Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast

Thread: Divinity VS CR

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    Meep in my eyes CR's and BB's image will never change because of the way they talk about Sparta in their private channels. Don't really care what you do in-game as long as you don't mess with Sparta.

Just how I see it, I'm a minority on that one.
    What do we say about Sparta in private channel? I clearly am missing something because I don't remember anyone talking about them in the 4 ages I have been in BB.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

They've ever invited you to BB Ghetto land on WA? When I played I remember frequent talks. Astron has shown me a tiny bit recently. You don't read all of chat, do you?

Funny thing is both of the mentioned KDs have in fact decided it was a good idea to mess with Sparta this age.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

They've ever invited you to BB Ghetto land on WA? When I played I remember frequent talks. Astron has shown me a tiny bit recently. You don't read all of chat, do you?

Funny thing is both of the mentioned KDs have in fact decided it was a good idea to mess with Sparta this age.
    BB Ghettoland is a former kd chat with a majority of the players not even playing in BB any longer. It's a social thread. Not exactly the way to temper current kd policy or thoughts. Most of the negative stuff you refer to was not against your kd but against you personally if I remember correctly.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Meep View Post
    I keep trying to reform our image by avoiding ****play and being reasonable with people.

Just my 2 cents speaking for myself. It's really hard for me to reconcile that, I almost see you as a person being tied to **** play.

A few ages back you waved WSK/coss directly into war after they WD from war with CR up acres but got waved by another kd and pushed button. Sure they said they want to b2b, but after being waved by another kd, plans change. Waving them into an active conflict that they did not initiate is **** play.

Your kd was also trying to tax people hard that age and asking for silly stuff like 25% land. You guys arent/weren't ever good enough to demand that from people, that's a joke. Especially when a noob like Peetah tries to do it.

This age you had another age of breaking a cf and waving a kd and then using the never ending hostile you created to avoid other kds. What Barcolo did was absolutely lame and ****play. They are a dirty kd, you can see that from how they "crowned" last age. But in this instance it looks that they just lawyered your deal, still ****play, but you guys escalated it to a whole new level.

So at least, I, am highly skeptical when you make that statement given your kd was involved in massive ****play under your watch.

I've also been on VM this age and not leading/involved with/doing anything now as far as the action you are receiving from others, just an FYI

I have been invited to all the groups, but I have most of them silenced because I have a life. So I largely skim, then get frustrated and then I pm mod and ask him what I need to know.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Regular

Like the rest not many play in BB thats around that chatt. So there are old pales talking al **** about anything from jobs to wifes and trips etc... and some utopia ofc but plenty dont play or is ghetto or random kdes now.

Regular
    Tadpole, nice summary.

Only missing 3fays raze killed and 4 haflings raze killed from CR to BC. Thats not nice...

Director of Age Changes
    Quote Originally Posted by FatCat View Post
    Tadpole, nice summary.

Only missing 3fays raze killed and 4 haflings raze killed from CR to BC. Thats not nice...
    That's what happens when you refuse diplo. Nothing says 'screw you' like razekilling a few dukes!
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    That's what happens when you refuse diplo. Nothing says 'screw you' like razekilling a few dukes!
    Maby thats the issue... u think diplo work better with razekill. This i told u guys since start of this conflict. Players will quit and for what... so short sighted players you guys are.
    Last edited by FatCat; 26-07-2017 at 22:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    is it bad that I find all this very amusing?
    What happened to "it's always the war tier that fights dirty" " top land kingdoms are always open to diplomacy and keep their agreements" etc
    It's funnier that they say war tier KDs can't compete and now Div is #1

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    I would totally agree any other age but sure looks like sadly divinity jumped into bed with some whoring kingdoms this age.

Post Demon
    to be fair Divinity do not have a significant higher war count than other top kingdoms, so they did not get to 1 simply by warring but by following the same strategy as every other growth kingdom. Now if Barcoloco had not played their hand wrong they might have gotten 1 by warring and winning over their competitors one by one.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadpole View Post
    Basically the whole top is a ****-show, continuing from last age :)

Here's a probably ill-informed run-down (also biased, naturally, since I keep a prov alive in Mangos):

Last age:

BB keeps Emeriti locked in eoa-war. Mike makes deal to farm out his kd to Barco for them to crown over Emeriti with BBs blessing. Leading us to...

This age:

Emeriti
    - Locked in war with Barco for a long, long time. Seeing their chances to crown diminish they reset provs post war. BB was in line to farm and had trained up and are unhappy.

