Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Raw game

Quote Originally Posted by Akkadian/Taylor View Post

Utopia is a team game. Learn how to be a team player.
    or dont, but then atleast find a kd that plays like that :P by the looks of it MoonOf would be welcomed into both Bartans and Javiers kd
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

Quote Originally Posted by Akkadian/Taylor View Post
    so you can spend all of this time on the forum explaining why you disagree with it, which is bogus, but you can't spend half of that time downloading the app and trying it out? or better yet, 30 seconds to enter Munk information, to realize what you are truly missing?

Utopia is a team game. Learn how to be a team player.
    a wolf pack is still a kind of team

Post Demon
    The only time I would advice that you don't share intel is when you play in a very small kingdom like I do, or when you completely trust the players that can be exempted from sharing.

Have been ghetto monaching a while back, and I tell you it is always that big province that looks strong that will trick you into going for wars you can not win if you don't have his intel, you'll find out afterwards that he was running a totally ****ty 50 opa and 200 dpa when you expected him to be able to hit on target and break key provinces. Losing war after war because people can not communicate and you think their nw/acre looks okayish for war is a huge letdown.

I can however relate to not wanting to use external tools, last age was my first and only encounter with munk and slack combination, I feelt I used to much time sitting on that chat program, and I really did not need it as I can eyeball well enougth to not want some tool to give me exact gains etc. This age I did not feel I had the time for external tools or chat.

My forte is individual gameplay, so my solution for just spending time on the game was to start a shell kingdom, this also took away the pressure for hitting 12epa or 15epa or run watchtowers oow, or whatever silly requirement was asked of me by leadership, and I can now fully concentrate on performing as well as possible under the circumstances I have and the limitations I've put on myself.

Should you be interested to try playing in a shell you are more than welcome to pm me for an arrangement, I found that this way of playing has been much to my liking so far, even if wars are out of the picture.

Post Fiend
    Akkadian/Taylor ... I only really just came back to the game/forum and yes once again i voice my disagreement with the apps - here in my thread in General Discussion on Utopia Forum - surely the correct place to discuss said subject.

Ofcourse i am a team player ... not using apps doesnt change this - i fail to see how it does ... but ah well - ive done nothing wrong and said nothing that isnt the truth...

I am enjoying my ghetto currently ...
    Last edited by The Moon of Earth; 30-06-2017 at 23:48. Reason: ewoks...
    Live long and prosper

If I wanted to have an aneurysm it would definitely not be from dedication to being a utopian-intel purist.
    "Because of the implication"

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by The Moon of Earth View Post
    Akkadian/Taylor ... I only really just came back to the game/forum and yes once again i voice my disagreement with the apps - here in my thread in General Discussion on Utopia Forum - surely the correct place to discuss said subject.

Ofcourse i am a team player ... not using apps doesnt change this - i fail to see how it does ... but ah well - ive done nothing wrong and said nothing that isnt the truth...

I am enjoying my ghetto currently ...
    If you want to play in a kd that doesnt use those then find a kd that doesnt use those. But i can tell you 100% your kd is going to lose 99% of wars and constantly get beaten down if the only way you talk is through in game chat, pms, and forum posts.

Those tools make things EASIER for leaders, and make communication between players manageable. You'll be hard pressed to find a kd that knows about them and wont pk you if u refuse to use them. Thats because waring where you have to read and idividually in game msgs 24 differnt people as amonarch their orders is a logistical nightmare. You may have done it in the past but you were not as good of a kd as people who used chat programs. This "we didnt do it back in the day" is bs as far back as age 15 i sat in kds that used intell sites and real time chats. Hell even my kds in genesis around age 25 used irc and pimp. Those things build a sense of community and coordation you simply cant get with in game only features.

