Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welcome our new Forum Moderator!

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Verminator View Post
    When do we get to, in true Utopia community fashion, make the jokes about her post count and clear fake nick? ;)
    One might say she's a little...green

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    One might say she's a little...green
    Reusing a joke is not ok. I WAS FIRST!

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    Gratz @Sassy!! \o/ <3 <3

-DM <3

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    Only post worth reading in this entire thread, OP included.
    Wrong, I found yours rather entertaining.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Welcome Sassy. Im new here but good to have a lady on board to teach these guys some manners. #sassyismod

Enthusiast
    Sassy, out of curiosity, can you share with us your utopian history? Just stuff like when you first started playing, what your memories of the early days were like compared to now, what changes you'd love to bring in through moderation of the forums that were missing earlier, etc. Not interested in knowing which KDs you played in, who you played with. Just an overview of your utopian experience :)
    Last edited by Shrinky; 23-07-2017 at 14:13. Reason: correction in spelling

Forum Addict
    I'd like to see her start with an over-moderation of all Taylor Swift pics, the ensuing mod battle would be epic and highly enjoyable. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Shrinky View Post
    Sassy, out of curiosity, can you share with us your utopian history? Just stuff like when you first started playing, what your memories of the early days were like compared to now, what changes you'd love to bring in through moderation of the forums that were missing earlier, etc. Not interesting in knowing which KDs you played in, who you played with. Just an overview of your utopian experience :)
    Shrinky stop hitting on Sassy shes mine!!!
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    Shrinky stop hitting on Sassy shes mine!!!
    Really? I thought Krissy was yours already.

Really? I thought Krissy was yours already.
    Who says Im allowed to have just one!
    - unknown

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    #Strato_4_President!
    +1

Experienced, intellectual, and a huge knowledge about the dynamics of the game due to experimenting and kingdom hopping right from top kingdoms to the worst ghettoes, taking in all stops inbetween.
    I've never heard anyone say a bad word about Strato. Or heard Strato say a bad word about anyone else.
    Plus he doesn't have to take up a fake nick to be acceptable to the community or trusted.

Strato for mod!

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Strato runs a province that I'm not comfortable sitting.

There's a bad thing about Strato ;)

Sassy, out of curiosity, can you share with us your utopian history? Just stuff like when you first started playing, what your memories of the early days were like compared to now, what changes you'd love to bring in through moderation of the forums that were missing earlier, etc. Not interesting in knowing which KDs you played in, who you played with. Just an overview of your utopian experience :)
    Hi Shrinky,

I started playing in 2009 (age 44) back when gnomes and dark elves were still here. I ended up in a lot of random ghettos that were just a group of people not really interested in working together. I eventually found my way into a kingdom that taught me the game properly instead of me reading guides and trying to work it out on my own from there. I stayed with them for while then they decided to disband so I took a break for quite a while. I came back in age 66 and was randomed into a great kingdom that I'm still with. There has been some membership and leadership changes but the core is still there. We aren't a top kingdom but usually quite active and great fun to play with and chat with outside of the game too.

My memories from the beginning, I never got to play Dark Elf but I did play Gnome one age and I thought it was really fun at first, but very quickly became boring since my kingdoms weren't warring being a turtle wasn't great after you get pumped. So I'm really enjoying the recent push towards more hybrid style play and allowing T/Ms to be encouraged to have some offensive as well. I'm super happy with my province right now, it's great fun and I feel strong without being so OP that it's stupid. I love that the community aspect is really encouraged to get full enjoyment of the game, that's very important. I remember having spreadsheets and using Angel for a lot of things and with Munk now built-in, I'm loving that as well! I can easily order buildings without have to copy and paste a bunch of numbers and it's practically impossible to accidentally build 200 mills instead of banks (yeah, I did that, oops. I was sleepy and in a rush).

My other Utopian history is helping with the new Guide and the Wiki. The Guide team has been working hard taking the feedback people have been providing on the current version and working to make it even better, hopefully that'll be released shortly but you can't rush great art (and having seen the drafts that our art ninja is working on, it's truly amazing and I know everyone will love them!). The Wiki has been having a big overhaul too, over the last 2 months or so I've added/updated/removed/relinked about 300 pages of it (which is about a third of the site).

As to the changes I'd bring to the moderation of the forums, I wouldn't say it was missing but I'm here to provide a helping hand to the current owners and moderators to maintain friendly and clean forums. We want more people to join our community and not get offended or attacked on forums and quit. I don't have a political investment in the crowns so I'm able to provide an unbiased perspective on forum posts and, as DavidC says, I have a pretty level-headed point of view. I'm very excited about being granted the moderator position and I'm looking forward to helping keep our forums fun for a long time.

oh and also

Quote Originally Posted by Sassy_Wolfie View Post
    oh and also

HAHAHA this might make pam tear up
    - unknown

Thread Information