Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Razing oow 2:2

Razing oow 2:2

I'd like a quiz about player's oppinion about PK in war and OOW hits in active wars. Should be allowed or not?

We had small people razed by the theyr kingdom until we lost 5 provinces. Was nasty and unhonorable thing. My opinion. We should do the same if they are in war? This game promoted honour and fun (or I don't understand?). But what they made was wrong. Maybe the rules must be changed?

Don't you have a CF you signed? I believe you were stealing GC... Should be somewhere here in the forum.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

I like to post
    My advice is don't start what you cant handle.
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

The answer is, it is all good to do any of that. You just have to not whine about the consequences.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Veteran
    If you feel another kd deserves to get provinces killed, go for it. Just be mindful of incoming revenge. Generally when I do it, I commit the age to it, as the other kd will be trying to do the same when the opportune moment arises. Whenever you kill a province, that's an extra enemy you've made for ages to follow so my advice is to tread carefully.
    Last edited by Uhm hoi; 28-07-2017 at 20:04.
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mystyka View Post
    player's oppinion about OOW hits in active wars. Should be allowed or not?

Was nasty and unhonorable thing.
    Sure but they should lose 15% honor for every hit.
    Last edited by rouge_3016; 28-07-2017 at 20:11.

Postaholic
    There's no rule book for utopia (but don't tell korp, he's been looking for years). You can do whatever you want and attack whoever you want. Just be prepared for what comes of it.

Enthusiast
    I will share a few diplomacy tips.
    1st. Be respectful to everyone in the game including whoring kingdoms and generally will never have a problem.
    2nd. If that doesn't work understand the goal of your opponent and threaten to ruin there goals for the age. If they have no goals or your in no position to ruin their goals. You make it clear that your grudge will continue forever or utopia ends.
    3rd. Carry out your revenge when it will hurt the most. For instance 3 ages later they are positioned to win a crown. You ruin their crown chance and make sure they understand why you did it and it will happen again every time they are close to crowning.

Spartans have a long history of not honoring their cfs & deals with other kingdoms, usually hitting into conflicts when they break their deals.

So as long as you won't cry when they start hitting you, you are free to raze into their war.

Firstly because the game allows it and its a valid strategy to discourage them from coming down harshly on you in the future..

Secondly for the aforementioned reason that they themselves don't care about social contracts.

Post Demon
    Come on now Bart will never win a kingdomwide crown, he is doing these kinds of things to often, and while nobody in the top gives a damn about 7:7 or whatever kingdom is on the block next they will suddenly become all do gooders the moment it benifit them they will form a coalition and GB him. You see he did not even gain enougth in his fake war stunt for them to do this. While he might be hated by many they still do not have the balls to set aside their own goals to go after him, this is why he can be a sub top kingdom and pull stuff like this on whoever is not in the top.

My advice don't spend time in the forum complaining about these things, it is free publicity and even Bart is limited on how many kingdoms he can raze at any one time, you are adding to the myth that he will always raze whoever steals or hit him, that can not be true or he would not have had the resurces to get to 3rd for land and nw. What you are doing is helping him creating an image of playing thougth and essentially help him keep away others in the future. If no one created these threads he would lose much of the reason to raze into other peoples wars or he would have to create these threads himself and making it lose credability in the process.

Lesson learned for you. Dont steal from a kd that you cant handle. That's basic

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by mystyka View Post
    I'd like a quiz about player's oppinion about PK in war and OOW hits in active wars. Should be allowed or not?

We had small people razed by the theyr kingdom until we lost 5 provinces. Was nasty and unhonorable thing. My opinion. We should do the same if they are in war? This game promoted honour and fun (or I don't understand?). But what they made was wrong. Maybe the rules must be changed?
    You've read what everyone thinks, but don't be put off by the sentiments of the forum community. You don't need to be told that provoking a kingdom can have unwarranted consequences. Perhaps there is frustration that a t/m in your kingdom is causing grief because they chose to steal from a monster.

Our first lesson is in morality, even amongst the immoral. Your t/ms should practice clarity in their endeavors. I've had this happen where, after the fact, the t/m admits to stealing from a whoring kingdom. This isn't how your kingdom gets stronger, it makes you weaker. How do we know who's on whos side? - If your t/m is going to steal, particularly from a notorious threat, they should share this information.

If the opinion is that the kingdom would prefer the t/m not to steal from whoring kingdoms then they shouldn't. The t/m should be held accountable for their actions by their home kingdom. The problem with narcissists is they don't care that your core is suffering for their error in judgment. You should, through conversation, get to know if your kingdom mates are narcissists. They should be in low impact positions.

To the matter at hand, I wouldn't do it but Bart will. But then again, I'm not whoring and Bart is. I like Bart and not just because I understand his ways. If you look at exactly what was done because of what happened: Bart expects a tough player base. His actions speak to his opinion: a weak, soft player base is an illusion of worth. I on the other hand welcome the weak and hope they become strong. Hope is our difference.

I'm not supportive of rule changing a free game I choose to play. My way is to self impose my vision from the resources the developers provide. It's the essence of the idea of gaming. If it's "my" game I may enjoy playing it, but more from a position of stewardship.

You do what is necessary. Encourage your razed to come back. In my opinion, we need them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

The player base does not have to be tough. They just need to be wise enough not to steal from Sparta if they don't want to start something. When you start something and post about it here you help deincentivize others from stealing. If you are hoping for some sort of support in form of a GB (nice blatant target share BTW) you've come to the wrong place. In order to get people to help you they at least need to like you somewhat, getting there is an investment that you clearly haven't made yet because then you would be talking to them and not here.
    Finally, my advice: if you are butthurt enough over this start investing time into developing a network of people, it's hard work, will take time and probably a lot of learning in your case. If you are up for it though, Utopia is your oyster, just consider if this something actually worth going for or would you rather attempt something similar in reality?
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Never mind, seems the post I replied to got deleted.
    Last edited by MyNameIsMatija; 29-07-2017 at 04:52.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    The player base does not have to be tough. They just need to be wise enough not to steal from Sparta if they don't want to start something. When you start something and post about it here you help deincentivize others from stealing. If you are hoping for some sort of support in form of a GB (nice blatant target share BTW) you've come to the wrong place. In order to get people to help you they at least need to like you somewhat, getting there is an investment that you clearly haven't made yet because then you would be talking to them and not here.
    Finally, my advice: if you are butthurt enough over this start investing time into developing a network of people, it's hard work, will take time and probably a lot of learning in your case. If you are up for it though, Utopia is your oyster, just consider if this something actually worth going for or would you rather attempt something similar in reality?
    I don't know Matija, I'm a sucker for baby avatars. Despite my adoration for Bart, the babies awake fatherly instincts.
    Stop the madness.

Ordray

CannaWhoopazz

mystyka

Should reform Babies. They had cool banners.

I don't care about the originals; Smith & Wesson aren't forging their own double action revolvers either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information