Thread: Scientist Networth

Enthusiast

Scientist Networth

I am trying to calculate the networth of the scientist based on:

http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.php?title=Networth

1/2.6 * ticks of experience (professors capped at 72 after they level)

Anyone having an idea how that has to be calculated?
    You cannot see how many hours a scientist has been reading book..

Any idea?

Strategy Moderator
    i had it determined at one point....dont still have the math. Take a prof thats been a prof for a while and switch it to a novice. (write down your pre switch nw, and then your post switch nw...it wont show -XXX gc like when u train) the loss of nw you take will be the nw that prof had. then do the same with someone whose like mid-graduate where u know how many hours it has. the nw/hour should be easy to calculate from 2 data points since nw is gained linearly by hours of experience.

Enthusiast
    yeah... but it will never really be accurate I guess..

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    i had it determined at one point....dont still have the math. Take a prof thats been a prof for a while and switch it to a novice. (write down your pre switch nw, and then your post switch nw...it wont show -XXX gc like when u train) the loss of nw you take will be the nw that prof had. then do the same with someone whose like mid-graduate where u know how many hours it has. the nw/hour should be easy to calculate from 2 data points since nw is gained linearly by hours of experience.
    drop them all to recruit, 2 hours later drop all but one back to recruit.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

munk has "total hours" listed on science page doesnt it? aks him!

is it possible all the other NW is worked out first, then the total hours is reverse engineered? (total NW - [calc'd NW excluding science]) / 2.6 = Total# Scientist Hours

You can work out the individual age of all the non-professors, determining the exact value of each professor would be guesswork, though i think. but in this way you would be able to remove the Age of all non-professors from the Total Hours, and get the total Professors hours.

Enthusiast
    You have wizards and science you need to calc... so two factors that you do not really know..

So I cannot see how dropping professors will help really.. since you do not know about the wizards either..

NOTE: I am not talking about self-intel

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkmoore View Post
    You have wizards and science you need to calc... so two factors that you do not really know..

So I cannot see how dropping professors will help really.. since you do not know about the wizards either..

ahh my mistake. our bot uses this code

if (effectFactor == 1) {
    //Guessing about halfway to graduate so 78 nw per scientist.
    nw -= sos.getBooksForScienceType(scienceType) * 93.6;
    } else if (effectFactor <= 1.5) {
    //If we're somewhere between graduate and novice, we use an average nw value per effect based upon grads
    nw -= sos.getBooksForScienceType(scienceType) * effectFactor / 1.5 / 187;
    } else if (effectFactor > 1.5 && effectFactor < 2) {
    //If we're above graduate, we use an average nw value per effect based upon profs
    nw -= sos.getBooksForScienceType(scienceType) * effectFactor / 1.75 / 325;
    } else if (effectFactor == 2) {
    //If we're above graduate, we use an average nw value per effect based upon profs
    nw -= sos.getBooksForScienceType(scienceType) * effectFactor / 2 / 436.8;
    } else nw -= 20 + utoYear * 5 * 180;

last time i compared the wpa estimate to full intell based on pop counts it was off by <0.05 wpa

Edit...fyi credits go to Frylock for writing that code
    Last edited by Persain; 21-06-2017 at 19:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmoore View Post

You can turn off wizards though, so it won't affect nw at tick.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Enthusiast
    Bishop: It is not a problem to figure this out on your own province or those which post intel... The problem is calculation the foe... since you have two somewhat unknown factors.. WPA and science

Well, you can out a min/ max on sci and calc wizards,from there? You can also calc wizards with AW.

Thread Information