Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avarice VS Settlers

Avarice VS Settlers

Just saw Avarice pulled out a WW and took #1 spot. Any updates or summary on how war went??
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    Just saw Avarice pulled out a WW and took #1 spot. Any updates or summary on how war went??

Settlers gains alot of Honor and Land, and dropped our NW significantly more then we dropped them. They started with a 1-way dragon for 2ish waves while we had only paid 50% of ours prior. We used our cash prior to war to get a significant military lead instead.

Settlers effectively chained all our Humans deep. We dropped their Elf Mystics and did NMs waves.

Settlers existed the war quite early knowing it would be hard for them to break through against our Elves, to quote their monarchs response to this: "Too many elves lol, and no use wasting what we gained."

Not sure about the final tally but Settlers was definately up tons of acres and honor, but down military, peasants, TM networth and had a full Emerald coming their way next wave. We felt we were in a pretty good position to get the win in a couple of days time and I guess they did too

Settlers were good sports and gave us the best challenge we've had so far this age. No disrespect to 3:15 ofc ( can anyone tell me who the **** they are?)
    Last edited by Minty; 20-07-2017 at 16:32.

Well hats off to both of you!!! And no clue who 3:15 is.
    - unknown

Regular
    Thanks again for a great war Settlers!

Veteran
    It was interesting =] We will likely see you again at some time. Hope it will be as fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    You just got owned again. When will you learn fool. I'm just on a different level.

Veteran
    You can likely figure out who 3:15 is via process of elimination ;) they'll have been disappointed to lose though..

What's up with avarice this age? They've always been good but this age they seem to be crushing it. New players, new LS, just taking things seriously...?
    Josh; leader of a lovable band of misfits, Pinoys, and probable virgins.

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by s0830887 View Post
    What's up with avarice this age? They've always been good but this age they seem to be crushing it. New players, new LS, just taking things seriously...?
    I could tell you why, but I won't.
    You just got owned again. When will you learn fool. I'm just on a different level.

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    No box scores? C'mon give us a war summary :D

-DM <3

Quote Originally Posted by elixer View Post
    I could tell you why, but I won't.
    When I warred them last age they were on point for sure. Definitely took advantage of the few slip ups that we had. Ball is in their court now for WW crown!
    - unknown

Regular
    AvArice has taken out the title of "Banner Wars" over the last 3 ages that is for sure, add that to the trophy cabinet!

What a great team to be in.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by s0830887 View Post
    You can likely figure out who 3:15 is via process of elimination ;) they'll have been disappointed to lose though..

whoo are they!!! telll meee , tell me now you coy sob!!! aroooo ;)

As for AvA... just looking to fight good opponents, learn and get better, take what we learn from each war, apply it to the next. Roster hasn't changed much in the last 2 ages.

Veteran
    Don't get ahead of yourselves. I know we withdrew, but it was not based on skill. Almost anyone can FS, that does not make you a good kd. I know I sound bitter, I just hate over exaggerations. The war was won for you when you first sent a msg to us, but you were still outplayed(regardless of the "charts"). I will say that we had a great war, but don't only consider a win as the best part. Yes it is good to be able to have that, but there is more to winning than just having bragging rights. Being flexible and adjusting to strategy says more about your abilities over just getting the win(through an easy mode setup). We lost, but only because you only care about war charts(which are a part of the game, and grats on almost securing it? remember there is still time to lose it- no more comments). Please don't take what I say to heart btw, I don't mean to sound all high-and-mighty. I just feel there is more involved than simply winning a war, which is why I attempted an example as to why I feel this way. I really hate posting stuff, but it only seems to happen when I drink. I still feel I have a valid reason to post what I do though.

For Stratocastle.... I want you to think on wrestling a bit more. Remember that these people still suffer from what they do, whether you want to see it or not. Everything these people do effects their health/life, you do not walk away from that unscathed. What you use is a poor example of what utopia is. Hmm... I almost removed the previous statement- but now that I read what I/we said, it makes a bit more sense(can't remove even though I'll be flamed by kids). Just remember that not everything that happens in utopia can be compared to wrestling(I'd give a more current example, but I'm not trying to start anything ;])

So, all-in-all, I've learned to not trust the public. They only aim to mislead and confuse lol. #thinkforyourself!
    Last edited by elixer; 24-07-2017 at 07:29. Reason: no edit. just hope it makes sense.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by elixer View Post
    Don't get ahead of yourselves. I know we withdrew, but it was not based on skill. Almost anyone can FS, that does not make you a good kd. I know I sound bitter, I just hate over exaggerations. The war was won for you when you first sent a msg to us, but you were still outplayed(regardless of the "charts"). I will say that we had a great war, but don't only consider a win as the best part. Yes it is good to be able to have that, but there is more to winning than just having bragging rights. Being flexible and adjusting to strategy says more about your abilities over just getting the win(through an easy mode setup). We lost, but only because you only care about war charts(which are a part of the game, and grats on almost securing it? remember there is still time to lose it- no more comments). Please don't take what I say to heart btw, I don't mean to sound all high-and-mighty. I just feel there is more involved than simply winning a war, which is why I attempted an example as to why I feel this way. I really hate posting stuff, but it only seems to happen when I drink. I still feel I have a valid reason to post what I do though.

For Stratocastle.... I want you to think on wrestling a bit more. Remember that these people still suffer from what they do, whether you want to see it or not. Everything these people do effects their health/life, you do not walk away from that unscathed. What you use is a poor example of what utopia is. Hmm... I almost removed the previous statement- but now that I read what I/we said, it makes a bit more sense(can't remove even though I'll be flamed by kids). Just remember that not everything that happens in utopia can be compared to wrestling(I'd give a more current example, but I'm not trying to start anything ;])

So, all-in-all, I've learned to not trust the public. They only aim to mislead and confuse lol. #thinkforyourself!
    Well there you have it folks. We won due to an easy mode setup and not due to any skill or strategy or anything like that.

Post Fiend
    Hey dont forget youre only going to WW crown this age because of a terrible change to the way points are given. Massively boosted points for being 25 man

Thread Information