Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disalow tags like PSO agreed war, hostile etc

Post Demon

Disalow tags like PSO agreed war, hostile etc

Have encountered a lot of randomming kingdoms with tags like those and I do not think they should get more protection against randoms themself.

You could make all name changes subject to approval first or take away the monarchs ability to change a name instantaniously by forcing them on a cooldown or make it impossible unless they have a good reason to want to change names. Of course subtle or direct threaths should not be allowed as names either.

Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    Have encountered a lot of randomming kingdoms with tags like those and I do not think they should get more protection against randoms themself.

You could make all name changes subject to approval first or take away the monarchs ability to change a name instantaniously by forcing them on a cooldown or make it impossible unless they have a good reason to want to change names. Of course subtle or direct threaths should not be allowed as names either.
    There is no protection...

Scribe
    Making name changes subject to approval would just increase admin work, and I don't see how delaying/preventing name changes really adds anything to solve this problem. You might as well get rid of tags (and banners) completely, and that would be a real shame as they add colour and a fun aspect to the game.

Is fake tagging a problem that we should address by removing the ability to legitimately tag? I would say no. I think it is good that KDs have a way to communicate their intentions/status - yes, including threats of retal - even if not all KDs are honest about them. You aren't forced to obey a tag, and you are free to SN to see what your target KD is up to. Tagging hostile/war agreed is a mixed bag for the KD doing it, too - there's no shortage of people who actively seek such kingdoms out as they are perceived to have lower ability to retal.

I have toyed with suggesting a KD page or throne indicator along the lines of the current 'kingdom is at war', that would indicate based solely on ingame meter points if/how many other kingdoms are hostile against the target KD. I'm sure there are problems I haven't thought of.

Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post

Personally I see those sort of tags as a free for all everything you can eat buffet, and I know a lot of other players who thinks the same thing. I don't really think it affords them any protection at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
    Making name changes subject to approval would just increase admin work,
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
    Is fake tagging a problem that we should address by removing the ability to legitimately tag? I would say no.
    +1
    Last edited by Elldallan; 12-07-2017 at 09:11.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Enthusiast
    It is incredible what people focus on these days. You are basically asking kingdoms to tell you if they are busy or not based on their kingdom name.
    Snatch News was implemented for a reason…
    If you are in range do a “snatch news” and wave them if YOU judge it is not a hostile.
    All these “house rules” are pushing the game to an advanced “Cookie Clicker” game.
    Last edited by Darkmoore; 12-07-2017 at 10:37.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    There is no protection...
    Agreed. It's a courtesy tag that is occasionally abused. You can either respect it or not per your judgement.

I like to post
    Solution: KD names can only be changed last 2 days of the age. This means that you will always play an entire age with the name you finished with on the charts.

Enthusiast
    Solution: use "Snatch News"

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmoore View Post
    Solution: use "Snatch News"
    Or don't, SN wastes valuable stealth resources(as it's a 3% op and harder than SoT). If they're not in war they're fair game.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    Or don't, SN wastes valuable stealth resources(as it's a 3% op and harder than SoT). If they're not in war they're fair game.
    Pretty sure you and your kd would complain if you got double hostiled or even more. :))

Post Fiend
    There is no need for that. There's already a war proposal system in place, and tagging your kd as "PSO" or "Hostile" is simply broadcasting "hey, hit us! We won't retal because we're engaged somewhere else!"

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elmoheadbutt View Post
    There is no need for that. There's already a war proposal system in place, and tagging your kd as "PSO" or "Hostile" is simply broadcasting "hey, hit us! We won't retal because we're engaged somewhere else!"
    Depends on your honour; if i see a tag like "War Agreed PSO", I move on. Or "No War PSO" we don't wave looking for a war; I guess a Warrior's code of sort. Same time, there isn't any honour among thieves...

-DM <3

Post Demon
    well my entire point was that some, not all, tend to respect tags like these yet when people use them and random that makes the value of the tag lose legitimacy for people in actual hostile or agreed war situations. Hence I would rather see no one use the tag than having to determine who has something going on and who does not, or being forced to considder everyone who tag up a liar and thus fair game.

Forum Fanatic
    The Devs have alot better things to do than worry with trivial issues such as this. Respect it or dont. Thats your call.Everyone as mentioned sees them and views them different. Kds on the receiving end will respond how they see fit later also.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    @Madchess just because a few ppl utilize something for the wrong reasons does not mean that it should be taken away from the majority. You end up with silly things like Prohibition.

Even in your example, I've had to randomly hit out for land during hostilities to protect elites and have incoming acres without moving the bar; sucks to be on the receiving end of that, but i usually don't hit anon and if i get 'bushed, props to them. That didn't make me a liar, because we were hostile.

Also keep in mind PSO starts with "please"

-DM<3

Thread Information