Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Spartans v Spartans

Quote Originally Posted by cRs View Post
    That wasnt us :) fluffy I think?

Back on topic:

Congratz new owners for bringing old uto back!
    We have dbs, fake wars, non conbat wars You name it! We just need abs back and the new old utopia is back :)

/enjoying all this sh^tplay up there :)
    nah wasnt fluffy, i was with them when it happened. thought it was WSK but im mistaken :-p i remember a kd had 4 ww's and had them removed. anyways. kick from war remove WWs!
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    that escalated quickly...
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Akkadian/Taylor View Post
    again have you seen the papers? prov news? or are you just assuming what Bart says is true?
    Yes, I've looked at the papers. There are hits being exchanged. It's obviously grimey, but it's hard to say definitely illegal given what else has been allowed so far this age.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by sexual harassment panda View Post
    Yes, I've looked at the papers. There are hits being exchanged. It's obviously grimey, but it's hard to say definitely illegal given what else has been allowed so far this age.
    except the only other sketchy thing done this age (from a cheating/even remotely actionalable) was when spartans wared spartans oop and it didnt get actioned. could have been actioned then too

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thad View Post
    Jeff/David/Bishop need to do a thorough examination of this behavior and determine if action is necessary.

The comparison between Divinity/Barcoloco is not appropriate and any attempt to equate the two is misleading.

Despite their propaganda, Sparta and "Jesters" are no doubt allied. Divinity and Barcoloco are anything but and despite what anyone may think there was no prior collusion to make the war play out as it did. If Divinity should have been punished then I believe that the owners would have stepped in. An analysis of the numbers and activity from both sides would lead to the conclusion that Divinity was simply trying to eliminate their unit disadvantage before opening themselves up and were unable to do so. This is a consequence of the current mechanics and meta.
    The thing is hesus said earlier in this thread about the war:

it was their idea to war us and it helped them actaully on the land chart even not doing any attacks and only ops for 2 days til one last wd wave from div. we didnt know they would play it like that but we just took our chances. they ended up taking a bunch of honor and had lots of pool, we took a war win.. both kds were in a pretty good position after the war.
    That sounds like the kind of outcome that happens from a pre-arranged friendly war.

These are two different situations from a political standpoint for sure, but they are fairly similar situations in terms of actual game legality. That's a completely different standard than arguing whether or not this is a ****play that can be dealt with by a gb.

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    except the only other sketchy thing done this age (from a cheating/even remotely actionalable) was when spartans wared spartans oop and it didnt get actioned. could have been actioned then too
    A war with a tiny number of hits from one side where both sides gained an advantage certainly qualifies as being remotely actionable as well.

The fact of the matter is that neither war was actioned previously so there's really not much reason to definitively say that this is worse from a cheating standpoint. That's honestly my only point here.
    Last edited by sexual harassment panda; 19-07-2017 at 00:35.

Are arranged wars inherently fake? I feel like we need to revisit the definition. Surely if two kds can just op each other for 48 hours then explore in eowcf and switch off collecting the bonuses, nobody would ever leave war stance.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

the war between barcoloco and div is not comparable to this one and if thats your only argument then you are just judging.. it's not our fault that div decided to play the way they did..i was expecting a long war, and we played it that way. we hadnt arranged anything special to decide the outcome of the war. did bart and matija though? i bet yes

Functionalism and focus on intent is* an archaic method of ethical evaluation. Commonly practiced by the Bible crowd.
    Last edited by octobrev; 19-07-2017 at 00:56. Reason: definitely lacking a verb
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by hesus View Post
    the war between barcoloco and div is not comparable to this one and if thats your only argument then you are just judging.. it's not our fault that div decided to play the way they did..i was expecting a long war, and we played it that way. we hadnt arranged anything special to decide the outcome of the war. did bart and matija though? i bet yes
    Any outside opinion is inherently just judging. But just judging is what determines fake wars vs. real wars since the ones who's opinion matters (devs) don't play in any kd. All they have to go on are outcomes and papers and maybe if anyone is stupid enough to publicly admit their guilt.

Needs to get out more
    What I find fascinating about the top is how it meanders in the way professional wrestling has over the century. We know most wrestlers are really tough guys but at some point, jettisoned from their carney roots, began to find it lucrative to do a "work" or predetermined outcome.

When Shinra had their "hold my beer" moment they were immediately shattered, but I have yet to hear how that went down mechanically. There's some mystery with the method tops use to crush would be analysts, or us ghetto ridden players are rife with ignorant and unobservant players.

I can say that in brief encounters outside of the top I see things I don't see elsewhere. I've also noted, in near top experience(when occupying a core province), situations that could be deemed FW. My logic follows that if one has participated in top warring there are things I shouldn't immediately recognize, but I did. The most notable was the convention of war was not different. Second most notable were the mistakes like not engaging the killer/calf belt. And the predictable loss. It wasn't as if some unseen things were going on and simply failed. These were the same losses I've seen in kingdoms below the charts. In wrestling this is known as selling well, or the other guy is honestly kicking your ass. It's close.

FW is too easy to get away with for it to be handled efficiently by the devs. What with all the obedient core only doing what they're told. And I see the depth of the problem because the charts funnel into kingdoms that demand more and more control. The cores(many) are left naive to the total scope of war. I also find the lack of curiosity frighteningly nonexistent.
    Few admire the savvy of their enemy and simply get angry. Whereas the very few are looking at what the enemy is doing, how they're setting pace, and asking ourselves "what are we doing that's predictable?"

It doesn't frustrate me because it's not my world. I find it mysterious and cool if it's real and cool if it isn't. Wrestling is real because whenever someone says it isn't they get body slammed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Disobedient core looking for a new home

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike^ View Post
    the top need you matjia and bart to refelect all there bad play to you, you know what people like coss, persian, flogger, hesus is after you something is up, all they do all day is sit and wonder when next to ****play, but hey they just lie you dont.
    game is **** for number of reasons. one being you forget who you are. your lack of loyalty is offensive

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    Man, I don't even have an opinion.
    Me too, but i have 7 pages more to read with my morning coffe. AT lest they forum drama proper!
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by cRs View Post
    That wasnt us :) fluffy I think?

Back on topic:

Congratz new owners for bringing old uto back!
    We have dbs, fake wars, non conbat wars You name it! We just need abs back and the new old utopia is back :)

/enjoying all this sh^tplay up there :)
    Seriously, seems like a bad day to leave my phone at work, I'm missing all the dramzzzzz.

Gonna need a Summary, who's fighting who?

Regular
    Its a clear fake war. Jesters have near 18 mil off near 19 mil def compared to spartans little over 12 mil off/def. What ghetto would lose with those numbers? It would be a ghetto that is farming out, clearly.

Thread Information