Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Best War Planners

There's something to be said about repeatedly getting a large number of wins every age, I agree. But our OOP war this age was against a kingdom who claimed to have gone 5/5 last age. We crushed them in mintime, and they had an Avian core, which is pretty strong OOP because of the free elites. It's easy to go 5/5 in the 50-10 land/NW charts. There's a lot of targets available to pick from. Yes, there's a larger unknown so the chances of getting randomly waved are MUCH higher than in the top 5, but you can also be the one doing the waving to get wars.

I don't have experience with the LS of CoL, or Bravehearts, or Noobs. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say they're excellent war strategists, but the level of competition just isn't the same. I led Mythos through several wars, most of which we won, and I don't think I came up against any opponent that was as good as (for example) Hesus at war strategy. The guy's good, better than any leader I've warred against [I warred and beat Nesta once, but he ****ed up and gave me the button right after he explored so I don't count that. On even ground, he'd probably out play me]. Hesus got this good by playing with, losing to, and beating the best players in the game.

Top land/NW kingdoms are generally run by the best leaders in the game. It's hard to refine your leadership skills and strategies by warring the "above average" kingdoms, even if you go 10/10. You gotta beat the best to be the best!
    Last edited by CannaWhoopazz; 29-06-2017 at 18:48.
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Binar View Post
    can someone please translate that for me please? Iam not sure if im getting a compliment or being talked down too....
    I think it's a compliment :)

I like to post
    can someone please translate that for me please? Iam not sure if im getting a compliment or being talked down too....
    Imagine how hard was for ABS doing diplo with me for so long :)

Here is hint for you:
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Ovenmitt
    Ovenmitt
    dorje
    -- Freedom Valley - Cartoon Networth - Harsh Cheeses - HaLL of FORCE - The Fantastic Trollfags - Polar Bears - Simians - Pew Pew - RoO - Mango Unchained - RoO

Quote Originally Posted by CannaWhoopazz View Post
    There's something to be said about repeatedly getting a large number of wins every age, I agree. But our OOP war this age was against a kingdom who claimed to have gone 5/5 last age. We crushed them in mintime, and they had an Avian core, which is pretty strong OOP because of the free elites. It's easy to go 5/5 in the 50-10 land/NW charts. There's a lot of targets available to pick from. Yes, there's a larger unknown so the chances of getting randomly waved are MUCH higher than in the top 5, but you can also be the one doing the waving to get wars.

I don't have experience with the LS of CoL, or Bravehearts, or Noobs. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say they're excellent war strategists, but the level of competition just isn't the same. I led Mythos through several wars, most of which we won, and I don't think I came up against any opponent that was as good as (for example) Hesus at war strategy. The guy's good, better than any leader I've warred against [I warred and beat Nesta once, but he ****ed up and gave me the button right after he explored so I don't count that. On even ground, he'd probably out play me]. Hesus got this good by playing with, losing to, and beating the best players in the game.

Top land/NW kingdoms are generally run by the best leaders in the game. It's hard to refine your leadership skills and strategies by warring the "above average" kingdoms, even if you go 10/10. You gotta beat the best to be the best!
    Every kd and their dog were getting WW last age if they selected Avian/Cleric Halfer/Rogue spam. It's probably the first age I have seen pure set up win vs skills/activity - when usually skill/activity can out play set ups to certain extents. This age is different in that dwarf kds are getting WWs, but not necessarily the most wars, and the land gains system took some adjusting to for many kds. Consistency however is the one thing you will see from good war leaders. I would say any guys repeatably in the top 10 age after age are doing things correctly.And staying small to get WW does not count, as ghetto bashing is not competitive.

