Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Best War Planners

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty87 View Post
    Bb setup is better than cr I think because when every prov is ub the more tm's will turn the tide in the long, drawn out hostile/war. If they War it will be a long long one
    the response is with "no wars"

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    Must say the word "planner" is a bit deceiving. If you for instance take into account preparation/CFs Mango would easily come out on top.
    Sounds like what you want from a "war planner" in a whore kingdom. Someone to make sure you only get wars you want and when you want them, and someone to make sure wars are won before button is pressed. To a whore kingdom war is just a stance like any other - beneficial if you can reap acres from it (short and/or long term).

But what TS is after is probably something more along the lines of "in a true 50/50 situation, what leader would give you the better edge in war"... though question since there's very rarely such thing as a properly even fight. Watching Sanc and Dorje often impressed though. Flogger in Bio did cool work too. As did Elit in AMA for a few ages. Dunno how the inner kd structure looked and how active and vested those people are these days (elit not playing I guess?), but those wins always impressed me.
    Last edited by Tadpole; 29-06-2017 at 12:49.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Enthusiast
    Hello Gentlemen,

I have the data I need.. Thanks to those that provided good feedback..

You can now keep talking about how awesome Bart is... proceed..

Veteran
    A lot of focus on top KDs.

While I appreciate these wars can often be absolute juggernauts of the conflict-world, they more often than not fail to materialise in any interesting way. They are also done in an absolute vaccuum of CFs, prep, and long-term timing and awareness of incoming conflict.

There is a lot to be said for war leaders in the high level 'warring' KDs. As people have said, these guys churn out WW after WW - 7,8,9 per age - while eating hits from above, being waved, not knowing when conflict is incoming, etc. They also do that with sub-par players (compared to top KDs, at least) who need a lot more hand-holding and don't know the ins-and-outs of the game in such detailed fashion. These guys are able to find and exploit weaknesses, and communicate that highly effectively in a way that helps lower-quality players achieve high-end results.

The flipside, and classic argument, is of course that they fight less stiff competition. Which is fair. But they also have less to use themselves, so it arguably evens out. I think many top players would be pleasantly surprised at the skill of some warring-tier leaders, although many top players have perspective that is painfully rooted in their own context.

Loky and Owa over in CoL are a very tight team. They win almost everything. FS has always been absolute quality. Persain over in Div is a beast. Night in Noobs is strong.

It depends how you are judging 'best'. The guys who win the most-visible wars against the best opposition, or the guys who grind out result after result with little breathing space? I see it as similar to a discussion about who is a better athlete: the guy who can run faster than anyone else, or the guy who can run further than anyone else.
    Josh; leader of a lovable band of misfits, Pinoys, and probable virgins.

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

Needs to get out more
    If you can appreciate the game from many perspectives...

Organized war isn't that enjoyable to me. My favorite kind of war is being part of a high activity unorganized mess facing a highly organized kingdom. It's generally a losing prospect, but it allows you to exert maximum force with abandon. They don't make them like that anymore.

While I really appreciate a great war plan, if I can't go nuts it's just a war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

[QUOTE=s0830887;15436778]A lot of focus on top KDs.

While I appreciate these wars can often be absolute juggernauts of the conflict-world, they more often than not fail to materialise in any interesting way. They are also done in an absolute vaccuum of CFs, prep, and long-term timing and awareness of incoming conflict.

although many top players have perspective that is painfully rooted in their own context.
    /QUOTE]

This feel pretty ironic

Though maybe I am wrong and you have extensive knowledge of playing both sides.

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by s0830887 View Post
    It depends how you are judging 'best'. The guys who win the most-visible wars against the best opposition, or the guys who grind out result after result with little breathing space? I see it as similar to a discussion about who is a better athlete: the guy who can run faster than anyone else, or the guy who can run further than anyone else.
    Most from time there is not objective way to judge any "best" list. Don't take it so serious. Its just another chance for ppl to have fun and argue in forum.

Still there is reason why TOP is top and rest are middle/bottom. You need to experience all part from game before you can objective expect to be one from best.
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Post Fiend
    It is weird to see so many people listing 'top war planners' from kingdoms who war 1-3 times each age over past 5 ages. Most whore kds get an ez war win early on in the age and then bully the rest of the server. If your definition of a 'war planner' is putting your kd in the best position to grow, then go for it.

There are lots of people (and truly, most effective 'war leaders' are teams of ppl who have played together for a while) who probably deserve the title of 'best war leader' over people who whore land and post a lot on the forums. You just won't really hear from them on the forums, so they don't get the respect they deserve. Josh, loke/owa, Persain (divinity?), wSk leadership -- there are several kds that are willing to fight basically anyone, anytime, and more often than not come out victorious.

Then again, most forum posters typically look down on 'war kingdoms' since they play a different meta game than the 'top' does. Funny thread tho :)

I had Troll (the real warplanner in Divinity) on my list
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by HerpNDerp View Post
    It is weird to see so many people listing 'top war planners' from kingdoms who war 1-3 times each age over past 5 ages. Most whore kds get an ez war win early on in the age and then bully the rest of the server. If your definition of a 'war planner' is putting your kd in the best position to grow, then go for it.

There are lots of people (and truly, most effective 'war leaders' are teams of ppl who have played together for a while) who probably deserve the title of 'best war leader' over people who whore land and post a lot on the forums. You just won't really hear from them on the forums, so they don't get the respect they deserve. Josh, loke/owa, Persain (divinity?), wSk leadership -- there are several kds that are willing to fight basically anyone, anytime, and more often than not come out victorious.

Then again, most forum posters typically look down on 'war kingdoms' since they play a different meta game than the 'top' does. Funny thread tho :)
    Did you not read the thread? Those people are getting their due recognition

This thread starts and ends with Dirty`. This ends my submissions.
    The End of an Era

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Did you not read the thread? Those people are getting their due recognition
    It's five pages of ppl sucking each other off and listing a bunch of big name players who haven't done much in recent ages. There are like five total posts actually recognizing the leaders of actual 'war kingdoms'. Your sass is not necessary.

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by HerpNDerp View Post

Age when RPP power played AMA our second war was with waring kingdom. They wared us from disadvantage and basically loss much less % land from what we gained later from Kingdoms wared from advantage over us. This deserve admirations. Im sure they had good leaders, but i dont remember KD name or leaders so i cant really "vote" for them.

If i want to be serious my top choice is Binar. He planed his wars in Pew Pew so well keep KD schedule very tight :D Was really hard to get on list with Kds he have time to war :(
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

can someone please translate that for me please? Iam not sure if im getting a compliment or being talked down too....
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Binar View Post
    can someone please translate that for me please? Iam not sure if im getting a compliment or being talked down too....
    The answer is yes

Thread Information