Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Avarice VS Settlers

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by RollinHammer View Post
    Hey dont forget youre only going to WW crown this age because of a terrible change to the way points are given. Massively boosted points for being 25 man
    i'd say its a bit early to be talking about crowns when the age end announcement hasn't even been made yet but yea, lets go with that... gaming the system wooo! #privileged

Hey dont forget youre only going to WW crown this age because of a terrible change to the way points are given. Massively boosted points for being 25 man
    Why are people bothering with Crowns in 2017. None in our KD has ever made a big deal about rankings, don't know why you guys get so triggered

Quote Originally Posted by elixer View Post
    Don't get ahead of yourselves. I know we withdrew, but it was not based on skill. Almost anyone can FS, that does not make you a good kd. I know I sound bitter, I just hate over exaggerations. The war was won for you when you first sent a msg to us, but you were still outplayed(regardless of the "charts"). I will say that we had a great war, but don't only consider a win as the best part. Yes it is good to be able to have that, but there is more to winning than just having bragging rights. Being flexible and adjusting to strategy says more about your abilities over just getting the win(through an easy mode setup). We lost, but only because you only care about war charts(which are a part of the game, and grats on almost securing it? remember there is still time to lose it- no more comments). Please don't take what I say to heart btw, I don't mean to sound all high-and-mighty. I just feel there is more involved than simply winning a war, which is why I attempted an example as to why I feel this way. I really hate posting stuff, but it only seems to happen when I drink. I still feel I have a valid reason to post what I do though.

For Stratocastle.... I want you to think on wrestling a bit more. Remember that these people still suffer from what they do, whether you want to see it or not. Everything these people do effects their health/life, you do not walk away from that unscathed. What you use is a poor example of what utopia is. Hmm... I almost removed the previous statement- but now that I read what I/we said, it makes a bit more sense(can't remove even though I'll be flamed by kids). Just remember that not everything that happens in utopia can be compared to wrestling(I'd give a more current example, but I'm not trying to start anything ;])

So, all-in-all, I've learned to not trust the public. They only aim to mislead and confuse lol. #thinkforyourself!

I find it hilarious that you talk about the idea of a "flexible and adjusting strategy" and all you did yourself was chaining enemy attackers before withdrawing. Where were your attempts to be flexible and adjusting your strategy to your opponent?

None has said anything bad about your KD until you took it upon yourself to talk smack Mr.

To me being flexible and adjusting your strategy is about pinpointing the enemys strengths and doing something about it

How did you outplay us if you didn't even try scratch our stronger provinces? The reason you sound bitter is because you are, or simply very drunk :P

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    The reason you sound bitter is because you are, or simply very drunk :P
    probably very very very drunk.
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Post Fiend
    because old system allowed for kingdoms to war within there own competitive ranges and still do alright on points. New system forces you Up the charts in gigantic leaps into wars you will never win because everyone waiting for you has millions of gold and way further ahead in wpa pump.

Post Fiend
    Sheesh, I don't think anyone in avarice mentioned wanting to crown in anything besides banner war. Not sure why anyone is chiming in saying don't get ahead of yourselves, or the only reason for crown points etc etc.
    Last edited by MasterShake2129; 24-07-2017 at 23:14.

because old system allowed for kingdoms to war within there own competitive ranges and still do alright on points. New system forces you Up the charts in gigantic leaps into wars you will never win because everyone waiting for you has millions of gold and way further ahead in wpa pump.
    Doesn't this apply to everyone? As you win you are forced up into range of, generally, other KDs who have won. This happens to those with 25, and those with less. If you want to smurf and get WWs against small KDs that's your problem. If your KD can't organize to deal with bumping into bigger KDs- or be willing to take, and lose, a War against a better opponent now and then (and be bumped back into your preferred ghetto range?)... it becomes clear that you are out of your league. If you can't compete with these KDs, why do you think you deserve to be in a WW race with them?

