Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: #1 vs #2 in honour Game On

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shai View Post
    Faery Paladin and Dryad Tactician is the two most underrated race/personality choices of the age :)

Good show by both kds!
    If I would have understood the new gain system my core would have been dryad tact. Dryad tact was close to being our core as is. We have two this age and they are complete beast.

I disagree on faery paladins though, my halflings have completely eaten every one of them for breakfast.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSilva View Post
    Is asking "who has more faeries" a way of predicting? =P
    Yes?
    I confirmed again on page 3 when people were praising Ruthless's chains.

I'll take $10,000 in an inflatable pool full of quarters

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearted View Post
    If I would have understood the new gain system my core would have been dryad tact. Dryad tact was close to being our core as is. We have two this age and they are complete beast.

I disagree on faery paladins though, my halflings have completely eaten every one of them for breakfast.
    Halfling rogues counter any magic based province, that doesn't mean the thing they counter isn't powerful. Actually, between mystics, heretics and paladins, at least paladins get illuminate to protect themselves a little bit more.

On a possible nerf to the mighty faery paladin, perhaps faery shouldn't have access to meteors and nightmares, just like they don't have access to paladin spells. Makes Mystics and heretics a bit more unique, while faery paladins don't get to collect massive amounts of honour with blanketing meteors and keeping the rest of the mana for buffing the kingdom. Without meteors and nightmares, the honour mods on our faeries wouldn't have gotten this high and people would need to make a more conscious choice between the magic persona's. I'm personally enjoying faery paladin a lot, so I think it'd be a loss to remove it entirely.
    Last edited by Uhm hoi; 22-07-2017 at 16:38.
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Uhm hoi View Post
    Halfling rogues counter any magic based province, that doesn't mean the thing they counter isn't powerful. Actually, between mystics, heretics and paladins, at least paladins get illuminate to protect themselves a little bit more.
    That's why I ran faery rogue but my focus was on magic. ;) Granted it still isn't as good as other combo but having nm, amnesia and ms has been fun. Also anyone else notice prop hasn't been getting very much honor?

I'd love to piggy-back on some of Night's commentary but can't say too much.

I will say that I pushed for faery paladin destruction right away, if not by rogue power, thru massacre. You never received it. I knew you guys were the beating heart of the war machine.

Also, the 9-10 massacres on me sucked, but I tried to be a nuisance enough to focus your attention on me as much as possible.

Better to remove WPA from Mystics first imo. Paladins are nice to have but that's it. MS will win your war for you long-term.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    Better to remove WPA from Mystics first imo. Paladins are nice to have but that's it. MS will win your war for you long-term.
    What are mystics and how do I get one?

You have to select them as a personality when creating your province :)
    I can play one for you to EoA if you have an invite ready or can spare 40 credits for it.
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Noobs has no mystics

Hence the name? Keke

Needs to get out more
    I would qualify this by skill. I've run attackers in some incredibly long wars prior to this age. Particular to this subject was a couple ages ago when I ran a human cleric with the stacked reduction in troop losses.

As the war progressed I once again erected StratOs Famous NW dmz. My kingdom was hard pressed to understand the establishment of space control till we were up to 3 attackers. I was well braced but had to be careful partly because of my playing style: I don't move scientists as a challenge idiom, and the enemy had maxed military.

They had ferocious gains to acre ratio, and thus I left many elites at home even blanketed with MS. You play more topside, Matija, so this is probably more common. Human income was nice because I could fluidly reinvigorate my elite levels so long as I remained stalled in my nw zone. This also minimized their sporadic but determined NM runs. They were a good enemy.

Sadly we lost the t/m battle as we have the casuals in my sector. No fault, just the enemies t/m activity was inline with progressive kingdom make. I'd hoped the style I demonstrated would inspire my kingdom mates to rethink their approach to warring. That micro by initiative can be as important as structural chaining.

You see my friends, don't look at things as only this or only that. I could handle MS so I ate them. It was better to establish a nw/acre zone than to chain and forget the guy you chained yesterday. This is one of the weaknesses of thinking in standards, particularly in the ghetto where it makes much less sense.

By swath of generality, Matija is correct. There are almost always exceptions to the rule. Paladin can be very strategic. It is more breakable, but it does something I've urged many kingdoms to do rather than hopelessly fund a dragon: it bolsters the players.

My argument about funding dragons is that you're putting your faith in autopilot instead of your people. Again, I'm not saying "don't fund dragons" I'm saying it can be a strategic disaster vs pushing your players. We can call aid micro and dragon funding macro, but we should start smearing these identities into symbiosis. One will serve the other. Finding the median is the question.

Enough of my jibber-jabber. Most of the time MS is the business. I've got 3 elf mystics in The Virtual Kingdom because I think everyone deserves MS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Regular
    We learn from our mistakes , it's all good . Nothing but a good lesson . When i agreed to war with you guys , we had a few choices , but the annoyed steward who said that he is ruthless and keeped on calling us fake ruthless , kinda hurt my feelings a little bit :) . And it was the most viable target at that time (unless we would take targets lower than us , which is not in our nature, unless luck hits us in the face) . I honestly believe that things would have been WAY different if the n00bz (not you guys the other n00b kingdom) would have not waved all our T/M's before going to war with u guys . That was totally not cool , we lost ALOT because of it , but we went ahead. Still not cool , to send a message to a monarch that your going to war with another kingdom , state with who your are going to war , and 12 hours later you get waved . There's no freaking excuse in saying "the message was 5 hours old" . Dates on messages dont lie . And yes im talking to 4:6 who low played that. But it's ok , the North Remembers ;)

Some of us thought to jump at the T/M core , but we were strong enough on our ideas ,so ... we went with the flow ~omg they got so much offense , lets take down that first~ . And that costed us the war win.

Now after war we realize we could have done some things better , and be more focused on our plans . Not to excuse my kingdom , but towards the end (i believe you guys noticed as well ) our activity dropped , we were having 6 guys who just left mid war and set sitters . We keeped on looking for people who were either late for wave , or coming at :45 of wave time , there for .. ruining the ladder , or missing their role completly (caster/attacker/thief etc) . Yes , the halfer which we werent able to NM properly is what gave us the sign that to fight against the T/M core while maintaing alll humans who were chained at the bottom of the pit was an impossible fact . That added with our players being tired , gave us a quick response ... get some honour and land and walk away .

Since this age will probably give both kingdom one more war till EoA , and there is some rebuild , replacing some players who are not ment for this style of play/activity that both kingdom have shown (i mean Rare you find 25 active and 24 active in the same hour at war several times) , maybe a rematch is in order next age .

I believe we holded our own pretty well , given fact that the Ruthless core comes back to play utopia (this is our second age , except me who lingered a bit more) after around 10 years of not playing this game . We will get better at it , and maybe next age if we war again , we will win :)

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    Wow great summaries and those numbers! Exciting war guys, thanks for posting it.

-DM <3

Yes, the account sitting was exhausting. 3-4 were 24/7 from the start and were all key players and roles. 2-3 others had to be sat on the same wave rotation every day and were key roles, and ofc during the worst time for GMT -5 sitters. Hope that NEVER happens again!

Veteran
    We were dealing with some pretty bad times as well. Misses Nox did not enjoy my alarm at 3:45 when I was suppost to lead a wave between 04:00 and 05:00.
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Thread Information