View Poll Results: How have you enjoyed the changes this age?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have enjoyed the changes.

29 43.94%
  • I have not enjoyed the changes.

27 40.91%
  • The changes did not have an effect on my enjoyment.

10 15.15%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This Age vs Previous

This Age vs Previous

The age is getting to the point that we can see the end and I'm impatient. How do you feel about the changes made for this age?

Horrible gains formula but the addition of Dryads make up for it!

#happytreefriends
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

A bit too tanky cores made for some exhaustingly long wars. Pool changes are alright imo. Not sure how I feel about dryad, I guess nothing really works against Dwarf.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Veteran
    really dislike the rituals, for me they can be removed.
    My former contribution to a kingdom known by many names
    [ Palindromes - Stuck inside my head - Dinner is Served - Doom & Bloom Seed Co. - Foxtonomy - First Impressions ]

=^..^= SPGC !! =^..^=
    It is I the Three Musketeers, Alpacahontas, Appetitical ManiaC, Twerk it Harder Make it Better

"\*.Pyromaniacs.*/"

A little more balance in the races would be nice, if the tank busters were a little more viable the tank cores would have had a rock paper scissors feel. It was pretty clear what was OP going into this age.

I like the new gains formula out of war. I think it would be better to have nw only in war instead of the hybrid. This would shorten the current average war length (which i wonder if the server tracks, that'd be super interesting).

Age of dwarf(human for a lot of warring kds) is still way better than age of avian.

New WW system is great, mutual war button also great.

New pool system I dont really have an opinion on.

Rituals could use some flavor and balancing, but the overall idea of them is good.

Way more positives than negatives.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Are rituals not supposed to get an update where you can cancel out another KD's ritual by casting? That's what I thought those were about. Now it's just a mundane task of recasting Barrier.
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Needs to get out more
    I like the changes. I'm not sure how avians feel, but everyone else seems ok. Maybe ask some elves to.

I'm playing dryad cleric in a micro-kingdom.

The Virtual Kingdom took a while for me to feel comfortable with the total balance. In seeing where I wanted things to go I decided to look at the ability to use the meter. Even though dryad tac seems also-ran, it gave some deep offense oow I wanted.

The undead sages are part signature to my style and I paired them up with human clerics to collapse on targets for interference. Undead have utility oow with rituals, can go for conversions without feeling pressed to abduct, and can unleash amnesia in UF when that occurs. I like the human cleric pairing particularly for the 5 general augmented plague spread.

My orc war heroes are glass canons, but I envisioned them in a quintupled WS tactic with the faery paladins. Avian warriors run trap to force nw/acre parity.

Faery otherwise run with the dryad tac as shield bearer in 3 simlar spearhead divisions that are comprised of a dwarf heretic, elf mystic and halfling rogue. While I considered watering down the builds by going for things like halfer mystic for rounder performance I had to look at the vast dwarf cores as probable targets.

In the end I felt comfortable with the cross section of capability in relations thru war. This means I think the devs did a decent job of overall balance and why I feel the dwarf glut is systemic to efficiency seekers. Though I don't feel The Virtual Kingdom would necessarily win these conflicts, I feel the excitement of the enemy facing a kingdom built as TVK would be memorable.

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Strategy Moderator
    personally i voted "hasnt effected me" pool change made us go big, but thats not inherently better/worse. Paladin and dryad are nice but unremovable barrier and an 8/9 leet instead of a 9/8 leet on dwarf made things slow. Only things i'd really change are more buffs to dryad offense, move the +1 general back to warrior, and make pool 2/tick if >median 3/tick if < median to make recovery "relatively" easier for top kds.

No love for paladin in this thread.

Dryad was always a very viable option VS turtled dwarfs, just that no one dared to play them. Or simply failed to see the potential opa you can push with them.

Ritual need balance and I agree with BoH that the gains system should be nw in war. As for oow i still think more land based and less nw based gains is needed.

Dwarf elite need change to 9/8 or maybe 10/7 (or 9/7).

I would like to see minor tweaks for next age to balance it up, then it looks promising.

Personal explore pool should stay
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    No love for paladin in this thread.
    Being the kingdom's ***** isn't particularly fun.

I won't comment on the in game stuff but the changes have made the forums very entertaining. 9/10 changes

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shai View Post
    Dryad was always a very viable option VS turtled dwarfs, just that no one dared to play them. Or simply failed to see the potential opa you can push with them.
    On the contrary, you should see my ball busting, force of nature wrecking ball. Dryads rule!

Anyone saying they're chain bait bich plzz, I've been on land defense retaining 90% of my original offense and making tanks weep.

-DM <3
    Last edited by Zombies are people too; 19-07-2017 at 21:13.

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Being the kingdom's ***** isn't particularly fun.
    Subjective, our paladins really enjoy the Honour leeching from PI alone; Mutualism at it's finest.

-DM <3

Enthusiast
    Overall the changes are good for the game - especially individual pool. It's the best way to force the top to gain acres from each other and leave the rest of the game alone. Given how retarded the top has been all age I can't say I blame them for wanting to be rid of us.

The smaller stuff like race balance has been pretty dumb. An econ race shouldn't also be as def heavy as dwarf while still having offense. They are too strong out of the gate and can stay strong at large sizes which is necessary for individual pools. The ww bonuses are also pretty stupid. They shouldn't be the same for a 48 hour war as they are for a 2 week war. This just encourages arranged wars to prop yourself up early.

I still am positive about the overall direction and think they are good. People blaming the changes for the top being as much as a ****storm as it is are being narrow minded. The top is a ****storm because we are generally ****ty human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by sexual harassment panda View Post
    The top is a ****storm because we are generally ****ty human beings.

Amen

Thread Information