Thread: Hybrid A/t opa/dpa tpa/wpa

Veteran

Hybrid A/t opa/dpa tpa/wpa

Before I post my actual opa/dpa tpa/wpa id like opinions on what is considered good for a heavy hybrid attacker in the sense of these values.

I just want some information concerning these things because im curious what other people run. -- If there are still people who play hybrid out there.

Strategy Moderator
    A/t, hrm thats hard...i personally dont think a "good" heavy hybrid attacker exists. If you are gonna focus in that direction though theres a big difference between a rogue who hits, or a heretic who focus's on tpa over wpa?

Needs to get out more
    My approach to heavy hybrid is to cast on core and march on t/ms. Obviously I'm speaking of wpa hybrids. Oftentimes I can achieve casting ability vs halfer which is ideal to me. I'm an undead sage kind of guy. There's a lot of ugly target in this combination: ugly target defines itself, but deserves emphasis. I'm not a numbers guy, I just blob my strats till I get desired results.

Hybrid rogues have their weaknesess but I would imagine you can approach it with some expectations. I'm too much a slogger to consider this myself, but I have adopted a rogue hybrid built by a very experienced honor player. If you get a chance to adopt a well built hybrid I recommend it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Veteran

Thumbs up

im running hu/sage and have been considering running full on heavy attacker as it sits my opa is high enough but my dpa is rather lack luster, my tpa/wpa are decent for my size, but i should probably drop my wpa to be honest....

Ive been playing hybrids for a long time so im rather used to them, in my kingdom its expected for tms to run some offense to handle chain target as well making them some level of hybrid while maintaining that "UB" status.
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    My approach to heavy hybrid is to cast on core and march on t/ms. Obviously I'm speaking of wpa hybrids. Oftentimes I can achieve casting ability vs halfer which is ideal to me. I'm an undead sage kind of guy. There's a lot of ugly target in this combination: ugly target defines itself, but deserves emphasis. I'm not a numbers guy, I just blob my strats till I get desired results.

Hybrid rogues have their weaknesess but I would imagine you can approach it with some expectations. I'm too much a slogger to consider this myself, but I have adopted a rogue hybrid built by a very experienced honor player. If you get a chance to adopt a well built hybrid I recommend it.

Another human sage here:
    Currently running around 15 epa, 3 dspa, and 3.2 rtpa. Plus another 1.3 rwpa. Max pop and military sci. +100% thief sci. Thieves work on most ops. 275 opa can be hit with the right builds at full suicide. Can still turtle away at 125 dpa with all elites home. Balancing thieves den/ watch towers with all your military buildings is where it gets tricky. Fireballs are the only real killer, but high homes and naps abate the damage.

There are only 2 A/t atm
    Human Heretic has 9 buffs, more than any other combo. The + Gen alone makes it worth playing. Then you have 3 science buffs and Revelation
    Undead Rogue is overlooked for some reason? Its the only combo I play when using Undead. Plague plus kidnap/NS should be illegal. Oh yeah an Undead that can steal Gold and Runes.

Is there such a thing as Hybrid in todays Utopia? Attackers that cast and steal have been around a long time.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by kendy View Post
    There are only 2 A/t atm
    Human Heretic has 9 buffs, more than any other combo. The + Gen alone makes it worth playing. Then you have 3 science buffs and Revelation
    Undead Rogue is overlooked for some reason? Its the only combo I play when using Undead. Plague plus kidnap/NS should be illegal. Oh yeah an Undead that can steal Gold and Runes.
    My kd tried to hybrid undead rogue and went 0/2 oop. you simply cannot hybrid a race using tpa that needs to be involved in chaining as you gain acres so fast your tpa diltues and you dont really fill the roll of "theif".
    Magic is differnt because when chained u can still fb/ll and as u grow u can still fail fb's w/out losing tons of wpa to failed ops.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemia View Post
    im running hu/sage ...
    See this is y i asked are u running rogue or heretic. If your running human sage and going for a/t i'd say your more of a pure attacker that doesnt suck at oping other pure attackers. To that end like 2.5 wpa and 3.5 tpa are probubly enough then u can simply run as many leets as possible (full leet if u can)

If you were going for a "Real" a/t and u went rogue i'd push you go 7-8 raw tpa that hits and gains land only as u prop tpa, so more of a T/a....while heretic can probably get away with 4-4.5 raw tpa oping decently as you have 0 losses so just fail away and keep oping no matter what your tpa drops to.

