Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones season 7 (may contain spoilers)

Game of Thrones season 7 (may contain spoilers)

Pretty certain to contain spoilers

Episode 1:
    Don't skip the bit before opening credits. It starts with scenes from previous seasons, but also contains new material you don't want to miss
    Tormund still has an (awkward) eye on Brienne
    Liana Mormont shows us what feminism should be about
    The Hound strats looking for redemption

People keep asking this guy for restricted books:

Misc:

Walder Frey way back in his fighting days when he liked hot water, good dentishtry and shoft lavatory paper:
    Last edited by Landro; 24-07-2017 at 08:34.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    My thoughts:

-Nothing Bran said identified him as Bran Stark.
    -Ed Sheeran really killed the immersion for me. I had to go back and rewatch the scene to actually catch the details.
    -Dragonstone, a very important tactical position for Westeros along with being the obvious place that Dany and her army will try to land......and it's abandoned so that Dany can literally just stroll in, tear down a banner, and occupy it. I get that they dumb down the show a bit, but good god.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    My thoughts:

-Nothing Bran said identified him as Bran Stark.
    -Ed Sheeran really killed the immersion for me. I had to go back and rewatch the scene to actually catch the details.
    -Dragonstone, a very important tactical position for Westeros along with being the obvious place that Dany and her army will try to land......and it's abandoned so that Dany can literally just stroll in, tear down a banner, and occupy it. I get that they dumb down the show a bit, but good god.
    Yeah, the Bran bit was a bit weird

As for Dragonstone, you'd expect there to be some booby traps for the first person through the gates which made it all the worse for her to be in front.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I mean I get that they were getting at a "there's bigger problems than a crippled wildling being allowed to pass through the wall" type of thing, but the way the actual conversation played out was just weird/funny

"Who are you?"
    "I'm a Reed and he's a Stark."
    How do I know that?"
    "I saw you at hardhome"
    "Well **** come on in guys"

Lol

SPOILER ALERT DO NOT READ THIS...

Jon Snow is the bastard son of Rhaegar Targaryen The Mad King, and Lyanna Stark, Ergo he is Stormborn. He will discover his Dragon powers to conscript the 3 Dragons using them to lay waist to the white walkers thereby winning the crucial showdown. This is why the First book is called Song of Fire and Ice.

This is speculation I do not have inside knowledge

Dragonstone belongs to Stannis, the red priestess Melisandre of Asshai, tried to convince him to let her raise the "stone dragon" of the castle through blood magic, but Lord Davos Seaworth convinced Stannis to go north to the Wall to help the Night's Watch instead. As Stannis is dead maybe thats why its empty?

Remember Hodor
    Last edited by kendy; 18-07-2017 at 23:57. Reason: halfman made me.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Ummm...

Rhaegar wasn't the mad king. That was Aerys (II). Rhaegar was his son.

Unless he was born in a storm, he is not stormborn. Stormborn is just a nickname, not a title or anything.

The show pretty much confirmed R+L=J

The first book is called A Game of Thrones.

And no, it's empty because the show writers are either lazy, sloppy, or purposely left it empty so they wouldn't need to waste time and/or money on a battle or seige to take it. It's occupied and used for potentially important things in the books

Director of Age Changes
    Dragonstone should be in the Tyrells custody (by Cersei's permission). Since they all died in the Sept of Baelor... I guess D&D just like to **** up things.

The fact that Euron suddenly has a thousand strong fleet (even after 'Yara' stole 100 ships) bothered me a lot more. Just seemed like random retcon balancing to make the bad guys a threat.
    Last edited by Avenger; 19-07-2017 at 03:29.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Daenerys sometimes calls herself Daenerys Stormborn hence my confusion. Aerys is indeed The Mad King. Queen Rhaella Targaryen was the sister wife and queen of King Aerys II Targaryen and the only daughter of King Jaehaerys II Targaryen and his sister wife, Queen Shaera Targaryen. Her grandfather was King Aegon V Targaryen. Rhaella was the mother of Prince Rhaegar, Prince Viserys, and Princess Daenerys. So they are double double Targaryen.

During his youth, Aerys befriended the young heir to Casterly Rock, Tywin Lannister, who served as a page at the royal court. Aerys also befriended the heir to Storm's End, his cousin, Steffon Baratheon. The three became inseparable.

Rhaegar was the son of the Mad King Aerys, and older brother to Daenerys and Viserys Targaryen. Lyanna was the only daughter of Rickard Stark, and sister to Ned, Benjen, and Brandon. They begot the bastard Jon Snow.

Jon Snow is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna, that means Daenerys is his aunt. Plus Ned is his uncle, Sansa, Arya, and Bran are all Jon's cousins.

Daenerys was born on Dragonstone during the worst storm in Westeros's recorded history, Stormborn

The dragons belonged to House Targaryen, who had brought them from Valyria when they went into exile. Over the course of one hundred and fifty years the Targaryens rode their dragons as a symbol of their power. King Jaehaerys I Targaryen took six dragons with him to the north to visit the Warden of the North

Regardless of their origin, the Valyrians mastered the art of raising dragons and used them as weapons of war to carve out a massive empire. According to legend, a dragon may be tamed by sounding a dragon horn.

As Jon Snow is of Valerian decent as a Tagaryen, I still say he will ride one of the 3 Dragons. Maybe with his Aunt at his side against the white walkers. I mean he would if I wrote it cause it would look so swell. Only after half the continent is dead though. Gotta be some arrows, knifes, Valerian steel, rotting flesh, ghouls, skels, etc.

The first book is...
    A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yqVD0swvWU
    Last edited by kendy; 19-07-2017 at 20:08.

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    I thought this was a thread for musical chairs. My bad, carry on xoxo

-DM <3

Episode 2:
    Hotpie shows up again (fatter than before) and Cersei gets to live another day.
    Sam is breaking the rules again
    Eurion is thinning out the cast
    Danny starts to realise who her allies really are
    Randyl Tarly is still in no hurry to get his sword back
    Arya meets an old friend we haven't seen since the first season
    Grey Worm and Misandei get naked

Last edited by Landro; 24-07-2017 at 12:05.

Director of Age Changes
    Euron: From creepy magic user to crazy axe murderer. The writers are drunk.
    Tbh, the whole ironborn arc this season feels like distasteful deus ex machina.
    Last edited by Avenger; 24-07-2017 at 17:19.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    It's like they tried to mix Euron and Victarion into one character.

At least he killed the bad pooosies, so he's ok in my book lol

Director of Age Changes
    Bad pussy slayer. They were so ****. Where was the poison now? Ah, yes, plot convenience lul, along with the hundreds of mighty ironborn battlecruisers that were crafted from sticks and stones between the seasons.
    Last edited by Avenger; 24-07-2017 at 17:56.

Thread Information