Thread: The Future of Utopia

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Future of Utopia

Hello, old King null here (I know nobody remembers me, I still present myself like that).

I did quit Utopia like 7 years ago. Now this age I got invite from friend and I play again, I'm not sure, for how long.. this age only or couple of more.

Why did I quit?
    I always wanted to play as monarch. I ruled noob kingdoms, gave my best to get boys (and girls) warwins. Was lot of fun and manymany nights no sleep, had to micromanage a lot - orders, thinking and so on, that how to force opponents to withdraw. How to teach those noobs up. Lot of hard work....
    I made even tutorials for pimp and angel... really nuts. :D
    At one point I got tired.. I felt it takes too much from me.

Now:
    I see only 166 Kingdoms left, soon 165 .. I see one Kingdom had 3 memebers, now there 2. Soon 1.. and then its 165.
    Slowly Utopia is dieing out from players.

So why it happens?
    I can tell you: there are two types of players:
    1) advanced, active, dedicated, "no-lifers" (kidding)
    2) just for fun, not so active, noobs, "real-lifers".

It happens with every site - a portion of people in community start to dominate there game, site or what so ever - and the people who take it more easy, find, its not so fun anymore. Or worst: they dont have even chance to learn the fun.

The problem with Utopia is --- when people come to play it, they need to know so much at once, to stay alive, must log-in a lot, to not be plundered and so on, you understand me, I know.
    Also they have to understand, if want to get in game to somewhere, must sacrifice life.

Is the game ment to control life? I dont think so.

I really suggest you to start another server --- for the group 2 -- for noobs and those, who get it more easy.

Maybe give there 2-3-4-6 times longer turns? More gold (and runes)? A bit smaller Kingdoms?
    *** 2-3-4-6 times longer turns = less problems - less late, less ops, less attacked by --- that rule would keep those "elites" stay away from server - since elites want fast action.
    *** More gold (and runes) = more to build, more to plunder, more fun, gold is fun.
    *** Smaller Kingdoms = Can build up active core better, I remember times, I just joined some random noob kingdoms.. I accepted the challenge. Sometimes I had to waste many ages to clean up the place over and over and over - I have somewhere screenshots saved.. i striped out the killed provinces, there were left like half.
    On other hand.. smaller kingdoms are then again bad, when half of KD goes inactive. So maybe balance it after 1-2 weeks inactivity with auto-collapsings?

Why Kingdoms ahve to kill out joined players? Why game is made so, that must elimiate players from game and then at one point we find, there are not enough players anymore?
    It is because top is dictating the evolution of game.

7 years ago.. people joined game.. they got interest.. but they didnt take game so serious.. game.. and they got PKed.. when they remember, ah, i registered to game and so on... they log in.. some find, they are PK-ed... some find so much whine in mail, they dont bother to read the messages even.. their head starts to hurt. And they log out again.

Im now 31 years old.. I played utopia since when i was like 16? Mehul was around and so on.. Green, red, blue servers.
    Now Im more mature and understand more the Internet and games and much more.. the psychology..

About 7 years ago i had thoughts, i want to buy this game myself, to get it fair and fun again.. but had no money and i just did quit.. i had thoughts, what are the problems here.. why people quit and how to fix that all..

The problem is, yes --- top kingdoms and top warring kingdoms - make game very fast, lot of pressure and so on. Everything must be very accurate and on time.
    We cant get much new players like that.. + those, who are here already, they want rest too.. and like that the community dries out.

"Noob-KD-s" want to play same like top-KD-s .
    It is all so wrong.. Since newcommers potentionally join the ghettos. What ghettos do, when people join game and they are not giving max? They kill them out. Because - that is the era of Utopia, now.. must have strong order or get the f out. The "bottom" should actually have more chilling game - take it more easy. That aah, was ianctive 2 days, alright. good you still came back! --- that kind of attitude.. or 4-5 fays was away.. glad you are back!

Time is the keyword. We need to see the bigger picture, to understand the youth. Many play - League of Legends - for example, even i have there account. I just play it like couple of games in week or even rarely, last time i played 2 weeks ago.
    Im active there, I still have skills with my champs. And nobody kills me out from game because i log in less that those, who are in Diamonds n stuff. I even dont stress about that if im only in silver 1 (i play mostly only one champ, lol .. Zilean.)

Please think about another server for people, who want game more easy.. where less pressure.. make it fair.. and all active and pro players, who want to dominate hard - please stay away there, OK?

You need to understand, there has to be another area, where newcommers can get their ABC and when they feel they need some more excitement, they can join the hardcore server. Noobs and chillers need the plunders and more less active kingdoms for fun - so they dont get punished + that there are actually provs with 3 mils and so on - it is so happy to find random province which has so much gold on it.. if there are so few players left in game.. everybody seek the gold, everybody plunder/steal, everybody run over the same provinces over and over. There actually is need for server where it is OK that there are inactives around. I dont know how to express it. But I beleive many of us remember the old times, where every noob was able to find good plunders and didnt get any retals because of that.. or when got retals, it was like 2-3 attacks -- not more - because the retalers just were not so hardcore themselves.. hmm.. Anyways, yes - another server has to be noobfriendly and active veterans should stay away from there with pro-gamestyle, to give group 2 more space for their dream-world.

15 years ago -- there was 100k players. (random numbers)
    Now we have Internet everywhere, smartphones n stuff --- the vision should be that game carries millions of players... Imagine.. millions of players.. huhuhuhuuh (its an utopia)

Utopia is great game, unique, we should work together to get this place crowded a lot. Ofcourse we cant call people to game, if it has hardcore demands. You know, I would feel like im criminal, if i call anybody here to play and the player sees it has so many demands - they just try and log out, cause they think this game is for geeks only (for nolifers)..
    People are very busy and so on - game can be entertaining, if it would be more noobfriendly or when players have more time for their life.

24 hours in a day. Currently ticks are after every 1 hour..
    24 is interesting number.. Ticks can be 1 2 3 4 6 12 and 24.
    1 is too fast for "group 2", definetly. 12 and 24 are too slow.
    2-3 = 12 or 8 ticks in a day = can attack once in a day. Then its more like "you need to be active in game".
    4 is bad to follow in clock.

6? Then it would be 4 ticks in a day. One attack is like 2-3 reallife days then. I think.. that is not so slow, actually. Game has just other dimensions...... Then the game point is not to war a lot.
    6 I personally like most. intra-KD attacks should be faster, obviously, if there are problems in Kingdom, the removing has to be somehow faster. But not that fast, that "chilling provinces" miss the killing - you know, there can be bad rulers too, who just go nuts and start to build elite-KD-s in "noob-server".

Lets call it better : Time-friendly server.
    Because i dont believe those inactives and "noobs" are stupid people --- they just cant keep with all those demands up.. need more time to learn the fun.

Thanks,

Teno
    Last edited by null; 22-06-2017 at 02:35.

Thread Information