Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Divinity vs Barcoloco

Quote Originally Posted by Meep View Post
    I disagree about these being the worst age changes.

The only significant flaw IMO is Barrier being too strong.

Should separate the TM and DME/GS aspects of it

Us and sleepy had no problems beating up each others Dwarves.

I expect us and BB will likewise have no such problems.
    No, because you will be able to send out and keep your largest provs unbreakable while you farm us.

Yay mechanics change that makes it damned near impossible to grow outside of war....
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    No, because you will be able to send out and keep your largest provs unbreakable while you farm us.

Yay mechanics change that makes it damned near impossible to grow outside of war....
    I think much more highly of you than you think of yourselves then.

I don't expect to farm you, or for our largest provs to be fully unbreakable on sending out.

You're well aware of what defenses you'll have with a barrier up, and if you've simmed our top provs you're well aware of the defenses they'll need to leave home to hit you, and that trading hits there requires both sides extending into being breakable.

Fake war surrendered already. Wow. Sad for everyone involved.
    -- Freedom Valley - Cartoon Networth - Harsh Cheeses - HaLL of FORCE - The Fantastic Trollfags - Polar Bears - Simians - Pew Pew - RoO - Mango Unchained - RoO

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovenmitt View Post
    Butt-hurtus Maximus ! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx_G2a2hL6U
    Last edited by jacko; 05-07-2017 at 20:52.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    so far cheering for team Divinity althougth Barcoloco has one mean chain machine whitch I experienced last age.

I still think the outcome will decide who gets to crown.
    doubtful....wars over we lost 4k acres gained 8-10k honor they got 4k+ww. No real changes to the top on a drastic note, other than 1 of our halfers is basically dead.

There weren't that many options as we had short notice with u guys, and no notice with barco it boiled down to a few option all of which wouldn't play out great. Waring barcoloco was by far the best option that gave us a chance to win and control our age. That option also didn't have me say 'screw u' to everyone and play both sides off each-other using half truths and threats of real farm outs.

Ultimately the 400-450 million gc disadvantage lead to 2-0 dragons an opening wave of MS that hurt us ALOT. Couple that with some sleep that dwindled our military and our unwillingness to sacrifice a 6k acre prov giving 600-800 acre topfeed gains for 150-250 acre bottomfeeds and utlimately it meant we couldnt deal with the halfers long term. If u cant hold out against halfers long term you end up with the same war that emeriti v barcoloco had.
    You give us 2 epa more kd wide and enough gc for 2 dragons and war plays out a bit differnt, or at least goes beyond min time. Its not like it wasnt close. We lost 3.5% of our land in 50 hours and had 3 people chained, while gaining 300-750 on our 17 largest provs and its hardly fake or even that bad a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    doubtful....wars over we lost 4k acres gained 8-10k honor they got 4k+ww. No real changes to the top on a drastic note, other than 1 of our halfers is basically dead.

There weren't that many options as we had short notice with u guys, and no notice with barco it boiled down to a few option all of which wouldn't play out great. Waring barcoloco was by far the best option that gave us a chance to win and control our age. That option also didn't have me say 'screw u' to everyone and play both sides off each-other using half truths and threats of real farm outs.

Ultimately the 400-450 million gc disadvantage lead to 2-0 dragons an opening wave of MS that hurt us ALOT. Couple that with some sleep that dwindled our military and our unwillingness to sacrifice a 6k acre prov giving 600-800 acre topfeed gains for 150-250 acre bottomfeeds and utlimately it meant we couldnt deal with the halfers long term. If u cant hold out against halfers long term you end up with the same war that emeriti v barcoloco had.
    You give us 2 epa more kd wide and enough gc for 2 dragons and war plays out a bit differnt, or at least goes beyond min time. Its not like it wasnt close. We lost 3.5% of our land in 50 hours and had 3 people chained, while gaining 300-750 on our 17 largest provs and its hardly fake or even that bad a loss.
    You trying to justify using the war mechanic to avoid a conflict and admittedly not hitting is going to set a huge precedent if it stands. I'm sad for the community, and your own integrity.
    -- Freedom Valley - Cartoon Networth - Harsh Cheeses - HaLL of FORCE - The Fantastic Trollfags - Polar Bears - Simians - Pew Pew - RoO - Mango Unchained - RoO

Post Demon
    You trying to justify using the war mechanic to avoid a conflict and admittedly not hitting is going to set a huge precedent if it stands. I'm sad for the community, and your own integrity.
    As opposed to warring us where we'd be max drafted and he wouldn't be able to break a single province in the kingdom?

Strategy Moderator
    we didnt avoid a conflict we were 100% going to enter into one with barco or cr. HOW we entered into one was our choice, and as zero agreements were made beyond the "war offer/push button" its hardly even remotely along the fake war lines. As even meep in your own kd pointed out they lost more nw than we did and we even lost land lol...so clearly we were doing something. As for not hitting, we hit 3-4 times during war as safe and recovered 1/3 of our lost land via a withdraw wave. IT was actually MORE hits for land in a 2 day war v barcolco than a 113 hour war v Spartans. You dont like how we war, then dont war us....or war us on terms we will quickly agree to....never herd u suggest u'd wait till we explored and offer us 1/2 your gc prep to fight equal land equal gc. Being upset that we chose a war v risking 2 open notices and a 5-6 day non hostile that could destroy us doesnt make u magically god and us ants.

I like to post
    CR should honestly stop whining like the babies they are. Christ sake grow up. Anyone could see this war didn't pan out like it did because of the KDs but because of the terribly designed mechanics, absolutely horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    CR should honestly stop whining like the babies they are. Christ sake grow up. Anyone could see this war didn't pan out like it did because of the KDs but because of the terribly designed mechanics, absolutely horrible.
    Seems like it is the fault of the kingdoms for picking races they can't attack with.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    Seems like it is the fault of the kingdoms for picking races they can't attack with.
    we did attack though, sorry the number of hits wasnt high enough to meet the standards of some.

Regular
    Very boring war, al i can say... but its thiers play. Cant blame em they gained honor. Lost 4k acres. 2haflers down and a mystic

I like to post
    I foresee a lot of wars between turtle KDs next few ages!

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    I foresee a lot of wars between turtle KDs next few ages!
    loss of in war barrier alone next age will limit that a bit.

I like to post
    I don't understand. Changes were fine and balanced this age. You must be mistaken and I'd like you to provide evidence to support your claims rather than bandy baseless accusations.

To cite the exact quote:

Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    RESPONSE: Evidence or example? This is a blank statement of your own personal opinion and from our perspective is completely false. Endless wars have always been possible, changes we've made have done nothing to exacerbate this, unless you can provide actual data to support your argument.

If you come out here and smacktalk the devs please do so based on evidence.

Thread Information