Thread: Some balancing suggestions

Veteran

Some balancing suggestions

Some suggestions to balance the races and personalities for next age a bit.

[1] Remove meteors from faery. Having it unique to mystic makes for a more unique feel to mystic. I'd also like to see nightmares removed from faery and undead and making it unique to heretics.
    [2] Give avians immunity to pitfalls as they simply fly over them.
    [3] Make dryad elites cheaper or give dryad an econ bonus.
    [4] Remove the own losses from orc or buff it's elite defense. Right now, it's too much of a liability vs more organised kingdoms that'll simply leave some generals home to camp the orc army home. Can be replaced by another negative, for example the -75% spell damage and duration. This would also work nicely with the orcs other bonusses; you get more gains but no landlusts after chains and their inherent resistance to magic (reflect) makes them less interested in using it themselves.
    [5] Make elites overal cheaper or extend eowcf to 96h. Making sure players are ready to war faster means more time warring and a better game experience.
    [6] Keep the doubled wizard training from guilds on mystic, but consider adding +50% wizard training to paladin and heretic; the secondary magic personalities who really need that wpa.
    [7] Take greater arson off of rogue. Greater arson and assassinate wizards shouldn't be on the same personality as it counters the counter to assassinate. Make teamplay a requirement for killing a province's wizards. Thematically, greater arson would fit well on heretic.
    [8] Sage needs some sort of buff or unique feel to it. Consider adding faster unit training time to the personality (or something along those lines).
    [9] Consider giving warrior an extra buff without it stacking too much offense. For example, higher gains on an ambush.
    [10] Consider buffing some of the paladin spells or switch some of the spells around. As a faery paladin, sharing town watch, bloodlust and revelation is all much stronger than the current paladin spells. The way things are now, faery is the only race I'd consider as a paladin due to the strength of the faery spells.
    [11] Make divine shield more paladin friendly. Using it now also makes it harder to share support spells. Instead, buff the defensive wpa, but lower the targets wpa vs support spells. This makes it much more tactical to use, possibly casting it before sharing the harder support spells.
    [12] Support spells should cost 2 mana instead of 3 in war.
    [13] Implement an intra kd espionage page. This doesn't even need any intel in it, as long as it shows the support spell durations.
    Last edited by Uhm hoi; 24-07-2017 at 15:24. Reason: Added numbers for easier discussion on individual suggestions
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Post Fiend
    - Agree
    - Avian with no Pitfalls would be a bit too powerful. They can already retrain their elites really easily. If immune to PF then the only way to kill those elites is through NS. And before you say "Attackers should be AIAO anyway!", keep in mind of the silent majority that leave armies home for a few hours.
    - Dryads already got an econ boost: acres produce food. This means less farms needed and can build more banks.
    - Orcs are fine the way it is now: a glass cannon. They're meant to take out one of two guys before they themselves die. Go Cleric or build hospitals.
    - Extending EOWCF only makes warring less as people turtle in EOWCF mode. Better to buff EOWCF effects (500% wiz production, 25% exploration costs, whatever)
    - agree on +50% wiz production for heretics and paladins.
    - Only rogues can pull off GA, as it requires high TPA. Besides, Dwarves have it as well now.
    - Sage is fine. A bit boring imo as well, maybe add "increased scientist production"
    - Agree.
    - Paladin spells are powerful already. My only complaint is to make the spells last longer. Also, the offensive spells are too situational to be of any use. Most of the time, casting the good old FB, Greed and Storms is better.
    - Agree. Support spells should be twice as easy to land as offensive spells of the same calibre.
    - Agree.
    - Agree.

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    I like a lot of these suggestions, I can't agree with:
    -Dryads are perfectly balanced imo, have been experimenting all age with Dryad Tact and I love it. In war they're aid dependent like Orcs(Elmon hit it on the head; Glass cannons) but at max alchemy, 200% wages is paid for easily, their elites are balanced price, and yes, with just 4 novice in production, you can get away with >3% farms. Even when chained and a great paladin casting TW on you, you can live of acre food only. If you need quick gold, play the wage game.
    -Orcs would be nuts without the losses. Again they're aid dependant in war, as big breakers should be.
    -Avian with PF immunity will be a repeat of last age
    -Personally I always thought Undead should have Nightmares
    -Rogues should have every Thief Op; they're Rogues

I agree with moving MS back to mystic. I don't think elite cost or EOWCF duration needs to be changed, but EOWCF could use at least a draft speed bonus to make it a bit stronger. All of your points on paladin I more or less agree with including a way to see which support spells are cast, but paladin in general just needs a complete rebalance and the way spell success for it is calculated needs to be changed.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chyrus View Post
    I agree with moving MS back to mystic. I don't think elite cost or EOWCF duration needs to be changed, but EOWCF could use at least a draft speed bonus to make it a bit stronger. All of your points on paladin I more or less agree with including a way to see which support spells are cast, but paladin in general just needs a complete rebalance and the way spell success for it is calculated needs to be changed.
    Ms back to mystic.
    Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

"If you have a problem with a post then use the report button.

24 hour ban for arguing with me. This isn't a democracy." - Bishop

Thread Information