Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Raw game

Post Demon
    It still don't hold me back as a player to play without using tools, however what it can hold me back from doing is coordinating well with 21-24 other kingdom fellors, that is the whole point of why you use the tools and have nothing to do with personal performance so your comparison is of the mark, it is only those who become so dependent of the tools they can't perform without them that would hurt their own performance by discarding the use of tools in their playing style, but perhaps they would learn to play without tools to in the long run if they did that.

Fortunally for me I play in a 3 man kingdom, so tools are not needed at all, and the ingame chat is sufficient for communication. That is also why my offer to Moon of Earth still stands if he is interested in embarasing individual gameplay he can pm me anytime, because there is no better place for that than in the shell kingdom. I recently made it to arround t200 for land on the server and 2nd for Dryad all that while playing using pen and paper and restricting myself to not exploring at all.

It doesn't hold you back, but it also doesn't sound like you are warring all-too-often.

Like another person said earlier, in a war, this game is about timing and coordination as much as math.
    ACT is also a timed test. Doing math long-hand when you could just use a calculator is a fairly comparable point.

For sure isn't an issue with a 3-man kingdom, though, so kudos for that.

Needs to get out more
    Warring style is the core of it. And this isn't a guy saying these things are bad; I'm saying you will see more players sway toward technology and not reap its deeper rewards. This is a psychological thing that's more apparent to a pre-digital gamer. I've often stated that I note a lack of nuance in the manner many approach the game. It's not the tech, it's the culture(or lack thereof ) of tech.

It's not as if I haven't been in those organized kingdoms. It's not funny, but exasperating for me to be in those waves. And I'm one of the phalanx guys..yknow, the one that sticks to the plan. But my goodness, you talk about pageantry without a cause. I'm big on pageantry btw, and it's one of the reasons I love tagged and themed kingdoms. But I digress....these waves and coordination are somewhat self explanatory, if the players are in on the war. How much of a leap does one require to hit nw order or even cross chain? And I'm not fast at all. Now I'm going to confess that in those kingdoms I didn't use their intel, but did what I was supposed to do and more. Yes, the enemy shuffles stuff and it's all real tricky stuff. But guess who smells soldier block? Micro, micro, micro....yeah, I know. It's not that keen an edge. Remember, I said I'm slow, but I micro in my own manner.

The enemy unbreakables.
    Who has the tools to break them?
    Here'd be the first big leap: how do we defend our breakers?
    That's my gig, lol.
    Screwing around in some wave with enemy nw contemporaries up my ass isn't logical.
    That sounded defiant didn't it?
    Hey it's not about me. I know how to build and hold station.
    For some reason the "greatest attackers" never played D&D.
    They don't "get" the wall: that your healing cleric and fight shortening Mage are behind you.
    Introducing wackamole. Google it.
    Look at how the best are built. Learn from them.
    Reverse engineer what you're looking at.
    Build to defeat the best. It doesn't look like you think it might.
    Have confidence in your garbage and test it against the freak pumped.

Now that has little to do with a wonderful bot and instant com systems. You'd think that these things are separated, but they're not. I have been in up to 7 kingdoms an age because I play somewhat mercenary. The fact is the great majority of the near vicinity best are linear to the worst, conventionally. Let me demonstrate:

Essentially they all do the same thing.
    The bad kingdoms want to, but lack activity and coordination.
    The strategies are incredibly similar.
    The more active kingdoms with coordination win, lol.

And yet, I have warred kingdoms with lower activity with just a few good players that've defeated the one I was in. No, I don't chose kingdoms based in success. Being a prolific kingdom hopper I've had my chance to see the few that've broken the mold. For my kingdom mates to be astonished at our loss, but not regard the brilliance of our enemy...

Communicate all you want. Bot all you want. If you aren't using those tools like the Enterprise explored the universe, it's just a weapon of discipline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Needs to get out more
    Forgive the double post, but of note is IRC culture.

Here's one for the techs to ponder.

So you have this cool thing that'll make all your moves lightning fast. Yessiree dandy.
    But irc is the world. It's old, it's behind the times but it's where the world meets. And here are all these tech edge kingdoms isolated by way of the gleaming latest thing.

That world out there is where the innovators reside. It's where the multi-crowning through the toughest ages hang out. Now they have your tech to, but they're in touch with what's going on outside their kingdom. Isolated cultures often remain the same until they're an interesting study. Think about that.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Moon do Aliens still live in your backyard?
    I love Upoopu but not to share my own Intel as thats just a bonus. I love it because it stores 200 provs for me to rob from and hit. Big small Monarch and peasant. Its a true holder of truth and has no prejudice. U R correct that its broken alot.

Post Fiend
    Yes, the aliens are still there!
    Live long and prosper

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    Love to see your individualism still trumps your effort at teamwork. :D

-DM <3

Post Fiend
    @DM I dont have to listen to these wild allegations!
    Live long and prosper

Needs to get out more
    John Matrix: Bennett, stop screwing around and let the whatsapp go, it's me that you want, I only retal, you can beat me!
    [Bennett laughs]
    John Matrix: [Comes out from hidden place] Come on Bennett, throw away the chicken **** munkbot, you don't just want to pull the trigger, you want to put the knife in me, and look me in the eye, and see what's going on in there when you turn it, that's what you want to do, right?
    Bennett: I can kill you John!
    John Matrix: Come on, let the whatsapp go, just between you and me, don't deprive yourself of some pleasure, come on Bennett, let's party!
    Bennett: I can beat you, I don't need the whatsapp!
    [laughs]
    Bennett: I DON'T NEED WHATSAPP!
    [throws phone away]
    Bennett: I don't need the munkbot John. I can beat you. I DON'T NEED NO BOT!
    [Pulls out his raw game]
    Bennett: And I'll KILL YOU NOW!
    ________
    Weed bowls

Post Fiend
    Lol. Kudos.
    Live long and prosper

Thread Information