Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Affairs of the State - Episode 2 - Discussion Topics

Administrator

Affairs of the State - Episode 2 - Discussion Topics

Episode 2 is coming! Please use this thread to post discussion topics or questions you would like to hear us answer/talk about!

Episode 2 details can be found here

Episode 2 can be viewed by clicking here!
    Last edited by DavidC; 14-07-2017 at 01:05.
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Why are you torturing us? :(

I will defer to Sheister for details.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

1.) Is it possible to look at resetting fort cool-down when in war? As a min time WD can often leave kds without the fort stance to head into after EOWCF.

2.) What about having possible "newb friendly" kds that would elect to get first pick of new players in their kingdom so that new joiners would get a positive first experience vs possible RK by the more established kds.

3.) Can we get more nuanced rituals?

4.) Possibly a review of the new gold standard features - but I assume that's the crux of this podcast anyway.

Just a few thoughts.

Cheers.
    "Because of the implication"

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by joeblogs View Post
    1.) Is it possible to look at resetting fort cool-down when in war? As a min time WD can often leave kds without the fort stance to head into after EOWCF.

2.) What about having possible "newb friendly" kds that would elect to get first pick of new players in their kingdom so that new joiners would get a positive first experience vs possible RK by the more established kds.

3.) Can we get more nuanced rituals?

4.) Possibly a review of the new gold standard features - but I assume that's the crux of this podcast anyway.

Just a few thoughts.

Cheers.
    Can you elaborate a little on #3?

I like #2, that's going in my notes!
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    Can you elaborate a little on #3?

I like #2, that's going in my notes!
    I think for the rituals it might be good to split them into say two parts, like the barrier for OPs and Spell, and then a defense barrier for losses and in built DME upgrade - so this way you can run a specific war type barrier and then one for just oow. With the onslaught too you could do something like this by getting kds to chose OME or gains and damages etc. I haven't thought of the specifics per say, just rather an idea of war focused vs OOW focused rituals.
    "Because of the implication"

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by joeblogs View Post
    I think for the rituals it might be good to split them into say two parts, like the barrier for OPs and Spell, and then a defense barrier for losses and in built DME upgrade - so this way you can run a specific war type barrier and then one for just oow. With the onslaught too you could do something like this by getting kds to chose OME or gains and damages etc. I haven't thought of the specifics per say, just rather an idea of war focused vs OOW focused rituals.
    Thank you for your nice post Joeblogs. I'd like to go even further to analyze the current constraints on the game.

1. Deep-pumping especially with homes is rewarded.
    2. For deep-pumping you need a lot of gc.
    3. Thus you cannot deep-pump after a war due to no stacking time (EOW CF is short, troop costs are high).
    4. Thus everyone CFs each other on top and warring tier KDs waste way too much time prepping for the next war.
    5. Defensive play is too strong (dwarf/elf/halfer being the strongest races + barrier + fort).
    6. The current gains curve makes top-feeding in war way too strong which leads to pretty much endless conflicts.

In short:

1. Change rituals to slight positive effects.
    2. Separate fortified effects and remove aggressive.
    3. Significantly reduce troop cost and losses on non-land attacks OOW.
    4. REMOVE homes from the game or change its effects.
    5. Uncap science and CURVE it again.
    6. Revamp honor effects.

So really, please discuss the 6 above points. For those more interested in the exact implementation you can read the piece between quotes.

Last edited by DavidC; 08-07-2017 at 17:01.

Administrator
    Bart, all of that seems like suggestions for next age changes. We will have another broadcast closer to age reset where we can dedicate the entire time to fielding questions from viewers / topics for next age discussion.

I like to post
    Bart, all of that seems like suggestions for next age changes. We will have another broadcast closer to age reset where we can dedicate the entire time to fielding questions from viewers / topics for next age discussion.
    I see. My bad I thought we were going to discuss this age's mechanics and then ways to improve it. But perhaps youd want to keep it more broadly then. So let me rephrase it:

1. will the devs work on making this game less stack/prep dependent (through things such as removal of homes or reduction of troop costs among others).
    2. Will the devs work on decreasing the importance of CF management (decreasing troop costs, increasing/improving eow cf).
    3. Are the devs open to further personalization of provinces based on choice, allowing each individual player to steer his or her project (=prov) in their way of choosing.
    4. Will the devs aim to have a balanced set of races and psrsonalities next age instead of only 6-7 viable race/pers picks (if you play competitively).
    5. I hope by now you realize that a SIGNIFICANT part of this community is not US or EU. In fact for me personally the large majority of players I play with are from Asia or Australia. I see you've overlooked them once again by both scheduling the podcast during their night time and not even bothering to include their timezones in the starting time. I do not think its with bad intentions but I cannot but conclude that this very aftive and loyal part of your playerbase is overlooked. My question is whether youd be open to starting the next age on a time that is favorable for Asians unlike the last 72 ages whereby theyd mostly start around 1-2 AM for them.

Edit:if you want Id happily join in on the podcast tomorrow to explain my ideas. At the same time it would be a chance for the community to finally see their true hero in flesh and blood

Edit2: Would also increase your views!
    Last edited by Bart of Sparta; 08-07-2017 at 23:55.

Can the devs perma ban bart from the uto forums for 1 age to see what effect it has on the game :-)
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Probably lower page requests and less ad revenue

Administrator
    There are no ads in the Forums. Please let's stay on topic!

Strategy Moderator
    heres a question i'd think everyone benefits from.

Given u guys said u thought that t/ms should should have enough def that they can get hit once almost twice by pure attackers are u satisfied where the dwarf/feary/elf meta shifted to this age. I.e. where hybrids cant break hybrids and pure attackers are so easy to down that the only way pure attackers can bring down a kd of hybrids is a insanely long hostile...yet the introduction of instant war makes that concept even harder to execute?

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Probably lower page requests and less ad revenue
    Yes, please! This is especially annoying on Mobile!!!

There are no ads in the Forums. Please let's stay on topic!
    Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    Can the devs perma ban bart from the uto forums for 1 age to see what effect it has on the game :-)
    LOL Hey now this is off-topic, but can we? JK!

I would like to discuss how ops are going alongside with the rituals mechanics.
    Last edited by Panthira; 11-07-2017 at 03:37.

Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    He was permabanned for a year didn't have much impact.

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    He was permabanned for a year didn't have much impact.
    Actually during that year the playerbase declined. After my ban ended it stablized/went slightly up.

Thread Information