View Poll Results: How have you enjoyed the changes this age?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have enjoyed the changes.

29 43.94%
  • I have not enjoyed the changes.

27 40.91%
  • The changes did not have an effect on my enjoyment.

10 15.15%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: This Age vs Previous

Director of Age Changes
    We didn't bait a ghetto and we were leading the race up until the incident. Ofc, baiting ghettos works great, but it's not as great as you think. It's the mid-late age bonuses that need toning down.

Tbh, I'd like it if we went back to 4p specs (+1) and ~6-7p elites.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    We didn't bait a ghetto and we were leading the race up until the incident. Ofc, baiting ghettos works great, but it's not as great as you think. It's the mid-late age bonuses that need toning down.
    An early ghetto bait can put you in the driver's seat for CFs to an extent now that it did not in earlier ages. The gain itself as a number is not that significant, but the early bait really is hard to overcome in the early maneuvering (imho).
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

CR did not early war, they just pumped then warred wSk, they were in a prime spot there, then all the crazy stuff happened.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    CR did not early war, they just pumped then warred wSk, they were in a prime spot there, then all the crazy stuff happened.
    I guess. I would not too heavily argue for my recollection of events this age. All I know is, almost every war we have attempted has fallen through. I was RWA to war CR and lose from sheer boredom (I dunno how others felt). I know that there was nothing I could do to row to a competitive size to match other KD large provinces and there was no realistic way to take any of them down. This turned the whole age into a series of structured farmouts and DB's and made me utterly hate it.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    Yes affluent is useless. Barrier split would be good.

Contrary to Tadpole, I thin EoW bonuses need to be nerfed to death at this point given that you can't grow outside of war. Right now, rewards weight the game to whoever baits a ghetto first. Is that what we want?
    It's ww bonuses rather than eowcf bonuses that harms the most. Mangos start of the age is a case in point of the possibility of superior positioning without oop bait war. Besides, we shouldn't think all about whoring kds :)

There might be a case for eowcf bonuses to scale with age progress, war length etc though. To balance the boost of oop eowcf gains.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Quote Originally Posted by Tadpole View Post
    It's ww bonuses rather than eowcf bonuses that harms the most. Mangos start of the age is a case in point of the possibility of superior positioning without oop bait war. Besides, we shouldn't think all about whoring kds :)

There might be a case for eowcf bonuses to scale with age progress, war length etc though. To balance the boost of oop eowcf gains.
    Oops. Yes I meant WW bonus.

Post Fiend
    1. Change Paladin casting to make them more enjoyable.
    A) make ally casting based on guild % like casting self spells on your own province.
    B) Their current mechanic only allows them to cast on low wpa HU, massively negating paladin potential. The way it's setup limits their abilities to be affective like they should be.

2. The war agreement system is easily manipulated and removes the entirety of the hostile gameplay in almost every circumstance, we are currently in our first hostile of the age. Less strategy is needed.

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xist View Post
    1. Change Paladin casting to make them more enjoyable.
    A) make ally casting based on guild % like casting self spells on your own province.
    On the Flipside, I could run a Orc/Dryad Paladin suicide attacker with 10 wizzie & high guilds; even chained I'd be OP. I believe the owners did this so Paladin couldn't be abused.

-DM <3

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombies are people too View Post
    On the Flipside, I could run a Orc/Dryad Paladin suicide attacker with 10 wizzie & high guilds; even chained I'd be OP. I believe the owners did this so Paladin couldn't be abused.

-DM <3
    Fair, except you shouldn't have to run provs a certain way so that a support class can perform in its role. If you want to limit abuse, maybe increase mana costs and swap to guild based casting. make self spells easy to land on anyone but more costly to do so. currently, unless your purely designed to allow for support it's not the most reasonable option. there's quite a few cool new spells for them that quite frankly get little to no use purely due to the difficulty of landing them and lack of targets to land them on. You can't have your entire kd run low wpa so that a pally can properly support, it's counterproductive. This is important especially when you go to war and the other kd aws your paladin to death. his personallity becomes useless for the remainder of the age.

Quote Originally Posted by Xist View Post
    Fair, except you shouldn't have to run provs a certain way so that a support class can perform in its role. If you want to limit abuse, maybe increase mana costs and swap to guild based casting. make self spells easy to land on anyone but more costly to do so. currently, unless your purely designed to allow for support it's not the most reasonable option. there's quite a few cool new spells for them that quite frankly get little to no use purely due to the difficulty of landing them and lack of targets to land them on. You can't have your entire kd run low wpa so that a pally can properly support, it's counterproductive. This is important especially when you go to war and the other kd aws your paladin to death. his personallity becomes useless for the remainder of the age.
    That's called counter play and it is extremely important to balance and gameplay. "How dare I have to run a high wpa on a casting based personality and defend that wpa!"
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Post Fiend
    Im playing paladin atm. Casting support spells to attackers is no problems for me so far. The problem is when you wanna. Help mystis and sometimes rogues. If you change it to guild-based success rates, then the rune cost should double of what it is, otherwise it's too easy to be a viable paladin.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    That's called counter play and it is extremely important to balance and gameplay. "How dare I have to run a high wpa on a casting based personality and defend that wpa!"
    Sure it probably works out in most ghettos, but when your playing in an advanced kingdom not so much, your core cant afford to run such low wpa and expect a few paladin spells to amount to that equivalent of a value. Shouldn't class like this be more adaptable to all types of kingdoms?

Needs to get out more
    Uncle Rico the Undead Paladin: yeah, I cast NMs on you so you wouldn't get NS real bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanoize View Post
    really dislike the rituals, for me they can be removed.
    +2 faerys can be removed aswell forever

Thread Information