Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Best War Planners

You poor thing.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Quote Originally Posted by Elit View Post
    Hi, Zaius. I remember this age too. You did so many funny moves, like waving KLA kingdom and after it pretend you are KLA too and they offered CF so you got free wave (or something similar).
    TBH most impressive part was how you able to scrip provinces and feed in your kingdom faster from Mehul able to detect and delete them. Still you deserved your permadeleted for it :)

You dont need to play for having fun. Just check forum from time to time and you will catch up with all drama :D
    I mean Elit the age we left KLA it was publicly known we left so we never pretended to be KLA and were tagged n0x. You have that very wrong especially with the public war a majority of our members had with Trans on the KLA forums before they removed us.

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Squee311 View Post
    I mean Elit the age we left KLA it was publicly known we left so we never pretended to be KLA and were tagged n0x. You have that very wrong especially with the public war a majority of our members had with Trans on the KLA forums before they removed us.
    Yes OOZ left KLA together with Bloodstone and Ballers and 1-2 other kingdom. Its when WE build NOX and my ghetto Via Nocturna was in NOX too. We left KLA 1 age early from rest KDs because intra alliance organization was disaster and its pissed me off. For example here was pub and private part in forum. All request for FW was in pub part where every one can read it, include spies from other alliances. Its resulted almost every time KLA kingdom post he look for FW they get waved. I explained it in private channel and asked this section to be moved in private part too but they did noting. Its why i left KLA.

So when we made NOX we had very good real time irc communication and Zaius often posted funny stories. One from them is how OOZ waved some days after oop KLA kingdom (before every one is tag) and he got msg from monarch something like it: why you waved us we are KLA and he reply~~: ah i didn't know we are KLA too. So both KDs did CF and OOZ had free wave this way. Other kingdom never understand its was trick. KLA had so many kingdoms and so bad communication. We had much laugh about this in private NOX leaders channel.
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Elit View Post
    Yes OOZ left KLA together with Bloodstone and Ballers and 1-2 other kingdom. Its when WE build NOX and my ghetto Via Nocturna was in NOX too. We left KLA 1 age early from rest KDs because intra alliance organization was disaster and its pissed me off. For example here was pub and private part in forum. All request for FW was in pub part where every one can read it, include spies from other alliances. Its resulted almost every time KLA kingdom post he look for FW they get waved. I explained it in private channel and asked this section to be moved in private part too but they did noting. Its why i left KLA.

So when we made NOX we had very good real time irc communication and Zaius often posted funny stories. One from them is how OOZ waved some days after oop KLA kingdom (before every one is tag) and he got msg from monarch something like it: why you waved us we are KLA and he reply~~: ah i didn't know we are KLA too. So both KDs did CF and OOZ had free wave this way. Other kingdom never understand its was trick. KLA had so many kingdoms and so bad communication. We had much laugh about this in private NOX leaders channel.
    i mean i played there and that kingdom never posted its location and was never tagged not sure who it was a "trick" it was more we got lucky and they didn't care as much. We did some underhanded stuff but that we never did.

Forum Addict
    i vote lead_pipe and tadpole as probably one of the few leaders that were generally quite pleasant to deal with when I dropped to chill in the warring tier co-leading DW, OS and a couple of other kingdoms.

As for strategist I would say an active and on form Dorje, Flogger and probably some of the CR past leaders though I would rank Dorje & Flogger higher than the CR dream team because they play pretty shady and squeeze any outside advantage possible which just throws shades on any legit strats they have.

Also 70% of winning the age lies in choosing good strats through data fed simulations amongst a few strategist. Most kd's don't even have 1 good strategist let alone a few people who can crunch numbers and translate them into winning formulas.

I guess activity is the real killer these days and any mediocre leader who puts in enough hours can eventually crown. There is barely any decent competition left so the question is pointless most of the best war planners or strategists have left the game because it's far better value to put their brains on something that can be valued in dollars then spending time with a bunch of overgrown immature kids pulling out pre-schooler shady plays, looking for ways to 1 up you with their own overgrown version of a wedgie.

