Thread: Remove population bonus from homes

Postaholic

Remove population bonus from homes

Homes are probably the most overpowered building in the game and are basically the entire reason excessive pumping exists due to the extra pop space they provide. This ultimately slows the game down as people want to be uber pumped before engaging and promotes arranged wars with very specific dates so kds can adjust builds at the exact correct moment.

Instead, make homes allow peasants to work more than 1.5 jobs so you can still get the BE advantage that the current less jobs/more peasants homes provide.

Homes currently give 3 substantial bonuses, birth rate, additional max pop, and somewhat indirectly, BE bonus. Eliminating one will still make them viable imo, although it will "dumb down" the game somewhat (at the expense of making it more fun).

I like to post
    You thief! However I do support this proposal. For posterity though Id want to make it clear this was my idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    Homes are probably the most overpowered building in the game and are basically the entire reason excessive pumping exists due to the extra pop space they provide. This ultimately slows the game down as people want to be uber pumped before engaging and promotes arranged wars with very specific dates so kds can adjust builds at the exact correct moment.

Instead, make homes allow peasants to work more than 1.5 jobs so you can still get the BE advantage that the current less jobs/more peasants homes provide.

Homes currently give 3 substantial bonuses, birth rate, additional max pop, and somewhat indirectly, BE bonus. Eliminating one will still make them viable imo, although it will "dumb down" the game somewhat (at the expense of making it more fun).
    Plazas were removed from the game for a reason.

The purpose of homes isnt to be uber pumped, though that is a side effect, rather it is to enter a war on negative peasants and max be since you can basically overpop yourself by use of their mechanic, so that you can maximize use of the space of the land you have. Your suggestion isn't going to change anything. Whether I pump on 80 homes, or 80 banks at 25 draft, it's still not something you're going to do in a ghetto. If you don't like it, build an orc or undead next age that doesnt suck, and raze into top KDs that are pumping on no defense.
    Last edited by Ovenmitt; 15-07-2017 at 10:15.
    -- Freedom Valley - Cartoon Networth - Harsh Cheeses - HaLL of FORCE - The Fantastic Trollfags - Polar Bears - Simians - Pew Pew - RoO - Mango Unchained - RoO

Regular
    i didn't do my homework on this but at a glance this might have quite the opposite desired effect. non chained provs (or worst, hard shelled) ending war at low drafts are able to get to a decent draft levels at eowcf end because of homes - i think the majority of kds out there use frequently 20-30 homes in eowcf to speed draft up. so they would want even more time to pump (to decency not war ready), slowing the game even more.

Post Fiend
    Not everybody uses Homes and they are used situationally by different players at different times ... id say no to this suggestion - i dont think they are overpowered ... not if Farms or Training Grounds are not...
    Live long and prosper

I like to post
    The major function of homes in the larger meta is that it rewards longer stacking times, meaning that KDs that war are inevitably at a disadvantage against those that wait/stack. In EOW CF + 3 days you can at best get off a 30-40% homes pump, whereas those that wait can do an 80% homes pump. Huge diff!

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    The major function of homes in the larger meta is that it rewards longer stacking times, meaning that KDs that war are inevitably at a disadvantage against those that wait/stack. In EOW CF + 3 days you can at best get off a 30-40% homes pump, whereas those that wait can do an 80% homes pump. Huge diff!
    if i'm a war kd or a ghetto idgaf about your advantage and huge diff because i will never war you. yeah you can take some land and we'll see it from there (we cf, you get opped in forever host, you raze me down etc etc). so if your a warring kd you don't get your war and burn your cash stacks, if your whoring you maybe get some land, burn your cash stock, maybe get dragged in endless host - anyway you're chosing the worst investment for your "stocking". so in order that for the stocking to matter we both must we growth kds (care about the land lost) or agree to war (low chance of that with the huge diff your picturing) or you wanna kill my kd because ... something.

so who's meta is that? growth kds and maybe top 20 charting kds?
    for the growth kds that's part of the long term strategy (some luck maybe too :P), who gets best positioned to be able to stock peacefully (btw they would still be able to do that). for the other, except grudge scenarios the war is agreed/discussed in advance so if i go into a war where i cant 80% pump and the enemy can without some other kind of advantage that's on me...

not to mention that i'd like to see someone who can stock, as you're describing, outside growth and top warring tier.
    Last edited by drakon; 15-07-2017 at 12:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    Cap province gold at 1000x acres. Add a function to banks to increase it by some trivial amount. No more stock pumping, forces gameplay, ends stagnation.
    -- Freedom Valley - Cartoon Networth - Harsh Cheeses - HaLL of FORCE - The Fantastic Trollfags - Polar Bears - Simians - Pew Pew - RoO - Mango Unchained - RoO

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovenmitt View Post
    Cap province gold at 1000x acres. Add a function to banks to increase it by some trivial amount. No more stock pumping, forces gameplay, ends stagnation.
    That only works if you give people meaningful "other" stuff to do with their gc though...

Thread Information