Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welcome our new Forum Moderator!

Welcome.
    PEW PEW PEW!

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Was hoping for a Selena. Got a Katy.

#Sad

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy_Wolfie View Post
    Hi Shrinky,

I started playing in 2009 (age 44) back when gnomes and dark elves were still here. I ended up in a lot of random ghettos that were just a group of people not really interested in working together. I eventually found my way into a kingdom that taught me the game properly instead of me reading guides and trying to work it out on my own from there. I stayed with them for while then they decided to disband so I took a break for quite a while. I came back in age 66 and was randomed into a great kingdom that I'm still with. There has been some membership and leadership changes but the core is still there. We aren't a top kingdom but usually quite active and great fun to play with and chat with outside of the game too.

My memories from the beginning, I never got to play Dark Elf but I did play Gnome one age and I thought it was really fun at first, but very quickly became boring since my kingdoms weren't warring being a turtle wasn't great after you get pumped. So I'm really enjoying the recent push towards more hybrid style play and allowing T/Ms to be encouraged to have some offensive as well. I'm super happy with my province right now, it's great fun and I feel strong without being so OP that it's stupid. I love that the community aspect is really encouraged to get full enjoyment of the game, that's very important. I remember having spreadsheets and using Angel for a lot of things and with Munk now built-in, I'm loving that as well! I can easily order buildings without have to copy and paste a bunch of numbers and it's practically impossible to accidentally build 200 mills instead of banks (yeah, I did that, oops. I was sleepy and in a rush).

My other Utopian history is helping with the new Guide and the Wiki. The Guide team has been working hard taking the feedback people have been providing on the current version and working to make it even better, hopefully that'll be released shortly but you can't rush great art (and having seen the drafts that our art ninja is working on, it's truly amazing and I know everyone will love them!). The Wiki has been having a big overhaul too, over the last 2 months or so I've added/updated/removed/relinked about 300 pages of it (which is about a third of the site).

As to the changes I'd bring to the moderation of the forums, I wouldn't say it was missing but I'm here to provide a helping hand to the current owners and moderators to maintain friendly and clean forums. We want more people to join our community and not get offended or attacked on forums and quit. I don't have a political investment in the crowns so I'm able to provide an unbiased perspective on forum posts and, as DavidC says, I have a pretty level-headed point of view. I'm very excited about being granted the moderator position and I'm looking forward to helping keep our forums fun for a long time.
    Thanks :) I enjoyed reading it. Sadly, I missed the ages when Gnomes and Dark Elf were active, so I never got to try them out. Hope that you are able to help out with making forums a more positive place for people (many threads descended into big time negativity which is enough to drive out most newcomers from the forums).

@Zulu - Sassy is too nice for you :D

Forum Addict
    oh and also

Shots fired! Shots fired!

Congratulations to Sassy, nice to see a lady rockin' the forums <3

Congrats Sassy and GL

already page 3 still no pic? really?

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    She seems to green to be a good fit for the role of moderator. But a trial period before judging is in place I guess. Let's hope that this recruitment will be better than the previous ones.
    No posts in a month. Promotions are dangerous..
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Quote Originally Posted by Tadpole View Post
    No posts in a month. Promotions are dangerous..
    Well at least she logs in. Dont have to post to make her job.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    If people want another Palem I can try and post twice as much...

Forum Fanatic
    She seems to green to be a good fit for the role of moderator. But a trial period before judging is in place I guess. Let's hope that this recruitment will be better than the previous ones.
    Remember when dharan was made a mod, that was a disgrace to the community all around (not to mention very ironic)

I got something. Kick this moderator. Who appointed her in the first place. "Hi my name is sassy whatever face. I give out infractions when you say naughty bad words" get over yourself!!!
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

I refuse to apologize for giving you an infraction and removing your comment when you use a medical condition as an insult.

Flaming and attacks are against the rules. You can refresh on what the rules are here http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...06-Forum-rules
    A guide to SW's posts

Regular text = SW as a player
    Bold = SW as a mod (used for mod requests, warnings, etc.)
    Green = Someone messed up the regular and bold text and had to get edited/warned/banned.

I refuse to apologize for giving you an infraction and removing your comment when you use a medical condition as an insult.

Flaming and attacks are against the rules. You can refresh on what the rules are here http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...06-Forum-rules
    Spam is also against the rules like posting posts with no text and just say gifs.. But that seems fine ..

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    Spam is also against the rules like posting posts with no text and just say gifs.. But that seems fine ..

Im sorry, I've been drinking and this was just too relevant xD #sorrynotsorry

-DM <3
    Co-host of the daily talk thread "Meme-Dumpster-Fire"
    The House of Eargasms has moved to Discord! Come Join the MUTINY!!!

#MUTINY-FM
    https://discord.gg/Y76paHZ

H.O.E
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...se-of-Eargasms

Thread Information