Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Age length

Administrator
    Is 2 weeks not enough time before the end of age to notify everyone?

What would you suggest?
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Needs to get out more
    It's a free game. I suggest you go with what feels right.

Is it a monarch thing? Everybody seems so controlly, and barely ever satisfied.

If anything I'd suggest the devs take a 3 week freeze between ages so I can figure out if I'm addicted or just enjoy Utopia more than rude Ohioans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post

What would you suggest?
    I would suggest to set a certain number of weeks and go with it for all the following ages.
    If you want 10 years, that's ok, if you want 12 that's ok also, if you want 20 fine by me, but this should be known from the start, not with 2 weeks notice.

Idea is setup is based on age length also - some pick late bloomers, some pick early birds and some pick fsu setup for the kd. While for the last 2, it's great to have a short age, for the first group is a bit sad, since when they think: ok, 4 more weeks of age - since it's y9 only - yay, we gonna go fsu the top, then a 2 weeks notice comes from you to say: nah, we kill it in 2 weeks.
    You're a team player, a save the day super hero... I hate people like you.

Post Fiend
    A set 12 or 10 week limit would be nice. I understand the limitation of devs tho, gotta do what you are able to do. As been mentioned, it is nice to know what you got to play with from the start. This coming from a monarch perspective, 2 weeks notice can catch you by suprise and you might not be ready to get set up for a war within a week, and then you might have no time to find a war that wont drag away in a ****fest to end of age... persoanlly i like to finish fights before end. For 2 reasons. 1) so that the rightful winner can get a win (if there is no clear one, then no win is right)... 2) I wotn have time to look into changes if I war constantly, if i want to make any meaningful warring atleast, and i want to.

Also from monarch perspective I woudlnt dread a full week, 7 days, break between ages either, to play right into the end of the age, and plan for the next when it is over. I'm not sure if there is a fear of people leaving? That "normal casual players" gets bored and leaves? I could understand that coudl be an issue for those not immersing themself into startegy and planning. 3-4 days freeze or whats it usually been tends to come too quick for me as monarch at times, if i happen to be busy at those days, or as mentinoed if I have to war til the end.

My 2 cents to the wishing well.
    Last edited by ape; 30-07-2017 at 20:53.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post

What would you suggest?
    Similar to what others have said, it will be nice to know when eoa is right at the beginning of age, but that's obviously not possible since it's a free game with constraints on development bandwidth. Nonetheless, 2 weeks might be enough for tactical adjustments but on a strategic level - say lets get out of eowcf, regroup and find/win a war instead of actually fight just any meaningless eoa war - 2 weeks is cutting it tight.

Thread Information