Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Emeriti

Forum Fanatic
    You can think whatever you want but reason we chose to LD was because key members of leadership aren't going to be around for our conflicts and people want a rest after playing competitively for 4 ages and having B2B 10 and 12 day wars. You told me you had quit for years after you had a 7 day war, well our time in war was a multiple of the war that made you quit. Had we given you anything, we'd still need to deal with other kingdoms and again with LS out why would we want to put that kinda strain and pressure on people. Would we give land to every single top kd for the right to not play utopia competitively for 4 weeks? Why on earth would we do that. And the last point was, why would we want to give BB, the only kd we have bad relations with in this game any land after they screwed us last age. Had we had cfs with everyone til already on the books then we could have coasted while people were out; however thats not the case. BB had the opportunity to war last age instead of going to Vegas or mod could have ran the war since he wasn't going to Vegas but you guys didn't want to do that. Some of our LS is going to be out of the country 2.5+ weeks longer than you spent in Vegas so how about that.

Also Bb is the only one QQing here and the same people that always troll (Korp, Mike, Sheister, etc.) I don't see anyone from Sleepy, WSK, Divinity, The Mango, etc complaining or talking smack. That alone invalidates the whole argument you made. Had your points being so "universal" and "logical" all could see their indisputable merit and come here to agree with you.

Our claim to being the best candidate for crowning last age was the fact that we took over 50k acres of land against the will of the second kd best able to crown that age, BB. When it came to war, BB had the opportunity to win but failed to do so and instead was down 37k acres of land and millions of NW. At the start of the war, Emeriti was #1 and BB was #2 in land, at EOA Emeriti was #2 due to Barcolo gaining a lot of land OOW but BB was #4 land. War is the time for you to defend your acres against other kds. If you failed to defend your acres and take your opponent's acres, you have 0% chance to crown. Also don't forget that BB with #gametheory made their cf expire with us at the same time as WSK last age and leading up to Y3 used #gametheory to tell us that they were going to fight us at cf expiration. When Emeriti noticed Bb at cf expiration Bb said they did not want to fight and took the easier conflict with another kd. It was at that point in the age BB has 0% chance to crown before any hits were exchanged. The great Bb should have noticed us at Y3 at cf expiration and owned us as you claim but instead chose an easier conflict with WSK where BB had multiple advantages going in. Why not just beat your #1 competitor early age and lock up the age win right then there eh?

You say we take things too seriously but yet you make posts like this in another post talking about "20 years of greatness" and taking down to others. Hope you spent your bday in a better place than being drunk on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    There's a reason me and ASF try to remind eachother who picked the setup of the winning ages when we talk
    To eachother, it's mainly because we're in competition of what the best 3 players of the games history with eachother and I imagine Sid. We happily disregard the proteus's and binars of the world as interchangable and irrelevant as you are. You're willing to spend your effort trying to convince people his knowledge makes you good. fantastic. pathetic, but great for him. I've never pulled that off, I'd love to. It's what I'm most envious about, personally.

That's why it's equally hilarious when a you or binar type try to get an ego when talking to me about ego. No offense, you both are just on a different level and neither of you have accomplished anything outside of him making you
    Do the grunt work. If you want my recognition, do it out of his shadow, as 90% of the age is based on setups and we make sure to tell eachother when we picked a setup that works and we also tend to make sure we
    Tell eachother when we have nothing to do with it. We've been competing for damn near 20 years.

Your entire history as a player has been marred by absolute failure and dysfunction until you got to rage. Do something impressive somewhere else if you want respect.
    Last edited by Proteus; 27-06-2017 at 14:47.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    One does not simply put off his mod hat then claim he has to put it on again. One keeps the mod hat in place at every and all times.

Palem,

Is proteus calling me a troll in keeping with the rules? I mean, I am hurt and all that, but is it legal?
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Legal? I guess if you could prove you suffered losses you could use for defamation lol. Forum rules are not laws ya fruit loop dingus :p

My take on people calling others trolls and being against the rules is that if it's just some light name calling, meh. You need to start getting really aggressive and just completely trolling yourself before I start caring.

hmmmm, he has done it a few times....

and it really really really makes me sad.

watch

:(

see. I made a sad face.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    hmmmm, he has done it a few times....

and it really really really makes me sad.

watch

:(

see. I made a sad face.
    It's legal like Shaq use to get fouled/not fouled. You're a forum giant so anytime it really hurts you'll be accused of flopping.

I think I'd make a good mod, flopper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    It's legal like Shaq use to get fouled/not fouled. You're a forum giant so anytime it really hurts you'll be accused of flopping.

I think I'd make a good mod, flopper.
    I feel like I just got pile-driven by the forum Andre the Giant.

Post Fiend
    gg easy crown last age. *triple crown

Forum Fanatic
    Palem,

Is proteus calling me a troll in keeping with the rules? I mean, I am hurt and all that, but is it legal?
    If you don't want to be called a troll maybe you should stop trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    If you don't want to be called a troll maybe you should stop trolling
    That is completely unfair. I was asking Palem a question. You can but out of our private conversation.

Palem! Did you see him attack me?

Forum Addict
    That is completely unfair. I was asking Palem a question. You can but out of our private conversation.

Palem! Did you see him attack me?
    What can Don Proteus do? He has to attack you here, he cant attack when his province is in protection

booooo I can't post GIF's anymore

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Yes you can. Some gifs just don't play nice with these forums for some reason

Needs to get out more
    I reset to orc mystic 2 ages ago after a successful run at human cleric. They all work just fine.

I reset because my queen wanted me to land drop, which is against my religion. Since the need for a land drop after a month long war seemed to equal success I decided the ergo decision was to reset to a combination no other player chose that age. Orc mystic runs just fine.

So all this talk about greatness is fine, but I'm not great and the builds are usable right up to the worst imaginable.
    Without attacking unprovoked, without redisrtibution of scientists, without retaliating kingdoms that were worse off than ours, with a new build 2/3rds of the age in. That's how.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

I like to post
    Flogger, there is sentence: Give the fool power and watch his turn!

If you want to say Emeriti: "they suck" just say it no need so much explain :)
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Thread Information