@Persain: My kd tried to hybrid undead rogue and went 0/2 oop. you simply cannot hybrid a race using tpa that needs to be involved in chaining as you gain acres so fast your tpa diltues and you dont really fill the roll of "theif".

I understand gaining acres dilutes TPA but is that not true for every race? If I grew I spent gold/credits on Skels but I also could purchase Thfs as I could not buy Ghouls.
    I play in Ghetto Fight Club so proly a diff tier than You guys.

A TM that keeps chains down is not a hybrid. We get rid of TMs who say they won't attack at all.
    Last edited by kendy; 15-07-2017 at 13:13. Reason: its Saturday Yeah!

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by kendy View Post
    @Persain: My kd tried to hybrid undead rogue and went 0/2 oop. you simply cannot hybrid a race using tpa that needs to be involved in chaining as you gain acres so fast your tpa diltues and you dont really fill the roll of "theif".

I understand gaining acres dilutes TPA but is that not true for every race? If I grew I spent gold/credits on Skels but I also could purchase Thfs as I could not buy Ghouls.
    I play in Ghetto Fight Club so proly a diff tier than You guys.

A TM that keeps chains down is not a hybrid. We get rid of TMs who say they won't attack at all.
    yes its true of every race to a point.

As a rogue u are going to be eating MS or suseptible to NM waves, so my arguement against training in war is as say an undead your never going to be unbrekable, training more tpa just means more tpa is gone when your finally chained. It'd be better to aid away spare gc to someone who can grow safely than tring to train an extra .5 tpa or 1 dspec/acre. A halfer or feary rouge may be able to mitigate this by being mostly unbreakable and slowly hitting/proping up tpa but im not sure i'd say thats really an A/T more of a t/m who attacks.

As a heretic you can run more a/t because diluted tpa means nothing, failed ops dont cost you. (my last war i started 3.5 tpa->1.5 tpa JUST doing sot/som's as a non heretic lol) Just keep failing since your tpa only dilutes via growing not failing. However i'd go point out magic on a heretic is more usefull than theivary, i'd only go a/t as a hereitc if i'd been massacred last war and havent had time to pump back into a/m.

Current stats, quite succesfull doing nasty damage with ops while hitting offense heavy attackers.

Dwarf heretic
    16 epa
    4.5 tpa
    6 wpa
    120% crime sci
    150% channeling sci
    ~3 ppa with some homes and housing sci.

Needs to get out more
    In addition to what kendy was saying, it requires an understanding of why ghettos are bad. Persain is correct in a properly setup kingdom: send stuff to the ones who can make it into a retainable strength.

The reality is that the ghetto is wrought with well meaning but largely inactive t/ms. Sending things to provinces that squander magnificent opportunity is impractical. Ask me how many wars have the t/ms been inactive at a long and well known wave time?

I don't have a problem with missing the wave, I have a problem with the t/ms not casting CS on themselves and having their wpa gutted, lol.

So the alternatives are not just to do it yourself, but to create baiting scenarios to free up other actives. I train in war and hope to redirect enemy fire. Because if they don't I will use my newfound power. Ghetto war is very much about breakaway runners. I've seldom seen aid in years of ghetto warring, but factually I noticed the same in competitive/toppish warring. No offense to those guys, but they have preconceived notions about what it takes to win and luckily I have a wealth of experience being ignored when promised aid never arrives. That may seem unqualified, but apparently they sense not wackamole no matter how formidable they reportedly are. Unlike most runners my endeavor was never acres but position. Plus being a breakaway is happenstance unless the enemy is planning an honor farm. You should, as a battle forged attacker, know when this takes place.

I'm afraid the differences are great enough in method that certain builds make sense in certain tiers. If you're ghetto and want to be useful, you have to cover all basses. For many wars I've been the guy sending the most timely aid the most; maybe not the greatest bulk. It's not because I'm better, it's because I'm empathetic and boast top activity.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 16-07-2017 at 13:39.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Folle View Post
    Current stats, quite succesfull doing nasty damage with ops while hitting offense heavy attackers.

Dwarf heretic
    16 epa
    4.5 tpa
    6 wpa
    120% crime sci
    150% channeling sci
    ~3 ppa with some homes and housing sci.
    With a meta race/combo personality - the degree of impressiveness is slightly diminished.

Dwarf Rogue

15.4 Epa
    5 Tpa
    5 Wpa

doing ok... not maxed sci but i can hit cores(armies out) and mess with TM

Thread Information