Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Best War Planners

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    Spartans got way more WWs than that during the ages we were warring tier. 9/11 was our best record.
    I'd take that record with a pinch of salt. It's well known how you used moles within KDs to hand button to your KD so that you could declare on an unsuspecting KD :)

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrinky View Post
    I'd take that record with a pinch of salt. It's well known how you used moles within KDs to hand button to your KD so that you could declare on an unsuspecting KD :)
    oh really? How about you give some facts then?

Sounds like some pretty brilliant war planning to me!
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

You got deleted for it? Proof enough. You know it we know it.

Enthusiast
    Fact is my own experience with you and your Ancient Spartans KD. I, unlike other people, chose not to spread it all over the forums or all over IRC.

Needs to get out more
    Moles and all. My history sense is tingling. We will have a GOAT argument. Prepare yourselves...

I'm an advocate for only looking at kingdom pages after declare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Fiend
    Kotty in Settlers is fantastic. He can pump out war after war and always pull out solid and diverse strategies that are effective against most KDs. He's gutsy enough to war at a disadvantage.

He's probably not well known because he doesn't dip into the forum drama.

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by dsqrd View Post
    Kotty in Settlers is fantastic. He can pump out war after war and always pull out solid and diverse strategies that are effective against most KDs. He's gutsy enough to war at a disadvantage.

He's probably not well known because he doesn't dip into the forum drama.
    Settlers just lost to a watered down Sparta with -2 players and less NW/land at war start.
    Last edited by Bart of Sparta; 27-06-2017 at 20:20.

Needs to get out more
    Settlers just lost to a watered down Sparta with -2 players and less NW/land at war start.
    Granted. Still, it's nice to hear someone plans things with diverse strategy. It's a rare trait.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Post Demon
    Looking solely on warcharts for the past few ages some kingdoms top or appear more often than others in the top, those I've noticed looking over those charts are Confession of Lotus, Bravehearts, Noobs and Monsters Enta, amongst the current top kingdoms with good war scores are Divinity, Barcoloco and CR (appologies if you think I missed some, only bothered to go back to age 68 looking for kingdoms repeatedly making the charts).

Now I have no clue who leads half of these kingdoms and no connections to any of them, also roles may have changed over time. But surely looking at results alone anyone leading wars frequently for any of these kingdoms would be a good bet for a top 3 war leader, that is not to say they can't be beaten or outsmarted and some would likely be better at some aspects than others. I just think that repeatedly achieveing good results on the warchart should be taken into considderation when discussing who is best to lead wars. Good for you if you beat one or more of them on some occasion, but winning a war does not mean you can beat the same kingdom on any occasion, sometimes circumstances is a huge factor too.

it's not actually a Barcoloco kd,LS was just too lazy too change before eoa.the name sucks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mansoor View Post
    Steel.....HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
    Truth is I definitely deserve a spot on that list!

Quote Originally Posted by Shrinky View Post
    Surprised he didnt use Tom/Benan against me.

Im going to vote for Loke though
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Needs to get out more
    Good strategists are a rare commodity. There are those who can run a logistics war soundly, and many more who function soley on surface logistics. To be honest, I see aspects of brilliant warring in fragments but never the whole package. I know a lot of guys say it's all logistics, and to some degree it is..until you see them war in the convention I've seen hundreds of wars.

Most of it has to do with the methods many war leaders get accustomed to, like chaining or FBing. While I'm sure the nifty stuff goes on up top and I've witnessed it on brief occasions, I've also seen some savvy work in the ghetto. You have to get them to shine by presenting them with a challenge. It's kind of funny, like they accidentally exhibit their true nature. Once you both realize you're wrestling for particular objectives you get to see their pressure game. It's just a few guys in certain kingdoms, but I love seeing these multi-stage thinkers in war.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Veteran
    That is because the side with the most dwarfs will win in situations of roughly equal size/pumping/skill and activity. Sparta simply has a really good setup that will win them most of their wars.

Thread Information