Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Best War Planners

A lot of the good leaders are not running single branded kds for periods of time but have experience in getting a few good ages in, relaxing, then repeating. There's a reason why at the top you see the same names repeatably. Probably take any leader of a top tier war kd and call that person a top war leader. Also a mediocre leader with a fantastic core can get WWs, so it's hard to say definitively what = best.
    "Because of the implication"

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
    That is because the side with the most dwarfs will win in situations of roughly equal size/pumping/skill and activity. Sparta simply has a really good setup that will win them most of their wars.
    And guess who advised on that set-up ;)

That being said though Matija is a better leader in situations such as these than I am, grinding out a long WW. I generally made sure we either won/lost at min-time because I hate long wars and am not good at them.
    Last edited by Bart of Sparta; 28-06-2017 at 09:28.

Needs to get out more
    What I'm saying is the dwarf dynamic is the no-brainer choice that avian had been in past ages. Any time you see the a build levy AKA

8/9 elite = one point higher than any other elite means you can edge the combat exchange

Mystic Aura = enemy auto-fail

Free Build with BE bonus, plus 3-8 tick build times = all cores with the exception of avians can't contain economics through military.

This means non-dwarf core kingdoms can be successful vs dwarf core only through judicious engagement, all things being equal. In other words, to defeat a dwarf core you have to go old school and beat them before declare.

Now I realize Settlers or any other war kingdom might engage a dwarf core kingdom just for fun and posterity. It's a worthwhile venture.

Didn't even mention GA as this equates to a mild overkill. You can hover in nw range if you know how to zone, but most don't. Thus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    What I'm saying is the dwarf dynamic is the no-brainer choice that avian had been in past ages. Any time you see the a build levy AKA

8/9 elite = one point higher than any other elite means you can edge the combat exchange

Mystic Aura = enemy auto-fail

Free Build with BE bonus, plus 3-8 tick build times = all cores with the exception of avians can't contain economics through military.

This means non-dwarf core kingdoms can be successful vs dwarf core only through judicious engagement, all things being equal. In other words, to defeat a dwarf core you have to go old school and beat them before declare.

Now I realize Settlers or any other war kingdom might engage a dwarf core kingdom just for fun and posterity. It's a worthwhile venture.

Didn't even mention GA as this equates to a mild overkill. You can hover in nw range if you know how to zone, but most don't. Thus.
    Dwarf is juts OP. My dwarf/mystic at this stage of the age when properly pumped will have 20+ mWPA, 450 dpa army and like 300-350 opa sendable off while keeping ~150 dpa.

Maybe a bit bias but Francis chan.
    Played in Freeakstyle from 2009 to age 72 (2017) <3 - 7honor 1war crown | On a break

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by texn View Post
    Maybe a bit bias but Francis chan.
    Where you guys at? Perhaps grow into my ghetto range and we can have a war. If Francis is so good he should be able to beat a ghetto that by principle has no war leader?

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    Dwarf is juts OP. My dwarf/mystic at this stage of the age when properly pumped will have 20+ mWPA, 450 dpa army and like 300-350 opa sendable off while keeping ~150 dpa.
    thats just a lie. you cant come close to those numbers. "best war planners" and you name yourself then claim those #'s.

That is, to hit 300 opa, 450 dpa and 150 dpa army out u need 20% tg, forts at 105 BE and enough stables to cover like 20 epa.
    Boom thats 65% of your land. Consider then u still need farms/guilds/towers and maybe homes?

Lets check pop

20+ mwpa = 5.5 raw *3.1875 sceince * 1.15 honor
    lets go 1 tpa to be stupid..

450 dpa = 1.655* (30.2 epa) (20% forts, 1.1 ME science, barrier, max wages, mp)

30.2+1+5.5=36.7 pop/acre without peasants

36.7 pop/acre /1.15 for homes swap / 1.15 max science/1.05 pop honor

=26.43 pop/acre. lets say u have even .07 ppa/acre after homes swap u need 14.3% homes in your build.

So basically your saying
    So your at 79% build w/out farms/guilds/towers/hospitals/rax........ and drafted to 115% draft rate with 0.07 peasents on MAX wpa/be/pop science and 10% me science is "properly pumped". oh yea and you have count honor.

No prov in the game is hitting that, probubly even all age. a more reasonable build even with max numbers as the "best" prov is more like
    knock out 10% forts/tg stables to get a reasonable build that drops DME to 1.55, 1.42 ome and put yourself at 2 ppa when 115% pop
    400 dpa
    150 dpa army out
    250 opa army out.

50 dpa less army in, 50-100 opa less, and still requires one of the best provs in the game right now

I like to post
    Maxed pop/mil sci

Talking about 90% homes pump going into conflict on ~140-145% BE.

Maxed ME/pop sci. Forts give way more at high BE so DME would be ~183%.

No time to do all the math now at work but this is what Munk gave me on the intel I inserted :D

I like to post
    280 opa keeping 180 dpa

PROVINCE
    Dwarf/Mystic
    Population 150144 37.54per acre
    Peasants 9032 2.26per acre
    Building Eff 144.9%
    Networth 1498943gc 374.74nwpa
    MILITARY (117112 units)
    Off specs: 0 0per acre
    Def specs: 0 0per acre
    Elites: 109112 27.28per acre
    Horses: 64000 16per acre
    Thieves: 8000 2per acre 2.12 mod
    Wizzards: 24000 6per acre 19.72 mod
    OME: +74.1% (4 gens)
    DME: +77.9%
    HOME Off: 1631k pts 407.72 opa
    HOME Def: 1747k pts 436.73 dpa
    Practical Off: 814k pts 203.57 opa
    Practical Def: 873k pts 218.37 dpa

elit

Post Demon
    The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry

How did we go from best war leader to trying to glorify Bart YET AGAIN....
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    How did we go from best war leader to trying to glorify Bart YET AGAIN....

Zulu

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    elit
    That guy. When you can defeat kingdoms that have cows and you have none you make the short list. Emeriti managed this to a degree with a dwarf supercore. Neither of them were facing kingdoms simply inclined on growing cows.

I watched those wars and they made me rethink the caliber of competition. It began my interest in the racial/nw triads. CR ran a modded Elit type strat a couple ages later. The one similarity I noted was the ability to war up. These thing influence my approach to The Virtual Kingdom...rather poorly I might add, but I wasn't in there to see howw the mechanism works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    Maxed pop/mil sci

Talking about 90% homes pump going into conflict on ~140-145% BE.

Maxed ME/pop sci. Forts give way more at high BE so DME would be ~183%.

No time to do all the math now at work but this is what Munk gave me on the intel I inserted :D
    I vote whoever invented that strat. that sounds smart.

Thread Information