Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Future of Utopia

Thanks for your ideas and thoughts, I get to you back later.

I logged in now to say..

I told earlier slower game should have smaller KD-s. That was bad idea - should do opposite, instead - have bigger Kingdoms there, like 40-50-60-75-100 members max.
    Because game is slower, people log in less, cause they know there are liek 6h turns - for example - and attacks are slower and so on. To get excitement, more to the game, there should be some activity in kingdom - talks, chats, what so ever, if more people, then it goes more democratic game and depends more about mass oppinion, not too monarchic - because to take it with logics, one monarch cant micromanage alone whole kingdom then. Also can get faster battle-activity to contra, if needed. Monarchy is right rule, but you know - in big KD there must be really some generals extra to get things done, cause in bigger KD more people move around, change their kingdoms, defect - and to remember all 99 members who and what they are.. it goes harder.

And no recruits or invites, all joins random, with old rules, collapses of provinces maybe in 2 weeks?
    Last edited by null; 23-06-2017 at 22:18.

Hey Null,
    I hear what you are saying. Bigger KDs equals less need by a single prov to have to log in every day. I think there is good and bad to that idea. Currently, max is 25 players in a KD. I think most monarchs have a hard time even with that many. with that said, monarchs (even in top 20 KDs) get burnt out unless they have some kind of leadership team that evens the load during wars. (takes over game plan duties while monarch gets some sleep). If you have a single monarch in a noob KD of 40, dont you think that it will make it even more harder for one monarch? Remember these are "new" players. Most dont even want to lead, let alone be the monarch. They are still trying to figure out the game! IMHO, that will just scare any potential leader away.

Imagine a 40 player KD and no monarch. eeek!

Anyway, I truly believe that the game needs a separate introductory new player entry program. where they advanced by learning their prov, then advance to a BOT KD. That BOT KD, once it matures and advances, then migrates to WoL as a new KD (goes Live so to speak) at start of a new age. This way they are not going in blind, have a grasp of the game mechanics and can hold their own.
    Last edited by Savage; 24-06-2017 at 06:50.

Post Fiend
    The future of Utopia seems set and certain as the old saying around here goes - "old players return."

The concept of the game is grand and the new people in charge seem to have done wonders.
    Live long and prosper

Man Moon, I think you're looking at the game thru Rose colored glasses.
    The game may never reach the player levels of long ago. Currently, there are 166 KDs (something like 3300 players?). As Null has said, it slowly is dwindling.
    The current owner(s) have the game on the right track and kudos to them for making long needed changes. But, the game, as far as ease of play hasn't changed and more changes are needed. I have faith in the new owners and I know this cant all get fixed over night. It'll take years.

Its still a very complicated game to learn for new players and monarchs. New players still feel the frustration of trying to grow while continually getting barraged by bigger provs and not having a KD monarch knowing what to do. They give up and never come back.
    Whats going to happen when the "old players" start dropping off? That 166 KD will dive under 100.
    Everyone wants new life into the game. New Blood. The more KDs there are, the more thrilling the game is and the more it will thrive. Right now, we have almost the same top 20 KDs, age after age. I'm sure they wish there was more competition.

What has to change:
    1) Need a new player introduction period where there is no war, no attacking. Is them just learning their prov and the game mechanics for their prov. (how? I dunno? Veteran player videos? Dev tutorials? I dunno)
    2) They then after hitting several goals/milestones/achievements - whatever gets them to a much better "Prov Understanding". Once that is achieved see #3
    3) They get put into a KD (non-WoL), with BOTs (if needed, including Monarch, to make a full KD. As other players join, number of BOTs reduces) and other players who may have achieved "Prov Understanding". Here they learn to interact as KD mates, can have fake wars which last 1 or 2 waves. Then they get evaluated. Eventually they elect a real player monarch. I feel that monarch should have a "Monarch Question Box" where they ask questions. Those questions goes to real WoL Monarchs who have agreed to answer new player monarch questions. Only real WoL monarchs would see and able to reply. This is how we can grow new monarchs.
    4) Once the KD has reached specific goals/Achievements (aka 22 Real Palyers), they become "Active". They can war other "active" KDs where losses are greatly reduced so recovery is easier. Perhaps more income? I'm sure there are 100s of ways to do this.
    5) Once the WoL age ends. The Active New KD get placed or migrated into WoL at start of new age as a new WoL KD. The Active KD before new age starts, would see or should see a count down to new age so they know when its coming. Adds to the excitement.

