Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tax for declining war offer. Help?

Post Demon
    If you do not want to give land at all because that would be bending over to demands, tell them your intentions then buy the meter and hit back with razes on their t/m's and ambushes on high off attackers, do so to mitigate land away from the provinces they want it on, and to destroy acres while at the same time dammage their military the most, use pitfalls, bribe generals and use smite to your advantage. If you are arround the same size for that other kingdom to start a conflict where you will dig in and hit back this way is hardly worth it.

You could also give the land to someone else who you would rather want to give it to.

But as many mentioned warring might be an option, there is some mid size kingdoms arround out there with 25 provinces that really only have the numerical advantage, but are not particulairily good and may lose to a 22 man kingdom at times.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    A third possible option is to ask a friendly KD bigger than the KD that'll wave you to wave that KD as soon as they wave you. You play the meter and cover ops while they get hit down by your friends. Then you declare once you can beat them.
    You're just guessing since you wouldn't be this lame yourself, right? ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by :p
    The chance of needing 20 NBs to cure the plague is c. 1/470 trillion.
    Your logic is non existent, You should read more than one post.

Regular
    ill help you mate . PM me

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyB View Post
    You're just guessing since you wouldn't be this lame yourself, right? ;D
    When you put it that way Bart remind me of Green Acres Mr. Haney :D

It's ok Bart, it comes from love!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Being taxed sucks but when you get near the top this kind of thing occurs. You need to negotiate properly here before calling in outside help etc or flying off the handle. They're probably just trying to pull you into a fight. Just engage in good diplo. Most kds are open to this and will back down if you can offer them something.
    "Because of the implication"

Post Fiend
    At least they are nice enough to give you enough notice before the real thing. This age is kinda boring with the extreme changes to gameplay. Would be good if you can pull in enough kingdoms to interfere so we can see a big alliance war. Am sure the other kd has allies too. Rawr!

If U R nice and negotiate maybe they will settle for 2K acres and a little red wagon?

Post Fiend
    Thanks for all the feedback. Won't say too much else here about this but do appreciate the comments and the help offers.

If they were a whoring KD then threatening to raze or delaying them might be worthwhile, but at 35k acres I don't think that's their game plan. I just gotta restructure it as being waved by a bigger KD which is something that happens all the time. It being formalised and having to agree to give in is what makes it galling, but thems the breaks.

As for them being nice, we're both in fort so is more a necessity thing than a kindness ;).

Needs to get out more
    It's you and your kingdoms decision. Land dropping can be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on perspective.

The reason I'm running around in a tiny kingdom is because the challenge far surpasses the ability to invoke my will. I can't possibly be a threat but almost can't back down. And it's not for rebellion: I'm deeply interested in the m.o. of high order kingdoms. Whenever I'm in a kingdom that gets pushed by a good one I want to see them in action. Sadly, most of them curl up.

I'm terrible at math so learning by instruction is difficult. For me, the best way is to see a great kingdom in strife. I'm the known quantity and I want to see what they do, how they do things. I can anticipate part of a kingdoms style based in logistics, but it's to experience the conflict that matters. The resources(honor, science, rank, etc) aren't important to me, just peripheral shine.

It's not to say what one kingdom does is good or bad. At the end of it, all that matters is that you're content with the outcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

pay up.
    -- Freedom Valley - Cartoon Networth - Harsh Cheeses - HaLL of FORCE - The Fantastic Trollfags - Polar Bears - Simians - Pew Pew - RoO - Mango Unchained - RoO

Thread Information