Thread: Remove/Adjust wages penalty of The Kingdom Wall

Postaholic

Remove/Adjust wages penalty of The Kingdom Wall

I believe the reason this was implemented was to prevent sub 25 man kds from abusing the kingdom explore pool. Now that explore pools are individual, there's no reason that I can see for there to be a penalty for not wanting randoms to join your kingdom.

If there is a reason for it that I'm not seeing, at least make it a sliding scale up to 20% wage increase. For example, make each "missing" province be a 2% wages increase. Kingdoms with 21 provinces have a 2% wage increase, 20 provinces have 4% increase, etc up to the cap of 20% on kingdoms with 12 or less provinces.

The penalty does seem a bit too high.

Remove the penalty entirely. It just penalizes kingdom that are trying to improve.

For smaller kingdoms, it just penalizes them for not wanting to kill 9/10 new provs that are going to ruin their experience together.

Post Fiend
    Penalize kingdoms that are under 25 provinces,thats just plain ass stupid.. most kd's CANT fill the kd, so why should they be penalized, theyre already penalized by not being full.
    Strategy Lost CBC
    Bad Company KLA
    Founder of Disturbed KLA
    Zenobias Zealots
    SoRRoW of Exodus
    Equilibrium of Absalom
    Sanctuary of Absalom
    FORCE of Exodus

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Kingdoms under 25 provinces aren't penalized just because they're under 25 provinces. They're penalized for not willing to accept new provinces, which isn't even an issue if you have 22-24 provinces

Post Demon
    Only had to have the wall up for a few days the entire age, that was to not get 19 randoms who wanted to play with a team joining our 3 man shell kingdom. Got 1 player in freeze time and put up the wall, that player was not really interested in playing and got auto abandonned after 1-2 weeks. Dropped the wall a bit after OOP and got 2 more randoms arrond year 3 or 4. I told them that we was testing strategies and didn't plan on warring so they left because they was looking for something else. Removed wall after a few days each time and did not need it since then.

We later picked up a player who probably did not fit into a full team, and we have been open to taking in such players all age even if only one ended up joining.

While I understand the reasoning behind wanting to push more kingdoms to get filled it is not always in the interest of neither the randoms nor the shell kingdoms to be involunterely matched up, and the wall is a harsh penality to prevent such a match. I would much rather see kingdoms being able to opt in on getting more randoms even if they have 22 provinces than I would like to see 19 people getting added to a shell that most likely don't have the leadership capabilities to deal with them.

Autofilling to say 10 people max for shells that don't use invites seems more manageable to me, that way we might even be able to do small time warring to some extend and more people in shell kingdoms would stay the entire age.

My impression for most of the other shells I've approached is that activity can vary a lot, some have the shell to prevent dragging down a team or get rk'ed for inactivity, and I know for sure without the shell my brother who is playing with us this age would most likely not have joined the game again.

Thread Information