Post Fiend
    The addons are becoming more numerous and effective ... in times past players needed to do more themselves ... i said irc is a good second chat alternative ... dont pimp and upoopu generally stop working quite regularly? In ages past these things crashed to a point of being a joke and required constant redesigning ... angel ... shrimp ... all the flipping things ... These things help at higher levels to a very minor degree (easier for Monarch to think) ... but in the Ghettoes they are an annoying subject of obsession for Monarchs trying to push them ... making hits and communication are all entirely possible within the game and it all works A ok ... ask anybody i ever played with and theyll say i was active and part of the action - add ons are not necessary ...

They arent even really that helpful ... almost all info is on Kingdom Espionage page ... truly i think people should question them more and whatever tiny itty bitty help they might ever bring should be incorporated into the game.

Utopia is on the 'up and up' with the new Lords Dave and Jeff - hopefully addons arent even a thing in the future ... the game should evolve to be stronger - not more fiddly!
    Last edited by The Moon of Earth; 01-07-2017 at 00:30. Reason: the spinning earth and my beating heart...
    Live long and prosper

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by The Moon of Earth View Post
    "You must get Upoopu!"
    "Why?"
    "So i can see your intel."
    "Why dont i just tell you?"
    "Just get Upoopu."
    As someone who has kd led in the past (and sort of doing it currently) this line triggered me. As a leader I want your intel stored somewhere so I don't HAVE to track you down and ask you. Leading a kd ****ing sucks as it is, if I have to track down 20+ players and ask them what their intel looks like I'd kill myself. You sound like a selfish player to me and I feel sorry for whoever's unthankable task it is to lead your kd.

Post Fiend
    Jeez ... you sound like a bad Monarch ... no problems as long as we never share Kingdom ...
    Live long and prosper

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    If you want to play in a kd that doesnt use those then find a kd that doesnt use those. But i can tell you 100% your kd is going to lose 99% of wars and constantly get beaten down if the only way you talk is through in game chat, pms, and forum posts.

Those tools make things EASIER for leaders, and make communication between players manageable. You'll be hard pressed to find a kd that knows about them and wont pk you if u refuse to use them. Thats because waring where you have to read and idividually in game msgs 24 differnt people as amonarch their orders is a logistical nightmare. You may have done it in the past but you were not as good of a kd as people who used chat programs. This "we didnt do it back in the day" is bs as far back as age 15 i sat in kds that used intell sites and real time chats. Hell even my kds in genesis around age 25 used irc and pimp. Those things build a sense of community and coordation you simply cant get with in game only features.
    there's a monarch message you can use and everyone sees it when they log in regardless of whether they open their chat app/irc/etc. did you know this was a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by javierNelson View Post
    there's a monarch message you can use and everyone sees it when they log in regardless of whether they open their chat app/irc/etc. did you know this was a thing?
    LOL
    okey, now iam sure you are trolling
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

Quote Originally Posted by Binar View Post
    LOL
    okey, now iam sure you are trolling
    maybe he was trolling? what if he didn't know, then who's the troll? it's tricky like that, also, what if the first guy was the troll?

it's right below "Royal commands" (FYI)

I like to post
    I can understand The Moon of Earth and i think he have point. Here is 2 kind kingdoms. Organized and ghetto's. When you play in second you expect to have much more freedom from TOP kingdoms and last what you need is some one to came and tell you how to play. Special if you are me and some n00b came to advice you with total nonsenses for game :)
    The Moon of Earth: its all about what you want from game. Here is still so many bad enough kingdoms where you can forget to set tools or set them but not update and no one will care when rest are inactive too. You can have your individual fun but age will be hard overall. Getting hits every day from other small kingdoms and being smaked every war if you able to get 2-3 per age.
    From other side you can look for join in active and organized kingdom. Dont matter if its land or war kingdom. You will have more fun overal but more job and duties too. So choice is for you.
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

I like to post
    BTW here is one serious nonsense in game recruit system. If you are retired and want to start play again in random KD Game consider your: Game knowledge unknown and activity None. So you cant aply for any good kingdom. Its really silly and unfair.
    BinBin sorry if you didn't get my application :D
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Thread Information