Thread: Homes effect on BE

Post Demon

Homes effect on BE

I could use some guidance and if possible numbers on the effect of Homes on BE to make the right decission on what draft to go with and how many homes I'll want to be using.

For instance if I draft 50% what is the effect of 5% homes, 10%, 15% and so forth.

What is the same effect on 55% draft, 60% draft, 65% draft, 70% draft and 75% draft?

I normally use few or no homes and often ends up with 70-75% BE even on maxed science, and while I have no intention on going heavy on homes since I build for durability, I would really like to avoid BE dropping that low.

The easiest way is to just use one of the province sheets floating around but if you like pen and paper:

BE (neglecting prisoners) = 50*( 1 + MIN( Peons / ( Jobs *0.67 ) ,1 ) ) * BEMods

BE (neglecting prisoners, barren acres) = 50*( 1 + MIN( (Max Pop - Military - Wizards) / ( (Acres-Homes) *25 *0.67 ) ,1 ) ) * BEMods

BE (neglecting prisoners, barren acres) = 50*( 1 + MIN( ( (Acres*25 + Homes*10)*PopMods - Military - Wizards) / ( (Acres-Homes) *25 *0.67 ) ,1 ) ) * BEMods

BE (neglecting prisoners, barren acres, pop mods, BE mods) = 50*( 1 + MIN( ( (Acres*25 + Homes*10) * (1-Draft%) - Wizards) / ( (Acres-Homes) *25 *0.67 ) ,1 ) )

So for 50% draft, assuming 1wpa (not factored into draft)
    BE = 50* ( 1 + MIN( ( (1*25 + 0*10) * (1 - .5) - 1 ) / ( (1-0) *25 *.67) ,1 ) ) = 84.4%

theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Time is another dimensional variable to consider as BE doesn't settle to its target point instantly. BE can be manipulated by micromanaging your draft/rebuild sequence so that you can be on max draft with max BE without any homes at x wave time, allowing it to collapse hour by hour thereafter.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Post Demon
    Thanks a lot it was something exactly like this I was looking for, for a long term strategic investement, the few homes I had are being made into laboratories to help speed up scientists spawning and with current draft and science I would expect arround 80-81% BE when fully phased in and the possibility to get arround 100% BE once science is maxed out, even if I do not put those buildings back into homes, it looks like I should stop wizard production arround 1wpa I guess my normal aim for 2wpa would be the same as drafting 4% higher which is why I end up with BE equivalent of that last table normally.

anyone make progress on BE rate of change?

Veteran
    Tried to figure out the formula some time ago, but it changes relatively fast. One can't abuse it with high homes pumping it up before a war at least, effect is gone too fast, which kinda made me lose interest.
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uhm hoi View Post
    Tried to figure out the formula some time ago, but it changes relatively fast. One can't abuse it with high homes pumping it up before a war at least, effect is gone too fast, which kinda made me lose interest.
    Have you experimented with War Spoils? I'm not a mechanical numbers guy, but I could see some sophisticated navigation in this regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    The easiest way is to just use one of the province sheets floating around but if you like pen and paper:

BE (neglecting prisoners) = 50*( 1 + MIN( Peons / ( Jobs *0.67 ) ,1 ) ) * BEMods

BE (neglecting prisoners, barren acres) = 50*( 1 + MIN( (Max Pop - Military - Wizards) / ( (Acres-Homes) *25 *0.67 ) ,1 ) ) * BEMods

BE (neglecting prisoners, barren acres) = 50*( 1 + MIN( ( (Acres*25 + Homes*10)*PopMods - Military - Wizards) / ( (Acres-Homes) *25 *0.67 ) ,1 ) ) * BEMods

BE (neglecting prisoners, barren acres, pop mods, BE mods) = 50*( 1 + MIN( ( (Acres*25 + Homes*10) * (1-Draft%) - Wizards) / ( (Acres-Homes) *25 *0.67 ) ,1 ) )

So for 50% draft, assuming 1wpa (not factored into draft)
    BE = 50* ( 1 + MIN( ( (1*25 + 0*10) * (1 - .5) - 1 ) / ( (1-0) *25 *.67) ,1 ) ) = 84.4%

Love this stuff.

Sans "i was born L33t"

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Uhm hoi View Post
    You can most definitely homes pumping it up before a war. Quite powerfully so. But only for the first wave - but in a turtling (this age) / tm heavy meta that first wave can be quite crucial.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

I know I dont talk often here ( very few post I know) but as a T/M this age, I like to play with very high homes until the first war wave. ATM I am at 30% packed military, wpa/tpa like a monster but still at 100% BE. Once war is declared, I plan to switch 15% of those homes on whatever the needs are vs the kd we face. With the ridiculous amount of building creds we receive this age with WWs, it's very easy to double speed any build for free ( minus the raze cost).

Thread Information