Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Spartans v Spartans

This is why the top is a cesspool and playing in ghettos are far more enjoyable.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I realize things are heated and one poster was drunk posting, so I'll give one last reminder to play nicely

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Their allies, eh?
    They had no problem letting their allies get punished for their db. Isn't it more likely a preemptive strike to make sure the acres that Jesters were taking from Barcoloco aren't used against them somehow?
    Pandas are BB's allies. BB anticipated that Matija would help CR at some stage, which would give them a good reason to put Panda acres on their own prov. So Pandas now both managed to get CR off BB's ass during a conflict in which BB would've gotten absolutely farmed, AND managed to trasnfer their land to BB through Matija.

The price of a triple crown is steep for Pandas it seems!

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    This is why the top is a cesspool and playing in ghettos are far more enjoyable.
    This is actually true!
    Ghetto's are nubs though. I've received at least 5 abducts that gave the enemy 0 scientists! One abducted me for 0 and then tried another :(
    Some other dude retalled 2x for 1 each after I took 9 of him in 3 hits ;p

I like to post
    I'd like to rectify my statement on Divinity. Was a spur of the moment comment. Whatever Pandas did I dunno,but Div is clean AFAIK.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Their allies, eh?
    They had no problem letting their allies get punished for their db. Isn't it more likely a preemptive strike to make sure the acres that Jesters were taking from Barcoloco aren't used against them somehow?
    If that's actually the case they were worried for nothing. Our CF with BB would have been respected to the fullest.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Yeah, I totally buy the Panda BB marriage story. All astron ever does these days is brag about what a nice guy Judge is. Man he is so far gone, heaven help him.
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Postaholic
    Curious age in the top… quite hard to follow all the backs and forth though... but...:

Early age:

The two allied kingdoms Sparta1 and Sparta2 war each other. No dev interference, no community policing

Mid age:

Divinity and Barrcoloco arrange a war. War mechanism makes no hitting viable strategy. War concludes with very little hitting, but fierce oping – to the benefit of both kds. No dev interference, no community policing. Mild consensus from community seems the war not to be fake, but more or less an abuse of mechanics and not in the spirit of the game (?).

Late age:

Ed/cR/BANanas/ManGO (henceforth Erbango) notices BB. Both train up. BB and Erbango exchange and slays dragons and ops (and a few hits?). Barrcoloco notices into conflict (presumably to vulture Erbango post war), claiming no in-game hostile.

Erbango says the notice is in violation of terms (no notice into notice, and active ongoing conflict) and consequently a deal break. Most top monarchs and kds agree.

Erbango asks for notice to be retracted, Barco refuses. Erbango consequently considers notice deal being void and no CF being in effect and waves un-pumped Barco to avoid being vultured post-war. But not before BB accepts (actively or passively?) the policing by CFing Erbango.

Sparta2 joins policing and hits Barco.

BB turns around and considers the policing injust, breaks (EoA?) CF with Sparta2 and waves.

Unclear if BB considers Erbangos policing unjust, or just Spartans.

(Seemingly policing was ok when it got Erbango of their back and a free CF was offered, but not as ok when Spartans joined up. I’m a lil confused here tbh…)

Sparta1 and Sparta2 jumps into war with each other for the second time in the age. The smaller and less pumped Sparta1 is farming acres while Sparta2 suicides large attackers.

No police officers have yet to raze any acres (but then, no conflicts seem to be concluded yet).

Div being on top as everyone is involved in policing and/or being policed sits passive.

No dev intervention yet.

That pretty much sums the sequence of events up?
    Last edited by Tadpole; 19-07-2017 at 12:52.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Post Demon
    Mango folks, can we stop calling div/barco a fake war? It obviously wasnt, just because a war is mutually beneficial doesnt make it fake.

This spartans war could be fake if they make it fake, or they could actually op each other and each try to win and have it not be fake. Up to them.

Beyond that the question is over the ethics of dodge warring with allies even if not fake, does the server consider that okay?

If most people think no, then bb hitting in is as justifiable as our own waving of barco, again assuming that relative consensus is thst the war is either fake or ethically unacceptable.

Id certainly say that farming your ally to a crown is unacceptable. Just like us farming barco to a crown would be unacceptable and isnt going to happen.
    Last edited by Meep; 19-07-2017 at 12:31.

Tadpole only my KD joined the policing of Panda. There might be more mistakes in your post but that was a glaring one I couldn't just let slide.

how many more weeks of this do we have left?
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

I hope many many \:D/

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    Tadpole only my KD joined the policing of Panda. There might be more mistakes in your post but that was a glaring one I couldn't just let slide.
    Would have been cool if your guys were less greedy and stopped giving gbp to every single target we were trying to bounce down as soon as they saw low def.

It's hard being the king...

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    Noted :)
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Thread Information