Sparta 1 (Matilja)
    - Wars their allies Sparta2 in a mutually beneficial war OOP
    - Farms out to their allies Sparta2 in a late-age war - Gets actioned by Devs

Sparta 2 (Bart)
    - See sparta 1

Barco
    - Arranges a war ending up mutually beneficial with Divinity (some claim fake war, others don't. Lots of dmg done in war, but very, very little hitting)
    - Deal breaks Mango by noticing into Mangos conflict with BB

Divinity
    - See Barco
    - Noticies into police action/ongoing Mango/Barco conflict (see Mango)
    - Arranges GB on Mango.

BB
    - Accepts policing of Barco by signing a CF with Mango
    - Deal breaks Sparta 1 when they joined Mango in policing Barco. No razing of off policing acres (yet).

Mango
    - Octobrev impersonates Coss and tricks a player to give button to Mango a few days(?) into conflict. Early-mid age.
    - Waves Barco when Barco noticed into Mangos ongoing conflict with BB. Acres gained: ~8k acres (hits minus LL). Time spent: ~2 weeks?
    - Waves Sparta 2 (Sparta claim deal break, Mango claims no CF) to get away from Divs notice into their conflict/policing of Barco

Sleepy
    - Innocent victims!?

Might have missed some dodgy play. Other can add :)

Above leading to the GB of Mango. 10 kingdoms joins in. All of the above + others. Justification of GB is tricky to decipher from logs and forum posts. But something like this:

- Mango = CR = sh1tplaying scums (most common reason stated)
    - Octobrevs stunt
    - Mango LS not booting Octobrev for Octobrev stunt
    - Mango didn't raze off policing acres
    - Mango should have stopped policing earlier
    - Mango deal broke Barco, not the other way around
    - Mango deal broke Sparta 2
    - Mango was colluding with Sparta (1 or 2 or both) to win age
    - Mango was promising Sparta 2 a war win with Barco for helping the policing
    - Mango was using policing Barco to dodge BB war
    - Mango was using policing acres to pump to war Div or BB post a potential war between them

Current standing is: Mango in war with Sparta 2. Mango not hitting (hitting = easier GB). Div and Barco trad and raze in. Most other kingdoms took a lot of fat acres on their own key provinces and seem to be satisfied with that and stopped the policing.

Might have missed some claims, or misunderstood them. So feel free to correct me :) Tried to be reasonably objective.

Now for bias!! :)

Frankly, reasons given for GB (aside from the octo manoeuvre. Some proper **** play there!) seems very weak. Lot's of guilt by association ("They are CR, they deserve whats coming for old sins", "any kd with Octo or Dubai or Mike or whatshisname deserve a GB by default), based on "what ifs" ("Mango would have done this and that if we hadn't started GB") and ridiculous demands (stopping policing without Barco offering any diplomatic or end to conflict is impossible ofc - would only mean razes into war or what have you, razing acres before policing is over is unheard of and so strategically stupid, and how do you even promise war wins, or even wars with 3rd parties that hate your guts). Some are hypocritical (BB have yet to raze their policing acres from Sparta 2 if I'm not mistaken, and the collusion between kingdoms in the top is obviously far reaching outside of Mangos). And in the midst of all of above **** play, how do you find the nerf to throw the first rock and claim moral superiority?

Also think that GBing based on deductive reasoning (A, therefor probably B) sets a dangerous precedence. Instead of GB over actions done, you GB over actions and events assumed to come. Who do we trust with those judgements?

So that's my lil rant. I probably confused most things and misunderstood the rest :)

Barco did arrange a war with Divinity, yes, that is a mechanic of the game now. Barco believed it to be a proper war, with hits exchanged (we did chain 4 provs before they WD afterall). We had no idea they were going to play that way and there was 0 discussion between kingdoms aside from arranging the war. FYI

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    to be fair with the amount of effort we've put in this age you'd be pressed to find a war kd pulling of the kinda activity my kd has been willing to this age. couple that with
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    I would totally agree any other age but sure looks like sadly divinity jumped into bed with some whoring kingdoms this age.
    even if i dissagree with that statement we got insanely "lucky" with how the age turned out v simply outplaying the rest of the top.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by maugrim View Post
    Barco did arrange a war with Divinity, yes, that is a mechanic of the game now. Barco believed it to be a proper war, with hits exchanged (we did chain 4 provs before they WD afterall). We had no idea they were going to play that way and there was 0 discussion between kingdoms aside from arranging the war. FYI
    I said some people thought it was a FW, others didn't. Perhaps should have added that both kd's involved said it wasn't. But quite obvious?

Post was just an effort to point out peculiarities in the top, not to judge (aside from my own biased pow on the GB towards the end). A top war with so little hitting surely is a peculiarity - FW or not :)
    Last edited by Tadpole; 27-07-2017 at 08:14.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Thread Information