Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Divinity VS CR

Tadpole, thank you for the summary.

Just 2 small things that you might or might not know.

CR called Panda, Barco(whatever they were called before, the number thing), for Simians just because they had players from Simians, many times that KD or reincarnation of has had to explain they are not Simians.

Same goes Emeriti, CR/Giraffe or whatever name they've used last 10 ages, leadership was referring to Emeriti as Abs despite only a couple actually being Abs, I even think it was counted that CR had more former Abs then Emeriti had at one time.

It's not a dig at The Mangos, but there's an obvious reason why they are referred to as CR and is held accountable for a lot of **** CR did, whether it's justified or not.
    War is what happens when language fails.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    I think everyone is.
    It's like picking meth as your first drug and bingeing.

You guys - I love pointing fingers - need to reinterpret your meta. Don't believe a guy who's already been down that path. It's time for nuance meta. Y'know; style.

Use your impeccable assets in talent, activity and mechanical brain trust to build something cool with depth of character.
    Believe me, you don't have to burry the pedal on mechanics to really enjoy the game. I could amp my mechanics up magnificently but then I'd be a pain in the ass in game.

You'll still have mechanical harmony just because of your knowledge banks. There are lots of toys in Utopia, so don't get stuck turning the crank on dwarf to ruin your age while you're also competing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Scribe
    is it bad that I find all this very amusing?
    What happened to "it's always the war tier that fights dirty" " top land kingdoms are always open to diplomacy and keep their agreements" etc

With having to face each other you forgot to present the united elitist front :)
    There may be a lot wrong with the game mechanics but it did show who the real <fill in the blank> are in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    is it bad that I find all this very amusing?
    What happened to "it's always the war tier that fights dirty" " top land kingdoms are always open to diplomacy and keep their agreements" etc

With having to face each other you forgot to present the united elitist front :)
    There may be a lot wrong with the game mechanics but it did show who the real <fill in the blank> are in the game
    Nobody denies that **** happens the only one that is delusional is you who think the warring tier has never any ****.

Director of Age Changes
    The war tier is pure!
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

As pure as yellow snow

Wait, there's conflict going on?
    RUTHLESS // Randomers // BiO // Pulse // Pyro // BeastBlood // BlameMod

#Giraffes #PayKuhan

Playing Since Age 18
    Resident esports gob
    Ooooh I didn't even know I had crowns, are they edible?

Its pretty hard to deny there is no ****play in the top when there is at least one drama each age. :)

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Aranfein View Post

CR called Panda, Barco(whatever they were called before, the number thing), for Simians just because they had players from Simians, many times that KD or reincarnation of has had to explain they are not Simians.

Same goes Emeriti, CR/Giraffe or whatever name they've used last 10 ages, leadership was referring to Emeriti as Abs despite only a couple actually being Abs, I even think it was counted that CR had more former Abs then Emeriti had at one time.

It's not a dig at The Mangos, but there's an obvious reason why they are referred to as CR and is held accountable for a lot of **** CR did, whether it's justified or not.
    I keep trying to reform our image by avoiding ****play and being reasonable with people.

But Octo gonna Octo and phish a button out of Coss.

And being reasonable to people just results in getting DB'd and dodged all age.

I do feel like we would've been left to keep razing Barco til EOA if it weren't for our reputation and actions as recently as this age.
    Last edited by Meep; 26-07-2017 at 15:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Meep View Post
    I keep trying to reform our image by avoiding ****play and being reasonable with people.

But Octo gonna Octo and phish a button out of Coss.

And being reasonable to people just results in getting DB'd and dodged all age.

I do feel like we would've been left to keep razing Barco til EOA if it weren't for our reputation and actions as recently as this age.
    Yes, you piss off enough people you are ****ed. Then people will jump on the bandwagon.

Post Demon
    So while all you Barco people are gloating about the tide turning, just remember that it took 2 weeks for people to convince themselves that we needed to be actioned for hitting you, and that it was a combination of other past transgressions and inability to trust us not to try and crown off you, not just people finding our hitting you wholly unacceptable on its own.

Only Coss has really jumped to your defense as finding our waving you unacceptable on its own

Quote Originally Posted by JoRoSaR View Post
    Wait, there's conflict going on?
    No Joro, go back to sleep.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Aranfein View Post

I'm well aware of the lineage banter and guilt by association accusations both on forums and in diplo talks. It's natural really. You get treated badly by a leadership composition one age, it tends to carry over despite what name or in what new kingdom that leadership is sitting next age. Rebranding is difficult. And probably should be. I made no claim towards weather or not Mangos are rightfully labelled as CR or not. To me personally, CR is heavily associated with Zauper and Jwuzi, not Dubai and Mango. And there are very few players (3, 4? including myself) left in CR from when I played there. But I've also been away from the game for quite a few ages :) Mangos isn't even built on the shell of CR (which is still out there if I'm not mistaken). But all that is beside the point...

I'm fine with diplomatic talks, friend-making, CF deals etc. being influenced by what leaders plays where and what they've done in the past. That's unavoidable. I am, however, opposed to that being a justification to break deals and organise GBs. Especially when no transgressions in particular are invoked - but just a "general ****tyness" - and the kd in question (CR) wasn't even around last age. (I'm talking here about that one argument - that Mango deserves to be GBed because of their CR lineage. Nothing else)
    Last edited by Tadpole; 26-07-2017 at 15:37.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

I get what you mean, and I agree no one should be GBd just because of what they might do or has done in the past under a different name/leadership. We both know that's not how it works in utopia though, utopia players still bring up **** that happened 40+ ages ago, to justify punishments, and really what Octo did early age, while it being funny, it ruined Sleepys age or atleast set them back a fair amount, just because of that you should have gotten GBd, justifying it now under a minor thing or assumption, is likely due to people having the size to act on what Octo did earlier.

Doesn't matter what reasons people give now, but that's likely majority of the reason and it's a legit one + you had more acres now so suited those kds better to see a gain and get rid of a competitor.

Post Demon
    I'll also point out, that since all of you are playing with integrity and given Coss and BBs persistent stance past and present over not profiting off policing/dealbreaks, that all of BB, Div, Panthira, Matija, and Coss should probably be keeping tabs on how much they've gained and raze it.

That'll be 25k (From Matija) + 7.5k (From us) to be razed from BB
    And 27.5k (From us) for Div

Thread Information