Thread: Regarding Monarch Message

Regular

Regarding Monarch Message

Ive been thinking about ways to bolster this a bit. One idea came to mind to add a dropdown field for important in-game dates that are relative to players time zone.

For instance, if Monarch chooses to display this information, drop a calendar dropdown, they can set Fort timer start/end dates, EOWCF end dates, Wave dates, anything really. Once the date is set, there is an additional box that displays under the traditional MM with "Important Dates" where these would be displayed relative to players location. Something like "Exit Fort Timer - [x] ticks from now, [MMM, DD, YRX (uto date)]"

Calendar would function sort of like this:

+ Add Date [Calendar drop down] or [+X Hours from now] [Message (Fort Timer, etc)] [-Remove Date]

@David, I can provide mockups of what im thinking if you would like or if this doesn't make any sense at all.

Regular
    I realize off-site intel sources already do this, but this makes it easily accessible to kingdom mates right on their throne page, and easier for Monarch to set dates.

For example: I goofed on the Exit Fort timer by 24 hours, and had the wrong month (rollover month). Caused some confusion, and yes I realized I can calculate that accurately, but this would ensure a more accurate date to be set, with timer.

+1!

Post Fiend
    +1

Trying to convert Utopia dates to real time is a pain in the butt. Especially once you've gotten accustomed to certain times, then daylight savings comes in and mucks it all up.

Thread Information