, this thread did inspire me to create a halfling/rogue so there's that..
    Quote Originally Posted by :p
    The chance of needing 20 NBs to cure the plague is c. 1/470 trillion.
    Your logic is non existent, You should read more than one post.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by joeblogs View Post
    No one is going to cry for 7:7. Bringing anything like this to the forums is useless unless a kingdom has the power or connections to follow through on threats. 2:2 won't ever be in a position where anyone below can RK them, so unless the top wants to RK bart, this thread is really just people typing at each other on the internet. Make it 1000 pages, it will be all hot air.
    Ye have little faith in the power of an angry ghetto monarch lol

Veteran
    Barts tactics are extreme, but he gave them a fair warning so imo he has the right to respond in which way he thinks is fair. I think the developpers are the ones that are really responsible for this situation. By making topfeeding more viable, the smaller kingdoms can shape the charts with one sided gc robbing. Everyone who has been part of a land chart kd knows that wars can be decided in the prewar pump. With easier ops and less topfeed penalty the developpers support unfair wars in the top (onesided gc advantage) and in the bottom (last minute one sided war funding). I think the topfeed and eadier ops mechanics are nice but should be limited to hostile / war.
    Last edited by Humanoize; 21-06-2017 at 00:37.
    My former contribution to a kingdom known by many names
    [ Palindromes - Stuck inside my head - Dinner is Served - Doom & Bloom Seed Co. - Foxtonomy - First Impressions ]

=^..^= SPGC !! =^..^=
    It is I the Three Musketeers, Alpacahontas, Appetitical ManiaC, Twerk it Harder Make it Better

"\*.Pyromaniacs.*/"

Veteran
    @mystyka: You know that it is time to stop posting when you play the calimero card. As for your reasoning, either you re trolling us all or you re thick as ****.
    Last edited by Humanoize; 21-06-2017 at 00:43.
    My former contribution to a kingdom known by many names
    [ Palindromes - Stuck inside my head - Dinner is Served - Doom & Bloom Seed Co. - Foxtonomy - First Impressions ]

=^..^= SPGC !! =^..^=
    It is I the Three Musketeers, Alpacahontas, Appetitical ManiaC, Twerk it Harder Make it Better

"\*.Pyromaniacs.*/"

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyB View Post
    Well, this thread did inspire me to create a halfling/rogue so there's that..
    A flower in the desert.

@Diplomacy virgins: jump in. You might even get help if you ask.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGk9G7I2igw
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information