Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Age length

Veteran

Age length

Only 11 years? It seems to me that the ages are getting shorter. .... I rathee enjoy a slightly longer age.... maybe 12 - 15 weeks.... maybe I'mremembering it wrong, but I seem to remember that the last few ages were a bit longer. I hope that this doesn't come across as being too critical. Not trying to have an argument with anyone, just expressing a thought.......
    Long live Mehul!

Last age was only 10 years but the ones before were 14-17. You should always feel free to put forward your opinion regarding how long you prefer the age to be :)

Administrator
    We feel that the game and players begin to lose their competitive edge ages progress longer than Year 12 and thus have made the decision to aim for age length between 10-12 weeks. This provides enough time to enjoy the age and engage in fierce competition right up until the end of the age.
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Whats the reason for not always having the same length? And what makes you decide how long an age will be?

Probably that they don't know if they will be busy or not if they set a specific date.

Administrator
    Yes, it's mostly set based on our availability to perform the code changes for the new age, conduct the necessary testing, and work around our availability to perform the age reset.

The age reset and freeze time is the only time we have to work on major parts of the code and database that we otherwise cannot work on while it's in live use during the age. So our availability dictates when we can utilize what little time we do have during the reset!
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

That makes a lot of sense, cheers.

Post Demon
    I have noticed a few players drop of late in an age, if you can also see a drop in activity after year 10 or so shortening the age a bit is a good decission even if I feel I'm having a great age and could easily go on for a long time. It is always a ballance I guess, if I have a bad age I would want it to end much sooner.

Post Fiend
    I notice activity dies once a kingdom realizes they stink and lose 2 wars =/

Needs to get out more
    I don't understand why so few don't explore the possibilities.

Digging out of a dreadful chain is a challenging aspect. Restarting a province, random moves, going merc for a war kingdom with an adoption. The possibilities can really boost your love of the game. For some reason many players stay stuck in their situation; it might be crappola war kingdom loosing streaks, top kingdom dwarf traffic with a CF nonsense cherry on top...

Some of my favorite builds have been on the age outro, like joining Jerks "age off" with 5-6 weeks left. The elf cleric was my Crocodile Dundee 'knife lesson' to all I surveyed. In having relations with 3 kingdoms, including War Monkeys and Ascension, I like to think these things have a proving ground. There's a thrill when you have faith in your tank and you're surrounded.

Ages go as long as they do and if I'm not having fun I find it.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 29-07-2017 at 12:27.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

I like a bit shorter ages. With long ages many loose interests.
    Its always fun to start a new age. Pretalks, strats, race setups etc.

This age my kingdom have worked hard to get from a core of 6-8 and now we have 16-18.
    So we are really looking forward to a new age in time.

10-11 weeks is perfect time
    14-17 weeks too long

ps: pls give Elf or Mystic +1 mana :-)

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Movitz View Post
    I like a bit shorter ages. With long ages many loose interests.
    Its always fun to start a new age. Pretalks, strats, race setups etc.

This age my kingdom have worked hard to get from a core of 6-8 and now we have 16-18.
    So we are really looking forward to a new age in time.

10-11 weeks is perfect time
    14-17 weeks too long

ps: pls give Elf or Mystic +1 mana :-)
    I agree Movitz! I find there are 2 challenges with Utopia, 1) determining the 'best' setup (best is subjective as to what your personal or kd goals are) and 2) execution throughout the age. Both of these challenges provide their entertainment and engagement throughout the age. Constantly evaluating whether my choices for #1 were the right ones and analyzing why or why not and what others chose that was better. Having a shorter age allows more of that pre-age (end of age) thinking and planning with your Kingdom.

Forum Fanatic
    I wish it would be set length. Personally id wish it would be a set 12 Yrs every age. then the Devs know when to set up to do their stuff. The players know when it will and can also adjust their schedules.Not every kd is bored and slacks after yr 10

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Veteran
    Shorter ages are better for just about every reason imo. Good stuff!
    Josh; leader of a lovable band of misfits, Pinoys, and probable virgins.

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

Shorter ages aren't bad imo, but it would be nice to have a fixed period each age or at least let players know way earlier the expexted eoa in advance. That information can help a kingdom plan its course for the rest of the age.

Thread Information