Thread: Vacation mode during war

Vacation mode during war

Hey. Utopian oldtimer here so I know the reason why the rule regarding cancel of vacation mode was changed so you cant in the middle of wars. However this rule REALLY needs an update, I see more issues and it really pisses me of big time and if I am pissed of, so will others be for sure. I was really close to just delete province and exit game due to this so please consider changing this to at least not scare more people away from the game by making it less flexible.

1st issue:

The fact that you cant cancel vacation in the middle of a war is to me ok, however, if a kd declares on you, give provinces on vacation a chance to cancel vacation and set a sitter, say the first 2-3 hours into war, then lock it.

2nd issue:

The fact that you cant login at ALL while on vacation is stupid, give people a chance to stay in touch with the kingdom in chat, if the war is long and you dont have whatsapp or irc etc, you have no clue when the war DOES end so you can login again.

3rd issue:

When CF is agreed, unlock the chance to cancel vacation mode, its stupid as you cant do anyone any harm anyway so might as well be able to get back on track along with the others and be ready for war when you exit cf (this is the rule that almost made me ragequit).

FIX !
    Last edited by Treebeard; 03-07-2017 at 20:07.

Cancel in war is abuseable because people use it to trick others into thinking they have less players there for war. Also you could hold 10 mil gcs on your prov, go vacation mode and unlock mid war and feed your kd. Again, open to a lot of abuse.
    "Because of the implication"

Quote Originally Posted by joeblogs View Post
    Cancel in war is abuseable because people use it to trick others into thinking they have less players there for war. Also you could hold 10 mil gcs on your prov, go vacation mode and unlock mid war and feed your kd. Again, open to a lot of abuse.
    Thats the exact reason why I say, I understand why the rule is there, only it needs an update, didnt you read the post? I know all the tricks as I have seen it early days....

Sorry is quite early here.

The 2nd point is fine.

The 3rd point is also abuseable as you could aid your kd in recovery more quickly.
    "Because of the implication"

Quote Originally Posted by joeblogs View Post
    Sorry is quite early here.

The 2nd point is fine.

The 3rd point is also abuseable as you could aid your kd in recovery more quickly.

Its ok :)

A lot is abusable, but after war gc is no the main concern really, I make a ton of gc after releasing specs etc. so dont see that as the main problem and if you have been away during the war anyway, chances are your kingdom lost and really DO need some extra gc but a lost war instead of a win vs the fact that you might abuse it to give out gcs, I know which one I would prefer.

My idea was also to help getting new players in, not scare them away.

sounds like a bull**** rule - just another thinly veiled attempt at trying to make you pay to win

Forum Fanatic
    1. Thats your kds fault if they give the option to someone else hanging you in vacation mode .Not like it used to be where as now it takes multiple people to give the button.
    2.No issue with that,Not many use ingame chat anyway
    3. real easy to store resources as others have mentioned.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Quote Originally Posted by Treebeard View Post
    1st issue:

The fact that you cant cancel vacation in the middle of a war is to me ok, however, if a kd declares on you, give provinces on vacation a chance to cancel vacation and set a sitter, say the first 2-3 hours into war, then lock it.
    No, this is not an issue and shouldn't be changed the way you suggest. As you have no way to intel a province in VM you cannot reasonably ascertain what sort of threat it presents(other than basic analysis from nwpa etc). Therefore to province should still be locked out from war if that war is entered while the province is in vacation mode.

Hell, I would even like to extend the current limitations in some way so that you can safely disregard vacationed provinces when considering potential targets. For example, when a vacationed province exits vm the kingdom looses any acquired buttons for 24-48 hours, and if you had a province exit within 24 hours a declaring kingdom gets the ability to lock out a province for the duration of that war if certain size limits are met, or if the provinces has more than x runes/solds/gc per acre.

I also think that if you bring out a province from vacation any kingdom you're currently Unfriendly or more with gets a notice of it and the option to enforce a cf that is binding for 48 hours(and as per usual resets the meter)
    Last edited by Elldallan; 07-07-2017 at 16:22.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Administrator
    The only thing I see as a viable and unabusable solution to the problem as presented is to allow the VM province to log in while their province remains in VM. Allow interaction with the Kingdom via Forums and In-Game Chat and read mail but for most of the reasons stated above there's too much abuse possible to allowing VM provinces to return during a war.
    One of the main reasons provinces are not allowed to return during EOWCF is to remove the potential for the dodging of conflict and provide the protection of EOWCF from the server.
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Thread Information