Of course, these are just my ideas and thoughts and it may not even be possible the way Utopia is set up. But, none the less, the game needs something along these lines to draw/attract new players and to make WoL healthy again.

Also, something has to be done about bigger KDs/Provs hitting into smaller KDs/Provs. There needs to be much bigger penalties to do so. Like for instance. A 445K NW Orc Abducts into a 120K Elf. That Orc should have HUGE losses and other penalties. There should be a "Huge NW Factor" where the bigger NW prov/KDs acquire costly timed penalties. Like this: The Utopian Gods look upon Provname Orc is disgust for trashing a smaller foe, Meteor Showers and Drought will reign on ProvName Orc for 12 days in addition the Gods send a lighting bolt incinerating xxx runes (i say 50%). Of course the penalty could and would need to be different for different races.

Just my thoughts to help combat new palyers getting beat up by bigger provs.

If a bigger KD "waves" into a smaller one for Plunders and Abducts, then the monarch should incur huge losses of acres and resources. That would curtail that. Doesnt mean you cant wave a smaller KD, there needs to be heftier consequences for doing so.
    Last edited by Savage; 26-06-2017 at 03:43.
    Hey! I still have an Oar from my boats, from age 4

Post Fiend
    Savage ... i have played off and on since the days of mehul and morale ... i am commenting on the addictive qualities to hardcore players ...

PS Emeriti are chicken and surrendered to me last time i played this game...
    Live long and prosper

BOT-s are not the spirit of the game. Newcommers maybe get it wrong then......

If 2 servers, other slower, then bigger KD-s are better - since loggings are less usual and to get more chats and activity, need more people.
    If Monarch want to micromanage -- he has more time to order and keep eye on stuff.
    But i imagine bigger KD-s have different hierarchy, like in old days, guilds and stuff (in ghettos).

But if Kingdom has 50 provinces, formulas need definetly rework then.. since i dont know.. if 50 provinces of opponents wave one province.. what happens then........ :D big hell.

I did forget this topic.. had to login for other story.. good to see, there is now 3588 players in utopia.. last time was 3513

This game developing and to give ideas and think together... with this is always one problem too -- if ideas are out, then want to see someone discussing here, who has the power to develop the game.. we are little guys, with our fantasies.. if no Powermen with us, it all stays as cool story and it dies out........... like call to the wind or how is that saying..

for example -- i just thought, ah what the hell, why i worry about this game, they dont do anything, why should i waste my time to try help them, if ideas are ignored.. i understand new server costs money and is risky.. but yeah.. the key "we have here 3500 players.. why not 3 million?" ... they should get their ears moved and take attention, if some ppl have these thoughts in mind.. that maybe they are talking something generous, which really might help game grow with boost x100 x 1000 ...

I think this thread has a good purpose. We can throw out all kinds of ideas. Most of us have no clue how easy or how hard it would be to make any of it happen.
    But what is good is perhaps the new owners and developers read this thread and can capture different thoughts from different pieces that may breed new ideas in their minds. We'll never get the credit but if it helps move the game forward, heh, that is good, yes?

I think the new owners are on the right path. Takes time to iron out the wrinkles and implement new ideas. Perhaps the fan base will slowly return.

One idea I saw from another thread is to have something in place ( who knows what ) that fast tracks leaders (monarchs). A successful monarch is tough to come by. So many nuances to the art of war. Its very defeating to lose over and over.

A larger player database affords more options to the game the Devs can make. So "baby step #1" is to start to grow the player base. Once that is achieved, other ideas and dynamics can happen.
    Hey! I still have an Oar from my boats, from age 4

Administrator
    I didn't have time to read the entire thread but I did read a lot of it and I very much appreciate the enthusiasm and passion for helping the game move on a positive path forward.

I encourage any others that are reading that have ideas to express them so they can be heard. We do hope to implement some of quite a few of the ideas that have been mentioned here. Certain concepts are easier to implement to begin forging the path toward the end goal. With the limitations we have we always strive to not only make the game enjoyable for those playing it NOW but to ensure what we're doing will have a long term positive effect at the same time. Of course not everything works as planned but we do feel comfortable that we are very close to being in a position where we can actively market the game to new users. Our goal was to reach that point before the end of this current age 72 and we are on target.

Some of the ideas presented in this thread have come up elsewhere as well. We do take notes of the ideas we believe have merit and will work on implementing them.

Welcome back null, it's always nice to see returning players with your passion :)
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Thread Information