If utopia wasn't so community based it would have died 20 years ago, yet ironically it's the wastrels and the toxic people that generally last longer than any other. It's as if they have some point to prove in this dying irrelevant game that they are somehow relevant and that they are of some value which is laughable, it's a game you chill put your legs up get a few kicks out of it. Talk and laugh about it like a lot of the old timers have after they have moved on. What's the point in winning whatever you are winning in this manner lol, maybe it feeds your need for self validation but it's just kind of hilarious how the entire top has turned into such a a pathetic mess, lead by the scum plays of Sparta.
    Last edited by tak3shi; 04-08-2017 at 18:35.

This entire thread makes me want to drink heavily. I've played in many ghettos and I feel like Francis was the best leader I ever played under. Say what you will about him but that guy had **** on lock. With that being said i haven't had a chance to play with some of the big names previously mentioned. Where is the love for MORBO :)
    Science in Progress 61 Cloud-City | RONIN 62 The Road| RONIN 63 DemonDeathWind | Rise2Power 64 TenToesUp | Rise2Power 65 Toothless Aggressio | Rise2Power 67 FiftyShadesofOrc

Quote Originally Posted by Attero View Post
    Where is the love for MORBO :)
    Morbo was the most useful leader. Whenever I had a use for land, he was usually in range, fat, and ready for harvest.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Morbo does not need the praises of pathetic humans to know that Morbo is supreme leader. If you think sucking up to Morbo will get you mercy, then you are mistaken, as humans most often are.

Hail Morbo

Quote Originally Posted by palem View Post
    morbo does not need the praises of pathetic humans to know that morbo is supreme leader. If you think sucking up to morbo will get you mercy, then you are mistaken, as humans most often are.

Hail morbo
    yes!

Last edited by DonJuan; 05-08-2017 at 03:10.
    "Respect the one who defends his land with bravery;
    Honor the price he pays to fufill his duty."

-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
    WhatsApp +16264286874 | SC2/D3 BattleNet: DonJuan5420 | PSN: DonJuan5420

Age 54: #1 Land KD (HaLL of Heroes)
    Age 54: #1 NW KD (HaLL of Heroes)

Age 81: #1 Honor KD (The Faery Circle)
    Age 81: #1 WW KD (The Faery Circle)
    The Tactical Technical Institute

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Attero View Post
    This entire thread makes me want to drink heavily. I've played in many ghettos and I feel like Francis was the best leader I ever played under. Say what you will about him but that guy had **** on lock. With that being said i haven't had a chance to play with some of the big names previously mentioned. Where is the love for MORBO :)
    You want to drink heavily? :) You've had at least one circus kingdom I remember. I'm sure everyone is great, but a lot of this is kingdom culture and the ability to listen.

If you win based in your knowledge of mechanics then that translates to leadership, because for some odd reason the game has a lot of followers and less team players. Once established there's a passive dictatorship that always includes 3 conditions I'm not likely to enjoy. Winning feeds itself.

So what I'm saying is I've noticed most losing kingdoms pursue losing strategies and most winning kingdoms pursue unnecessary disciplines. And it correlates to the majority: the more successful a kingdom the more strict the frivolous doctrine. I'm not saying they're evil, but that they tell you what to play and how.

I'm lost on this because I frankly notice little difference between the war leaders mechanical knowledge. The difference is in how one achieves an objective, who runs what province(t/ms and attackers, etc), and the activity to navigate bumps in the road. Yes strategy, but it doesn't require the OCD that seems to always accompany success.

Francis was indeed great, so that's not to be debated. Freeakstyle has a classic style; it's theirs. I'm sure the finer kingdoms have some coolness I haven't been exposed to also. Now I have seen strong war kingdoms from the inside though, so I do stand by my words.

What I have seen once is letting your rovers(active guys that can see the battle field) rove, and your phalanx guys phalanx. The leadership required for this type of kingdom is rare because I can't find them. It's pretty simple in that the players that have a comfort zone in a particular style can glom into that compartment. It bothers me that there are times I'm compelled to go renegade to achieve objectives that are lost on close minded leaders. That somehow we'd win being torn apart one by one and that our predictable chaining wasn't exposing our weaknesses.

We often don't look at the culture of mechanics vs the actuality. The culture of strategy vs the practical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Stratocastle, there are not as many leaders in this game as there are monarchs.
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

But the monarch is a leader, person chosen by the people to lead the kingdom.

Look past the semantics. An authority by position is very far from being a good leader, and yes when I say leader I usually mean a good one. In this game I've maybe met one or two.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    Look past the semantics.
    Dangerous game in these parts lol

I'm not scared.

Thread Information