I have no idea how the new WW points system works, but if it gives more points to KDs who are the biggest (who tend to be 25 province KDs), it seems to make sense to me. To get into those positions generally takes time and effort from a 25-person team. So it seems logical to me that to risk that position in a War, and win deserves more points than other, lower-lying KDs.

If you think your KD deserves the points you better recruit up to 25, then go out and get them.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    I find it hilarious that you talk about the idea of a "flexible and adjusting strategy" and all you did yourself was chaining enemy attackers before withdrawing. Where were your attempts to be flexible and adjusting your strategy to your opponent?

None has said anything bad about your KD until you took it upon yourself to talk smack Mr.

To me being flexible and adjusting your strategy is about pinpointing the enemys strengths and doing something about it

How did you outplay us if you didn't even try scratch our stronger provinces? The reason you sound bitter is because you are, or simply very drunk :P
    We took a losing situation and made the best of it, granted we did not mess with your elves. Sometimes different views have different outcomes. Like I said I really meant no harm by it, apologies if I made it seem that way. Get a little chatty when drinking and feel I need to voice my opinion, and never really cared for bragging. We will see each other again, of that I'm sure(due to so many kds around now). Also I can handle getting smack talked back lol, otherwise I would never post in these forums.

Meh. The worst part about it is just the people sitting around waiting for wars to end around them and then they try to war which ever kd ended up closer to their size(easier win due to their target being able to achieve a less than equal pump). Forces you to think on your feet and go with less rewarding plans at times. As long as you play your cards right you can still get decent results, even though they are not always the best reward. With the new gains it is a little easier to finish ahead regardless of who withdraws, plus I've found you can stack up as many credits as a WW gives if you play for the land aspect. For me that was more of what this war was. It is good to have that knowledge and know what can be used.
    Last edited by elixer; 25-07-2017 at 05:17. Reason: added extra quote
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    You just got owned again. When will you learn fool. I'm just on a different level.

Veteran
    whoops
    Last edited by elixer; 25-07-2017 at 05:18. Reason: double post
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    You just got owned again. When will you learn fool. I'm just on a different level.

Needs to get out more
    At least I figured out why you're elixer :)

My wrestling reference was aimed at top kingdoms for the show they put on. War kingdoms don't do that kind of showmanship.

It appears to me there's runoff from the war forum that we aren't privy to here. War forum always attracts the
    personalities that love to scoff. Can I add common characteristics, since I've been in so many kingdoms? (These are not reflections of the fine kingdoms at odds in this thread)

~ The breed is dying, but the most common characteristic in war kingdoms was they all had a fanatical steward. It's funny because you can guess why these guys aren't monarch, but their enthusiasm makes them valued Kool Aid drinkers.

~ Chaining syndrome is when we're all asked what we can do to improve. 3 guys complain about activity and all the good stuff gets muted. So now we change chain targets about 5 ticks before we did last war..for one war; then we go back to stale predictable targeting.

~ Some t/m has a novel idea about not having WT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    At least I figured out why you're elixer :)

My wrestling reference was aimed at top kingdoms for the show they put on. War kingdoms don't do that kind of showmanship.

It appears to me there's runoff from the war forum that we aren't privy to here. War forum always attracts the
    personalities that love to scoff. Can I add common characteristics, since I've been in so many kingdoms? (These are not reflections of the fine kingdoms at odds in this thread)

~ The breed is dying, but the most common characteristic in war kingdoms was they all had a fanatical steward. It's funny because you can guess why these guys aren't monarch, but their enthusiasm makes them valued Kool Aid drinkers.

~ Chaining syndrome is when we're all asked what we can do to improve. 3 guys complain about activity and all the good stuff gets muted. So now we change chain targets about 5 ticks before we did last war..for one war; then we go back to stale predictable targeting.

~ Some t/m has a novel idea about not having WT.
    What are WT'S Strato?

Wrestling theories.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Traumatised View Post
    What are WT'S Strato?
    Stealth Guard Stations :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    Stealth Guard Stations :)
    It all makes sense now. I've been living a lie in Utopia.

Thread Information