Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Notice Legalities

Notice Legalities

Noticing into EOWCF?

Legit or dodge?
    "Because of the implication"

Depends on did you add "no notice into eowcf" into your deal? If no, then perfectly fine if yes then not ok.

Yeah not sure re that as then you're looking at having to include everything in CF terms. I'm just looking for what is considered the norm.
    "Because of the implication"

It's the norm to include the notice conditions in your deal. In case no conditions are specified notice can be served freely.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by joeblogs View Post
    Noticing into EOWCF?

Legit or dodge?
    Depend from your deal terms, BUT overall its very lame to gave notice in EOWCF. Its break all idea behind reason for ppl to make CF deals with notice.

My advice is don't give notice in EOWCF (don't matter deal terms) and if some one attempt to give you notice talk him and attempt to convince to retract it. People need to have at least some basic moral and ethic.
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Much easier to include the term in your deal which is the norm. If I had a notice deal without notice conditions I'd expect that notice can be served at any time since that's what I'd assume the deal that we signed to be. Can't blame the other side for serving it then, that's bull****.
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    Much easier to include the term in your deal which is the norm. If I had a notice deal without notice conditions I'd expect that notice can be served at any time since that's what I'd assume the deal that we signed to be. Can't blame the other side for serving it then, that's bull****.
    I had one age when Rage intentionally forgot to set in his deal terms "no notice in post war" because they wanted to have option to farm us before rest ABS kingdoms. Situation changed and it end Rage being stick in long war. Still we waited 4 days post war to end before give Rage notice. Its how i handled this situation.

You(rest) people can play it different. Just its wont gain you much in long turn, so its bad move.
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

― Frank Herbert, Dune

It's not immoral or illegal to abide to the terms of your deal. You are free to serve notice post war if you like but you have no right to get upset over being served notice in a manner that abides to the deal you've signed with the other party. Spirit of the deal could be applied but to the same effect, it's the norm to include the notice into hostile/war clause in case you desire such a deal nowadays. Why did you sign such a deal with Rage or whoever if that's not the deal you wanted? You have no grounds to complain. You did the honorable thing and that's great, good on you, but you have absolutely no right to complain over others abiding to the deals they've signed. It's akin to complaining about someone waving on the same date your CF expired because you are not ready to fight. You have to mind your own deals, the competition won't tend to them for you.

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    but you have no right to get upset over being served notice in a manner that abides to the deal you've signed with the other party.
    Its not like i broke any deal with share my opinion in forum but still i see you are upset. :P
    Life is so complicated...:)
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

― Frank Herbert, Dune

I get upset when I'm right and the other side uses smooth talk to get away from the facts :)
    I should be upset, stand for what you believe in, you can be upset but can't rightfully complain, better keep it in.

Needs to get out more
    Elit is essentially saying that we can still be moral and above the written word.

In my personal experiences in Utopia I do my best to do what is right. By that same token, I've not been exposed to such tragic consequences that I can't subvert myself by challenge idioms. In other words, I only retal, I don't move scientists, I don't retal against enemy t/ms, sometimes I try to hit the least hurtful province in a retal so they retain kingdom strat integrity. In war I've often been in position to decimate an enemy to respawning but I give them respite: it's my responsibility to keep them down also.

I'm saying I could be aggressive, I could browse mechanics, I could join powerful forces, but I manage without. My impression is I would never need to take cheap shots if I invoked average Utopian mobility. Of all those in the top with apparently superior playability, you shouldn't need or want valueless achievements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

I'm just saying if I sign a deal as the OP described I expect I'm allowed to notice them into hostile/war therefore I can't complain if the same happens to me. It's not a breach of trust, my opponents are doing exactly what I expected them to be allowed to do by the rules we imposed on ourselves and was of the belief they are aware of the same. I understand what Elit means by it not being a long term victory. If you succumb to greed you will succeed and be miserable at the same time, we should let the challenge motivate us, the hardships empower us, that's what playing the game really should be. Don't worry about what others are doing though, sometimes we need to be selfish to not lose track of what's important. That said, I thank you both for the valuable advice.

Scribe
    Not much you can do about it if they notice you into eowcf or even active conflict if it wasn't specified. You can however refuse to make any deals with said kingdom in the future. Might even find other like minded kingdoms to do the same. Who wants deals with kingdoms known to exploit any and all back doors?

It's not a back door if it's an expected norm. It's a failure of your own diplomacy for not being in tune with the trend. Accept your defeat and honestly ask the other side to reconsider the notice in this manner. Do not blame them for treating you the way they expected you would treat them. Explain to them kindly this is not what you believed your deal to be (which they could not have known). It's on the other KD to do the sportsmanship, you messed up and it's up to them to help you out.
    I strongly disagree with Mirana's proposition.

If Its not in deal it can be done, i did it to Panda couple of ages ago, but while Panda didnt mind, BB Who was their allies did, flogger and prot was very much against it, and threats of GB etc. To be fair it wasnt worth the hassle, it was a matter of 11hrs and i made it very clear that i would hold hits those 11hrs, as i only noticed to dodge wSk. I was in my right to do so and Panda(Cappo/Cyrus) agreed so too.

Looking back i should have waited the 11hrs as the **** it created was huge, and the notice would still had run out an hour before wsk could hit, at the time the threat of 2 kds jumping us within an hour of each other and me not trusting flogger/prot when they said, they wouldnt allow that (both wsk and panda was BB allies), it was a dilemma and i likely should have trusted at least prot.

My advice dont do it If you dont need to.
    Last edited by Aranfein; 29-07-2017 at 12:51.
    War is what happens when language fails.

Thread Information