Thread: Intel storage

Veteran

Intel storage

Storing intel is a battle. I've been recommended one free program that doesn't work, and being ignored when trying to set up another. Good money being offered to use it. I'd be down for intel storage as a premium feature. I prefer a format similar to excel. I'd imagine that the dev's could produce a macro that would work and be available ingame. $20 USD per age should be plenty fair. Thats less then 1 USD per province, per KD, per age.
    Long live Mehul!

Forum Fanatic
    And more people would quit the game as it becomes more and more pay to play. Find a teenager, show them upoopo and ask them to set it up for your phone like everyone else does. It works. Just because your having issues doing it yourself does not mean it doesnt work.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyguy View Post
    Storing intel is a battle. I've been recommended one free program that doesn't work, and being ignored when trying to set up another. Good money being offered to use it. I'd be down for intel storage as a premium feature. I prefer a format similar to excel. I'd imagine that the dev's could produce a macro that would work and be available ingame. $20 USD per age should be plenty fair. Thats less then 1 USD per province, per KD, per age.
    It's something that provides a clear ingame benefit and thus it would be p2w! So no, under no circumstance should paid intel storage ever be implemented regardless of whether it's $1 per prov per age, $0.02 per prov per age, or $500 per prov per age.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

How can it be a benefit over people using munkbot? Which is free of charge? And most likely munkbot still superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    How can it be a benefit over people using munkbot? Which is free of charge? And most likely munkbot still superior.
    Munkbot isn't the default option.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    Munkbot isn't the default option.
    So what you are saying that even though there is much more superior tools that people will use rather than over the intelstorage that is suggested it would still be pay to win? .. Pay 2 win would imply that you would get a EDGE over someone that isnt using it. Which you dont.

So what you are saying that even though there is much more superior tools that people will use rather than over the intelstorage that is suggested it would still be pay to win? .. Pay 2 win would imply that you would get a EDGE over someone that isnt using it. Which you dont.
    Technically you would... Over someone who doesn't use anything. It's not pay 2 win if the same or better features are offered via free and paid 3rd party apps.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Pay to anything, you will just kill the game.
    Hey! I still have an Oar from my boats, from age 4

Veteran
    I've been too the munkbot page 1,000 times. I've never found anything even remotely resembling intel storage. When I post about it, I just get a smug little smart @$$ link to the same site http://umunk.net . There is no intel storage there. There is navigate to (does nothing) home (the link page) target finder (useful but not intel storage or sorting), forums (Fatal: ./cache/ is NOT writable.) , Sim (useful, but again, NOT INTEL STORAGE), contact (gives you an IRC channel to visit), and Utopia (links to the lobby of utopia-game.

None of this is intel storage. I know that it exists, because I've been in KD's that use it. I know that it's impossible to beat KD's that use it, I already know that people pay for it in Donations, and I think ot should be made available to everyone, so that the game is fair, but it's not available to everyone, or I wouldn't be in here saying that I can't access it. Utopia-game.com should have their own version of it, available to everyone. You cant say that stinger and munkbot are available to everyone, because they are not available to me. I've even stated I'm willing to pay a small token fee to use them. Easy enough to just say hey! Go here! And post a link that doesn't work, or refer someone to be ignored on IRC.
    Long live Mehul!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder TA View Post
    And more people would quit the game as it becomes more and more pay to play. Find a teenager, show them upoopo and ask them to set it up for your phone like everyone else does. It works. Just because your having issues doing it yourself does not mean it doesnt work.
    Ok bro. Sure. Its because I just dont know how to work my phone. Sorry, doesn't work for me. I realize that you don't know anything about me so im going to try not to take that personal. Upoopu doesn't work, and the webmaster doesn't reply to the issues posted on bit bucket.
    Long live Mehul!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    It's something that provides a clear ingame benefit and thus it would be p2w! So no, under no circumstance should paid intel storage ever be implemented regardless of whether it's $1 per prov per age, $0.02 per prov per age, or $500 per prov per age.
    Utopia is already fixed if intel storage isn't available to everyone. It isn't being made available for my KD. So maybe we're a bunch of jerks. Does that give someone a right to not let us use the intel storage sites because they don't like us?
    Long live Mehul!

The existance of 3rd party tools has no bearing on whether an option would be p2w or not. The only thing that matters is if paying for a feature gives you an advantage over somebody who is playing the game as it's delivered by default(ie without 3rd party tools or premium status)

Utopia is already fixed if intel storage isn't available to everyone.
    ingame intel storage isn't available to anybody, what you choose to do with 3rd party sites is completely up to you and has no bearing on whether utopia is "fixed" or not.

It isn't being made available for my KD.
    My kingdom doesn't have access to ingame intel storage either, nor does any other kingdom in the game afaik.
    What people choose to do with 3rd party sites is completely up to them and also irrelevant for this discussion imo.

So maybe we're a bunch of jerks. Does that give someone a right to not let us use the intel storage sites because they don't like us?
    Whether the operator of a 3rd party chooses to refuse you service is between you and them, and nobody else. And yes of course they have the right to refuse service to you should they choose to.
    Last edited by Elldallan; 27-06-2017 at 17:44.

Administrator
    Improving the intel storage capabilities of the game is on our list of improvements planned. This would currently be planned as a baseline improvement, not something that would be charged for access to.

It likely will not wind up as sophisticated as many of the third party tools.

If you have a tech savvy person in the kingdom, LucidBot is a designer roll-your-own intel storage bot which has a supporting ecosystem of a website and browser addons - but you do have to host and operate it yourself.

Forum Fanatic
    Ok bro. Sure. Its because I just dont know how to work my phone. Sorry, doesn't work for me. I realize that you don't know anything about me so im going to try not to take that personal. Upoopu doesn't work, and the webmaster doesn't reply to the issues posted on bit bucket.
    Actually HE HAS been replying to you in the other thread you started about pimp and HAS been trying to help you with links and explanations how to use it. Again its not upoopo thats not working.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Thread Information