Also, non 25 player kds really shouldn't be considered in the TOP war leaders, as sub 25 can be abused too.
    "Because of the implication"

Quote Originally Posted by s0830887 View Post
    Persain over in Div is a beast.
    *Troll

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by HerpNDerp View Post
    It's five pages of ppl sucking each other off and listing a bunch of big name players who haven't done much in recent ages. There are like five total posts actually recognizing the leaders of actual 'war kingdoms'.
    ...right...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    Bart
    Persain
    Jdorje

Though I'm not that active nowadays. So uuuh I'd swap me for Hesus!
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Does Francis still play?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    I think he is a spiritual leader now with texn running the show. But yes, Francis would be on my list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    Hesus, Troll and Dorje
    this would be my list as well

edit.....my list excludes flogger becuase it says "Active" flogger would be put on the semi active list along with a few of the waring kds leaders that take ages off.
    That's 4 on the first page. Continuing on...

Quote Originally Posted by dsqrd View Post
    Kotty in Settlers is fantastic. He can pump out war after war and always pull out solid and diverse strategies that are effective against most KDs. He's gutsy enough to war at a disadvantage.

He's probably not well known because he doesn't dip into the forum drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    Looking solely on warcharts for the past few ages some kingdoms top or appear more often than others in the top, those I've noticed looking over those charts are Confession of Lotus, Bravehearts, Noobs and Monsters Enta, amongst the current top kingdoms with good war scores are Divinity, Barcoloco and CR (appologies if you think I missed some, only bothered to go back to age 68 looking for kingdoms repeatedly making the charts).

Now I have no clue who leads half of these kingdoms and no connections to any of them, also roles may have changed over time. But surely looking at results alone anyone leading wars frequently for any of these kingdoms would be a good bet for a top 3 war leader, that is not to say they can't be beaten or outsmarted and some would likely be better at some aspects than others. I just think that repeatedly achieveing good results on the warchart should be taken into considderation when discussing who is best to lead wars. Good for you if you beat one or more of them on some occasion, but winning a war does not mean you can beat the same kingdom on any occasion, sometimes circumstances is a huge factor too.
    Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    Surprised he didnt use Tom/Benan against me.

Im going to vote for Loke though
    Quote Originally Posted by texn View Post
    Maybe a bit bias but Francis chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by maccar86 View Post
    Francis, Elurin and jdorge
    That seems like a respectable amount. Certainly not a snubbing that requires a rant about how no one respects war kingdoms enough to mention them in a thread about war planners.

Your sass is not necessary.
    As is yours.

Forum Addict
    Palem: you forgot Steel...

Quote Originally Posted by HerpNDerp View Post
    It is weird to see so many people listing 'top war planners' from kingdoms who war 1-3 times each age over past 5 ages. Most whore kds get an ez war win early on in the age and then bully the rest of the server. If your definition of a 'war planner' is putting your kd in the best position to grow, then go for it.

There are lots of people (and truly, most effective 'war leaders' are teams of ppl who have played together for a while) who probably deserve the title of 'best war leader' over people who whore land and post a lot on the forums. You just won't really hear from them on the forums, so they don't get the respect they deserve. Josh, loke/owa, Persain (divinity?), wSk leadership -- there are several kds that are willing to fight basically anyone, anytime, and more often than not come out victorious.

Then again, most forum posters typically look down on 'war kingdoms' since they play a different meta game than the 'top' does. Funny thread tho :)

1. you make the general assumption that most do about whoring leaders and war tier leaders... the thing is the whore leaders can do what warring tier do just as well if not in most cases better. We can rehash when CR dropped to war the war tier and they either fled or got dominated.

2.a truly great war leader could lead in any situation not just with his comfort council they have played with for ages. Majority of the players listed can develop plans that win wars outside of their home kingdom...

3. its a different meta but when that meta meets the prep and planning of the whoring meta majority of the time the whore meta wins.

Post Fiend
    Petrified was the war leader in PewPew, and he was very good.

Quote Originally Posted by maugrim View Post
    Petrified was the war leader in PewPew, and he was very good.
    Petrified was the ONLY leader in PewPew, and he was the best
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

Forum Addict
    Petrified was the ONLY leader in PewPew, and he was the best
    Petrified was damn good. To bad his bad attitude got him killed IRL.

Heroin killed Pet, not attitude
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

Heroin killed Pet, not attitude
    Thats a joke right?.....
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    Thats a joke right?.....
    So insensitive who would joke about such things.

Thread Information